• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

I thought Kyogre was based on a Leviathan. But a dolphan pokemon would be cool especially in a tropical area.

Kyogre is based on a Leviathan, although it could also be based on an Orca, but it's pretty much a stretch to call it a Dolphin. Now I would like to see a Dolphin pokemon although I don't know if will see one in this generation will just have to wait and see. I'm hopeing that we get a few normal evolutions or pre-evolutions for some of the old gen pokemon(gens 1-6) there doesn't have to necessarily be as many that were in Sinnoh, I just want to see a couple.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
So, this may have already been brought up before, but I'd like to see more stat balancing this Gen. I know the company seems pretty happy with the competitive tiers that have evolved, but when you watch the World Championship and almost every team is made up of some combination of the same ten pokemon, it's a little sad. While there will always be favorites in competitive play, seeing teams like the one in this year's German nationals that included a Ditto and a Mandibuzz is so much more interesting than the standard Groudon, Kyogre, Xerneas, Kangaskahn, Salamence, Rayquaza, Amoongus and Thundurus everyone else was using.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
So, this may have already been brought up before, but I'd like to see more stat balancing this Gen. I know the company seems pretty happy with the competitive tiers that have evolved, but when you watch the World Championship and almost every team is made up of some combination of the same ten pokemon, it's a little sad. While there will always be favorites in competitive play, seeing teams like the one in this year's German nationals that included a Ditto and a Mandibuzz is so much more interesting than the standard Groudon, Kyogre, Xerneas, Kangaskahn, Salamence, Rayquaza, Amoongus and Thundurus everyone else was using.

Yes please! I may have mentioned this before, but I play competitive doubles on Showdown and many of the teams I face get old fast (although I still enjoy it :)). I run a team consisting of Charizard/Typhlosion/Froslass/Suicune/Heliolisk/Mienshao and it is SO much fun using my favourites and climbing the ladder. Unfortunately, most of it comes down to whether or not I can outmaneuver their M-Kang, Diancie, or Landorus-T my opponent is using 99.9% of the time, as I understand these are simply more powerful/faster than what I have. I certainly wouldn't mind a slightly more diverse metagame.

Edit: I'd also like to be clear that stat-balancing wouldn't only benefit competitive. In-game it would also be nice to have a few more balanced mons to work with, so I don't sweep through everything I face because what I have is hands-down the best (looking at you M-Raquaza, Kang, Blaziken, and 3rd gen Salamance)...

Last edited:

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
I'd also like to be clear that stat-balancing wouldn't only benefit competitive. In-game it would also be nice to have a few more balanced mons to work with, so I don't sweep through everything I face because what I have is hands-down the best (looking at you M-Raquaza, Kang, Blaziken, and 3rd gen Salamance)...

Exactly. I don't play competitively myself, though I love keeping up with the VGC tournaments. However, over the Gens I feel like, especially for someone who mono-types, the game is either ridiculously easy, because the trainers are mostly using weaker pokemon (looking at you Gen 6) or ludicrously hard (Ghetsis was incredibly tough for my Dark team to overcome.) Something a little more tactically challenging would be appreciated.

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
This might be just because I watched The Manaphy movie but I think it would be cool for you to get an event (or one of like Zorua/Zoroark) that triggered a special event kind of thing that took you on an adventure with them. Kind of like the Celebii event in HGSS but a little more in-depth. It would be a side thing of course and have little impact on the main story, but I think it would be a nice post game addition.

Creyk

This might be just because I watched The Manaphy movie but I think it would be cool for you to get an event (or one of like Zorua/Zoroark) that triggered a special event kind of thing that took you on an adventure with them. Kind of like the Celebii event in HGSS but a little more in-depth. It would be a side thing of course and have little impact on the main story, but I think it would be a nice post game addition.

That might as well happen.
With the pokedex now giving us "clues" some people are speculating we will have more side missions in the game

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Someone mentioned this but the rotom pokedex giving advice on where to go based on who you've seen would make for a good excuse for open world exploration, or less linear stuff.

Doubt dynamic leveling would be introduced but I'd be glad with that.

Aetius

I doubt that Rotom will participate in battle, as I see it more as a guide rather than another memeber of our team.
Just to be clear, it will be something comparable to Navi in the zelda series IMHO. :D
It would also be hilarious if Rotom would comment on whatever action we take during our adventure. LOL

Firemaker

Mammoth Master!
I doubt that Rotom will participate in battle, as I see it more as a guide rather than another memeber of our team.
Just to be clear, it will be something comparable to Navi in the zelda series IMHO. :D
It would also be hilarious if Rotom would comment on whatever action we take during our adventure. LOL

They might make it break the fourth wall occasionally, and it could be a pretty funny sarcastic commentator.

sheld999

looks like we can now scan QR codes and share them to people so they can scan and get that pokemon location in the game...

justinvclay

Pokémon Coordinator
These games look great so far!

As for what I would like to see...

1. Better/New clothes for trainer customization
I was left wanting more from XY and SUPER disappointed from ORAS.

2. Better Post Game Story.
IMO, XY & ORAS didn't have a fulfilling enough after story. I wanted more and the Battle Maison in ORAS was such a waste. ORAS should have included the Battle Frontier.

3. Dark Type Gym
Overdue...

4. More Fairy Types
Just Because.

5. Different Enemy/Villain Story
I don't know if I can handle another Team ___ again. It would be cool to see another format of Villain. Lillie has potential to be a cool secret villain.

6. Ability to Visit Another Region
It would be so cool to visit at least a part of another region!!!

7. No more Fire/Fighting Starters

8. HM Dive
Come on! It's based off of Hawaii, they should include Dive! I would love to see a Coral Reef filled with Corsola ;222;

9. New Eeveelutions
Flying? Dragon? Ghost? Ground? Rock? Steel?

Bonus: CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE HOT PROFESSOR?
Let's admit it.... Professor Kukui is weirdly attractive for a video game character. Let alone a Pokémon Professor!

Macabrelicious

I'm hoping + praying that we get games with at the very least a difficulty setting for a legitimate challenge. The games are tedious and unexciting even with pokemon like Dustox and Delcatty. I understand Gamefreak is marketing to little children but it's a damn shame the impressive graphics + music of the storyline are wasted on non-gameplay. It's no exaggeration you have to be trying to lose in the newer games and I'm so frustrated by it

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
I'm hoping + praying that we get games with at the very least a difficulty setting for a legitimate challenge. The games are tedious and unexciting even with pokemon like Dustox and Delcatty. I understand Gamefreak is marketing to little children but it's a damn shame the impressive graphics + music of the storyline are wasted on non-gameplay. It's no exaggeration you have to be trying to lose in the newer games and I'm so frustrated by it

I wish they didn't use the 'marketing to young children' excuse to explain why they have made the games so easy. The other day I asked a kid I tutor whether they would prefer the next Pokemon game to be easy or kind of challenging, and he said he'd rather have it be kind of challenging because "that's what games are for". Of course that's just his single opinion, but is it really so that every kid wants their games to be super easy?

Class Zero

We have arrived.

I think someone mentioned when the info first dropped that the Pokedex showed that the player had seen 3 Pokemon, those being the 3 starters, and so since Rotom didn't count for that it is most likely not usable in battle at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.