• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone mentioned when the info first dropped that the Pokedex showed that the player had seen 3 Pokemon, those being the 3 starters, and so since Rotom didn't count for that it is most likely not usable in battle at all.
Yup.

rotomdex01.png

99678241-64ea-46e4-9a39-c3d1ed214cce.png

cee5afb7-0dd2-4304-a88c-c1694bc31096.png

Aetius

I think someone mentioned when the info first dropped that the Pokedex showed that the player had seen 3 Pokemon, those being the 3 starters, and so since Rotom didn't count for that it is most likely not usable in battle at all.

Glad to know that!
It's better this way! :)

AlchemistAzure

I wish they didn't use the 'marketing to young children' excuse to explain why they have made the games so easy. The other day I asked a kid I tutor whether they would prefer the next Pokemon game to be easy or kind of challenging, and he said he'd rather have it be kind of challenging because "that's what games are for". Of course that's just his single opinion, but is it really so that every kid wants their games to be super easy?

that is why you see alot of pokemon fans crying out for a difficulty option when you first start the game. though to be fair im not entirely sure how well that would work out, would all the pokemon just be leveled up by a certain degree or would they be smarter (i.e. use their moves in the way an actual real life person would)

Therebelbubble

I want your party leading Pokemon to be able to follow you (as in Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver) If not any Pokemon maybe just starters or only a select few. I would love to see how they implement that into 3D.

Grim712

'New Guy'
I am hoping for a change to the Elite Four.

Instead of the usual "type" themed Elite Four, I want a "strategy" theme, Like for instance, a hyper-offense member, a hyper defence member, a status member *shudder* and a boosting/phasing member (I couldn't think of a fourth) with the Champion having a balanced team. I think this would be a nice change and would mean the Elite Four won't be limited to a particular type and could make things more interesting.

I am sure this will never happen, but I can dream.

jrmftw

Green Dragon Trainer
Apart form the difficulty setting that everyone seems to aggree on, i'd like to see a little more variation in Pokemon encounter rates.
I may be the minority here, but I would absolutely love the return of the old G/S/C encounter rates that would be drastically changing from day/morning/night as well as much rarer 1% encounter rates that can be increased by hordes.
Playing XY & ORAS has very felt lack-lustre in that regard as it seems to take no effort to find a certain pokemon.

Apart form the difficulty setting that everyone seems to aggree on, i'd like to see a little more variation in Pokemon encounter rates.
I may be the minority here, but I would absolutely love the return of the old G/S/C encounter rates that would be drastically changing from day/morning/night as well as much rarer 1% encounter rates that can be increased by hordes.
Playing XY & ORAS has very felt lack-lustre in that regard as it seems to take no effort to find a certain pokemon.

Whilst the Day/Night and super rare encounters are good for variation, they're a major pain in the neck if you want to use that Pokemon and it's either hella rare or exclusive to a certain time. Especially because the majority of both the target audience and peripheral audience have school and work, respectively, to juggle with their playing of the game, and nowadays people can do a lot more with their time then they could back when GSC were released.

Therebelbubble

I think it would be cool to see a really strong post game. I think the post game in any game, especially Pokemon titles, are very important and add to the experience. Again I would love to see more post game content (maybe in the form of DLC?)

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I think it would be cool to see a really strong post game. I think the post game in any game, especially Pokemon titles, are very important and add to the experience. Again I would love to see more post game content (maybe in the form of DLC?)

From what we've been told, we can't expect any form of DLC anytime soon. The higher ups have pretty much ruled it out. I would LOVE a strong post game though. I remember going into ORAS with minimal spoilers, preparing my team for the Battle Frontier only to find...the Battle Maison and a model of the Battle Frontier. It was disappointing to say the least, so I'd love some form of Battle Frontier.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
that is why you see alot of pokemon fans crying out for a difficulty option when you first start the game. though to be fair im not entirely sure how well that would work out, would all the pokemon just be leveled up by a certain degree or would they be smarter (i.e. use their moves in the way an actual real life person would)

For a higher difficulty trainers would either have more pokemon on their teams, higher levels, better AI, or all three.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
For a higher difficulty trainers would either have more pokemon on their teams, higher levels, better AI, or all three.

This. Please. So disappointed in every trainer in X/Y having one or two under-evolved pokemon.

That's an exaggeration, but not by much.

knightwolf09

Have difficulty that kids and adults can appreciate. Not too easy, but not too hard. Overall enjoyable.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
Have difficulty that kids and adults can appreciate. Not too easy, but not too hard. Overall enjoyable.

This would be acceptable. BW had some fights that were EXTREMELY frustrating (especially for the Dark team I was running) but XY has almost no challenge to it whatsoever. A middle ground would be ok.

T-Moar

Resident Genwunner
I am hoping for a change to the Elite Four.

Instead of the usual "type" themed Elite Four, I want a "strategy" theme, Like for instance, a hyper-offense member, a hyper defence member, a status member *shudder* and a boosting/phasing member (I couldn't think of a fourth) with the Champion having a balanced team. I think this would be a nice change and would mean the Elite Four won't be limited to a particular type and could make things more interesting.

I am sure this will never happen, but I can dream.

Can you imagine if they did this and put the status one first? Running through the E4 without items would be impossible.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Can you imagine if they did this and put the status one first? Running through the E4 without items would be impossible.

And to make it even more challenging, during the rematches, they'd EV train their Pokémon to each Pokémon's strengths much like a Smogon player would. Players would either have to do likewise, which may be easier in this game, like it was in XY, or come in with over-leveled Pokémon. Even though I'm not a Smogon-level player, I wouldn't mind seeing something like this. These guys are the Elite Four and Champion. Time to show us why they're the elite of the elite.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Either the remaining members of the evil team for post game or a third evil team that is after the third legendary pokemon would be cool. Post game island with rare pokemon not found anyway else along with rare items and legendary pokemon like Zygarde. In-game trades would gives us pokemon to use against all the gym leaders. Interactive pokemon with hidden abilities would be nice. A good number of gift pokemon like Johto starters. New Dragon type pokemon particularly Normal/Dragon, Bug/Dragon and Dragon/Fighting. New Dragon type moves, abilities and gym leader/elite four/champion.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I want a Diver Beetle themed Pokemon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dytiscidae

Why? Because I want to see a water/bug type Pokemon that stays a water/bug type Pokemon!

I want to see a poison type legendary, you can base it off of volcanic smoke, or just in general smog for all care, if the former happens it'll most likely be a poison/fire type.

Also I want a Chimera themed Pokemon, it could be a slow Pokemon that can function well as either a physical attacker or special attacker or better yet mix, it would probably wind up being a dark/poison or dark/fire type or for that matter the poison/fire type mix I mentioned just a second ago.

Finally I also wish to see a Manticore themed Pokemon, it could serve as a brutal physical attacker type I could see it being Dark/Poison without a doubt

AlchemistAzure

This. Please. So disappointed in every trainer in X/Y having one or two under-evolved pokemon.

That's an exaggeration, but not by much.
to be fair, it wasn't their fault. most of us leveled up in the battle chateau, which made everything cakewalk easy.

Oh and before I forget. I'd love for the Global Trade to get a fix again. It is still partially broken. Legendary Pokemon may have gotten the fix (i.e. people no longer being able to make impossible requests), but there are still issues with people making requests that are impossible without Action Replays (i.e asking for a Pokemon at a level that; 1) It doesn't appear anywhere in the wild at, or 2) Evolves after that said level ). And maybe, just maybe, a Global Trade where people don't want Legendary Pokemon for simple stuff that might take someone 30 min to get.

Last edited:

Aetius

I want a Diver Beetle themed Pokemon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dytiscidae

Why? Because I want to see a water/bug type Pokemon that stays a water/bug type Pokemon!

I want to see a poison type legendary, you can base it off of volcanic smoke, or just in general smog for all care, if the former happens it'll most likely be a poison/fire type.

Also I want a Chimera themed Pokemon, it could be a slow Pokemon that can function well as either a physical attacker or special attacker or better yet mix, it would probably wind up being a dark/poison or dark/fire type or for that matter the poison/fire type mix I mentioned just a second ago.

Finally I also wish to see a Manticore themed Pokemon, it could serve as a brutal physical attacker type I could see it being Dark/Poison without a doubt

You just made me realize that we desperately need another Bug/Water Pokèmon.
We've got Surskit already, but it's not enough, considering that it changes typing upon evolution...
The same can be said about Nincada; it would be cool to have a Bug/Ground Pokèmon that keeps its typing till the final evolution! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.