• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Aerodactyl.

Selfishly? Wanna ride Pokémon. Seems like this will be a thing, but we don't know to what extent. I thinks better than Pokémon following me. I'd love it even more if a racing mini game was also added similar to contests.

I hope for contests to come back too, even if they just copy paste it from ORAS. Especially if they had an online feature similar to battle spot where you would face trainers all over the world. I would love some kind of base decoration thing again, totally doesn't have to be secret bases :) Would love more so to buy my own house and choose a town to be honest.

I'm really hoping for a compelling side-goal in SuMo, Contests and Pokéathlon were fun but could benefitted from being a longer/going a bit deeper/being more fleshed out. Pokémon Racing would be awesome, especially if it's done as a Gym-like thing where you beat multiple races over Alola (maybe each on a different Pokémon, with different difficulties?) to gain access to a racing championship.

Gizmoa

Alicorn is an MLP FiM term iirc. It's just a winged unicorn. /shrugs

ANYWAY I REMEMBERED WHAT I REALLY WANT THEM TO FIX AND ITS SO STUPIDLY SIMPLE

Dear Gamefreak, please fix Talonflame's wing so that it doesn't clip through the body. Please. It's so hecking distracting. Thank you.

Lol I thought is if called it a unipeg people would correct me, lol... clearly there is no best term for single horned or flying horse or combo.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Dear Gamefreak, please fix Talonflame's wing so that it doesn't clip through the body. Please. It's so hecking distracting. Thank you.

I am so glad I'm not the only one who's annoyed by this. Ever since I saw it, it's driven me mad. I'm surprised they didn't spot it and fix it TBH, none of the other Pokemon have clipping issues AFAIK.

Anyway, I'd like the ability to switch the PokeBall we keep our Pokemon in. The standard Ball is really plain and I'd much rather be able to have my Pokemon in the Ball I want. Most of the ones I want aren't legal combinations so I can't get them legitimately so being able to switch to what we want would make me very happy. I'd also like to see ALL types of PokeBall available for purchase this time (with the obvious exception of Master Balls and Cherish Balls). The Apricorn Balls being unavailable since HGSS seems like such a waste.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
I am so glad I'm not the only one who's annoyed by this. Ever since I saw it, it's driven me mad. I'm surprised they didn't spot it and fix it TBH, none of the other Pokemon have clipping issues AFAIK.

Anyway, I'd like the ability to switch the PokeBall we keep our Pokemon in. The standard Ball is really plain and I'd much rather be able to have my Pokemon in the Ball I want. Most of the ones I want aren't legal combinations so I can't get them legitimately so being able to switch to what we want would make me very happy. I'd also like to see ALL types of PokeBall available for purchase this time (with the obvious exception of Master Balls and Cherish Balls). The Apricorn Balls being unavailable since HGSS seems like such a waste.

I think Jynx has a problem with its hair but it's definitely not as noticeable as Talonflame's wing.

But yeah, I agree! Kurt's Pokeballs are some of my favorite designs, and while I like catching Pokemon in my gameplay and for my living dex in regular balls, I really really love having shinies in the prettier ones that match. I'd even be .. kinda satisfied if we got the ball capsule gimmick back from Sinnoh.

cmats4020

I'm really hoping GF does something to improve Ice or Psychic-types. Ice just sucks defensively. Same with Psychic-types, but mostly because their weaknesses are so varied, they don't have the ability to counter every one of their weaknesses.

I'm really hoping GF does something to improve Ice or Psychic-types. Ice just sucks defensively. Same with Psychic-types, but mostly because their weaknesses are so varied, they don't have the ability to counter every one of their weaknesses.

I feel that Ice could gain a resistance to Water or Ground, seeing as both are premier offensive types, although they could do both. Though I feel like Ground would be more likely due to being a stronger offensive type than Water and it doesn't have the problem of Scald.

As for Psychic... Maybe a Fairy resistance? But I feel that Grass deserves a Fairy resistance way more, as Fairies have been tied to life and flowers, like Grass-Types, and tend to be tied to plants/nature in many depictions. Also, Grass needs another resistance more than Psychic, at least IMO. Maybe an offensive buff them? I never got why Steel-Types resisted Psychic, I mean I guess it'd be hard to read a metal's mind/bend it physically, etc, but a Psychic could probably still at least pick it up and smack it down. I don't think it'd happen though, seeing as it was partially introduced explicitly to nerf Psychic.

Macabrelicious

Please a difficulty setting if Gamefreak insists on having the game playable by five year olds. They spend all this money on blowout graphics for the main storyline even though it's all meaningless because you blow through the main story without even the charade of any challenge. It's all this fanfare for lack of gameplay.

Even if you play through the game with Spindas and Delcatties, the gym leaders in X/Y were given such embarrassing movesets that can't be exciting to play against in any context

Last edited:

cmats4020

I feel that Ice could gain a resistance to Water or Ground, seeing as both are premier offensive types, although they could do both. Though I feel like Ground would be more likely due to being a stronger offensive type than Water and it doesn't have the problem of Scald.

I've always felt like Ice could resist Ground and maybe even Dragon. Ground and Dragon-types usually learn Rock and Fire-type moves respectively, so it would balance out pretty well. Plus Dragons weren't nerfed that badly with Fairy's implementation.

As for Psychic... Maybe a Fairy resistance? But I feel that Grass deserves a Fairy resistance way more, as Fairies have been tied to life and flowers, like Grass-Types, and tend to be tied to plants/nature in many depictions. Also, Grass needs another resistance more than Psychic, at least IMO. Maybe an offensive buff them? I never got why Steel-Types resisted Psychic, I mean I guess it'd be hard to read a metal's mind/bend it physically, etc, but a Psychic could probably still at least pick it up and smack it down. I don't think it'd happen though, seeing as it was partially introduced explicitly to nerf Psychic.

The problem with Psychic-types in Gen 1 was that they weren't really broken, per se, it's just that every type meant to be strong against them were broken. The only Bug-type Pokémon with the only good Bug-type move was part Poison, so it was weak against Psychics. Ghost-type moves didn't even affect Psychic-types when they were meant to, but even if they did, the only Ghost-type was part Poison, so they were weak to Psychic-types as well. What GF did to Psychics was unjustified in my opinion, when they could have only corrected the Ghost-type problem, made stronger Bug and Ghost-type moves, and made Ghost and Bug-type Pokémon who weren't weak to Psychic-types. But that's all in the past.

In my opinion, Steel should lose its resistance. Considering the majority, if not all, of Psychic-type moves don't really affect the mind but affect Pokémon telekinetically, it doesn't make sense that Steel should resist it from a mind-based standpoint. Even if Psychic-type moves were telepathic in nature, Steel-types do have brains, otherwise, Rock-types should resist Psychic-type moves under the same principle. And maybe throw in an immunity to confusion lol

KalosChampion

I want several Admins in the evil team that are fleshed-out characters with fleshed-out teams that can be battled a few times each during the story, kind of like Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn in Gen IV, and not like all those stupid scientists in VI. And I want the leader to be female. There should be a rich post-game with 2 or 3 new towns and a few new routes, and Elite Four rematches as well as Gym Leader rematches. And a previous character like Blue to show up and battle.

Anthea

Please a difficulty setting if Gamefreak insists on having the game playable by five year olds. They spend all this money on blowout graphics for the main storyline even though it's all meaningless because you blow through the main story without even the charade of any challenge. It's all this fanfare for lack of gameplay.

Even if you play through the game with Spindas and Delcatties, the gym leaders in X/Y were given such embarrassing movesets that can't be exciting to play against in any context

Totally agree
Even older games were more challenging like hgss. Really hate the fact that challenge mode (bw2) is locked behind post game , I mean do they expect me to play the exact same game again with a slight more challenge? Really?

---

I would like to have more shiny options. At least one more shiny for each mon. Maybe have a easy to get item that will switch from one shiny to another. I just feel like some Pokemon look so good in their shiny forms, it would be a shame to not have more options available,

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I like to see a high level trainer that goes up to level 80 in post game. Maybe a shiny pokemon that you get by post game trade, gift or interaction?

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I like to see a high level trainer that goes up to leve 80 in post game.
That's a fine idea, but its not a new one. We had Wally in ORAS max out at levels 79 and 81 for his team members.

<><><>

I'm hoping that whatever battle institute is in the games allows for full battles. It'd be nice to have 6 vs. 6 matches more often against non-human opponents, for testing purposes if nothing else.

Thepowaofhax

That's a fine idea, but its not a new one. We had Wally in ORAS max out at levels 79 and 81 for his team members.

<><><>

I'm hoping that whatever battle institute is in the games allows for full battles. It'd be nice to have 6 vs. 6 matches more often against non-human opponents, for testing purposes if nothing else.

Honestly, I'd prefer it if we had more trainers like Red, who had Pokemon in the high 80s and were at the very end of your journey without requiring you to do the battle institute. In fact, why can't we have multiple trainers like this?

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Totally agree
Even older games were more challenging like hgss. Really hate the fact that challenge mode (bw2) is locked behind post game , I mean do they expect me to play the exact same game again with a slight more challenge? Really?

---

I would like to have more shiny options. At least one more shiny for each mon. Maybe have a easy to get item that will switch from one shiny to another. I just feel like some Pokemon look so good in their shiny forms, it would be a shame to not have more options available,

I really do agree to this. I LOVE pokemon and enjoy it to the fullest and used to think they didn't need this at all,
but lately i've been thinking how with pokemon games i end up feeling like i'm just going through the motions once I'm used to the new mechanics of the game. Instead I want to have to constantly switch up strategy and keep myself on guard. I don't mind going through a few blackouts (since it's more realistic). actually I'll never forget the times I've been stuck on gym leaders for a while. Pretty sure they're the most memorable ones imo, besides Misty and Brock for duh reasons.

Although I love pokemon and will still play it with it's normal playthrough and I don't want to have to grind forever either, so there's that. Either way I'd be happy :D

Gizmoa

I really do agree to this. I LOVE pokemon and enjoy it to the fullest and used to think they didn't need this at all,
but lately i've been thinking how with pokemon games i end up feeling like i'm just going through the motions once I'm used to the new mechanics of the game. Instead I want to have to constantly switch up strategy and keep myself on guard. I don't mind going through a few blackouts (since it's more realistic). actually I'll never forget the times I've been stuck on gym leaders for a while. Pretty sure they're the most memorable ones imo, besides Misty and Brock for duh reasons.

Although I love pokemon and will still play it with it's normal playthrough and I don't want to have to grind forever either, so there's that. Either way I'd be happy :D

I'd really like to see games that hit us up hard core with double, triple or rotation battles. I loved the gamecube games for the double battle format.

I'd really like to see games that hit us up hard core with double, triple or rotation battles. I loved the gamecube games for the double battle format.

I agree. Those formats shouldn't be a problem to incorporate better into the main game, especially since they put no restriction on what Pokemon you have to use(unlike Sky Battles).
I would love to see trainers that stood opposing each other again so that you could pick if you wanted to fight than as one Double Battle or two Single Battles like in Emerald and gem IV. I don't get why they removed that.

Difficulty settings would definitely be a welcome addition, I'd like in-game trainers to have better AI, stronger teams, more pokemon, anything to make it more of a challenge. More Gym Leaders and every Elite Four member should use Mega Evolution, and level 90+ post game pokemon would be fantastic.

As far as customization goes, I just want to be able to put glasses on my characters face rather than on her hat.

roserade the warrior

I would like to see more battle modes online like the sky battle (only pokemons that fly or levitate can enter), underwater battle (only pokemons that can "breath" underwater can enter, so mainly water types plus a few non-water types like stunkfisk) and reversed type battle (I think it was called inverse battle), and something else. For the most I mentioned they can already be set up if you agree with a friend (sky and underwater), but would be nice to have that kind of battle specifically with somebody you have never met; also, the move fly on the sky battle should become a 1-turn move attack, in the underwater battle the move dive would become a 1-turn move attack, also, fire type attack would not work underwater. But for the inverse, it would be awesome to actually have this kind of battles with someone else than the game itself, it would be so unique...

Also a huge yes to the difficulty setting: easy, medium, hard, extreme :D

If we don't have gym leaders (which I still believe by all means we should have);

Huh, just had an interesting thought which I don't think I've seen mentioned. Big spoilered wall of text incoming.

As I've said before, just a little disclaimer, I don't think we've seen anything to give credence to the possibility that there will be no gym leaders, but I'd like to entertain that thought for a moment.

Let's say there are no gyms. Oh, but Hydro, it's a staple of the Pokémon main series! I totally agree, but if we're ever going to see some form of deviance, I have a feeling it's going to be during an anniversary. So, that being said, one of the main reasons we have Hawaii as the central influence for Alola is because of its location being used many times in recent years to host the Pokémon World Championships. And, well, what if this the case too?

Oh, but Hydro, we already had the Pokémon World Tournament in BW2! I hear ya! But, firstly let me ask, why can't this be the same tournament? The World Championships relocate on an almost annual basis most of the time - like most major tournament and convention events - and so it wouldn't be by any stretch of the imagination to suggest that Alola - Hawaii - is where "it all comes together", where challengers, new and old, lasses to Champions, meet in a fun celebration which is very much at the centre of it all (one of the main reasons Hawaii hosts the World Championships is likely due to it being positioned between the mainland of the USA and Japan, where I'd assume more than half of contestants would turn up from). On another note, could the PWT simply not be a similar situation to the Battle institutions in that it seems to be a private entity separate to the official Pokémon League, and this is the actual World Championships?

I mean, we have a floating white artificial island, for one.

oh, but Hydro! What would replace the gyms? For anyone who's ever been interested in the World Championships, you need a certain amount of points - gained from competing in Leagues and events all over the world - and the bigger the event, the more points you get. However, there is a chance for other players to take part too: travel to the Championships and sign up for the preliminary rounds, and those who get through will be allowed into the main competition (which also makes sense considering many Hawaiian folk, I assume, would find it much more difficult than people on the mainland to get around to all of these places to compete). So, what if the player character moved from Kanto to Alola, having to abandon all dreams of being a trainer and travelling, before the World Championships, as he finds out, are revealed to be held in Alola that very year!

Oh, but Hydro! are you seriously still questioning this? What about the Champion and Elite Four? How could they return? well, very simply, if this were to be the case, I don't think they would be, and the Island Leaders would play a similar role. I mean, what sense would it make to compete in the World Championships to them compete against the regional League? Seems like a step back, if you ask me.

Oh, and to add one last thing to this: the winner of the World Championships receives a number of prizes, including travel arrangements to the next World Championships. This could be our way to access Kanto, Kalos, or what-have-you in the post-game!

So, just to summarise my totally hypothetical and wishful points:
• Alola is hosting the OFFICIAL World Championships, just like it's real life counterpart, Hawaii, has done so much in recent years.
• The Island Trials could actually be the equivalent to he preliminary rounds, as opposed to gym battles.
• "Everything comes together" in one heck of an awesome tournament.
• The victor, as in the real life World Championships, will have travel arrangements sorted for the next World Championships, opening up the possibility for a different region in a post-game/sequel, just as in the real life World Championships, where the venue often changes annually.

Status
Not open for further replies.