• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chomper4

I also hope the Gym Leaders are based off of Pittsburgh culture.

I wanna see some unique Dragon-types. Last gen did a pretty good job of that (Dragalge, Tyrantrum) but I want more!

I've had this weird fantasy of a Dragon/Fighting mon for a long time, I think that could lead to a super cool design. I'm not sure how well that would fit in South America as some have speculated that it will be the next location. But I can hope :)

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Hope for a post game with Zygarde and Eternal Floette. More Dragon type pokemon, Dragon gym leader and/or Dragon Champion.

Galvantula1992

Just customization to return.

AND DARK GYM PLEASE.

YES! EXACTLY!

I don't care which gym in the games it is (whether it's the first gym or the last gym or any in between) as long as we get one!

My only wish is for the return and expansion of Trainer Customization, with better options for the male as I could not play as the male in X/Y because of their terrible options. Unfortunately based on this photo of the Pokemon Center layout it seems like it has been removed (no changing room). Other than that, I'm looking forward to the more simple designs promised. Oh, and a post-game similar to OR/AS.

Neilandio

Lol, everyone here is hoping that customization comes back, while I hope that it doesn't. It is just too pointless, all the time Gamefreak would spend developing it they could spend on other more important mechanics.

Phillies

I agree with everyone about player customization and difficulty levels.

My wishlist:
- Change the dexnav so that all areas are like the grass areas and don't move
- Return of the friend safaris with different pokemon. I would like to see the rest of the starters available. Also make it so that the Vivillon you get is based off of where you friend is from so it is easier to collect patterns
- A dragon and poison evolution for Eevee
- Change the battle options at gyms. I want gyms with double battles, triple battles and Rotation battles and any other unique battles they can come up with.
- A werewolf type pokemon that changes form at night and then reverts during the day.

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Hmmm...
I have put little thought into this since the announcement of the new games, but here are some ideas I do have:

Dark type gym (like others have said)
More unique type combinations (especially fairy, ice, poison, among others)
More active characters (gym leaders, Elite Four, other side characters, etc.)
Poison type Legendary (come on...)
Some type of full Battle Frontier or something like one (with several facilities)
More post-game content (from side quests to post-game legendaries to new areas to explore)
An interesting and deep main storyline (I do not know, but something more than the past games)

Now I doubt that most or all of these will be included, but if they were, I would really like the games.

Things that I would be fine with returning, but not sure if they will (or doubt they will)

Trainer Customization (sure, why not)
Soaring (I love this, but I can see this not coming back)
Roller Skates (I rarely use them, but they are sort of fun)
Pokémon Amie expansions (Sure, it has a good chance of returning -looks at Sylveon-, but new things would be nice)
Super Training (I like this, but it is not exceptionally necessary for me)
Hordes (please keep these, at least for the sake of EV training/shiny hunting)

I can probably think of more things, which I may post when I think of them.

Ditto24

For some weaker Dragons to be scattered around the dex, Have some 450BSTs so we could have a Dragon Gym be in amongst the earlier gym leaders of the region.

-Customization to return with the ability to remove hats.
-Harder difficulty option.
-Stronger story.
-Less linear travel.
-Soaring like with Latias/Latios in ORAS
-At least 100 brand new Pokemon.
-Explore previous region, preferably Kalos.
-Dolphin Pokemon

Deadred23

Veteran Trainer
- Fairy Type Elite Four member
- Dark Type Gym

I was really disappointed that G/S/C didn't have a dark type gym.

I would really like it if they made the games more challenging. I know the games are meant for people of all ages to enjoy. Maybe they can add a difficulty setting or you can unlock "Champion" mode when you complete the story or something.

Ichneumon

My hope is they add enough post-game content. One thing I things I loved from previous generations was the Bug Catching Contest from generation 2 and their remakes. It was something different than usual and I think they could very easily make 'catching pokemon' a contest again and do variations on that.

halloweenghost

every gen announced I always asked for a jacko lantern pokemon..well we finally got them in gen 6...so now I don;t know what to ask for... all I ask for now is a good chunk of new ones...Gen six was abit of a let down since mega evolutions kinda took spots as new pokemon.. I like mega evolutions.. but I just want to see a bigger chunk of completely new pokemon.

I'd like to have seasons back.. but thats ok :)

I do hope we get a more... stronger,.. less cutesy story...Gen 5 had a great story.

.Aerodactyl.

I feel like if the removed Customization, that would be a big slap in the face to fans :( I can forgive ORAS as a remake, but that is such a step backwards to remove it. It's not like the protagonists of the game are really meant to have a strong personality or history on their own, they are literally empty shells to be filled. And they KNOW how upset everyone was by ORAS. I understand there are a few that don't care, but at this point I feel there is really nothing to gain by removing it. It's hard to measure how much time/energy would have gone to other things if they didn't focus on Customization. It's not a simple 1+1 formula. They already have the basics of it in Kalos anyway.

If they do link this region to Kalos though, I feel they will be forced to bring back Customization.

KMetalmind

These are the things I would like to return:
* Character customization
* DexNav (specially searching specific Pokemon and being able to catch them with IVs)
* Soaring
* Gym Leaders and Elite Leaders rematches
* Better post-game content, specially on the legendaries and battles part
* Being able to play with two starters

And these are the things I seriously want but I don´t think they will happen:
* A 5th moveslot. It could be just a HM moveslot. That way, you wouldn´t waste a slot on an HM and you wouldn´t change battles too much with the new slot. Say goodbye to HM slaves!
* Difficulty levels from the start. And make hard actually hard, I love grinding but on last games I can´t.
* New Game +. Let me play the story again without losing my captured Pokemon, TMs, etc!!
* More than one region. The thing I LOVED about Gold and Silver was going back to Kanto too, even if that region was a lot more empty. Now that games are on 3D, you could put Kalos or Hoenn on Sun/Moon.
* More than 8 gyms. We have plenty of types and Pokemon. Why not use them?
* All Gym Leaders with 6 Pokemon. I truly hate all those battles with just three-four Pokemon. Come on!
* Extra postgame battles at level 100. That level should exist for a reason, and with online play at level 50 and not many high level battles, it´s just a waste.
* Hard to catch legendaries. Stop being able to catch them with a stupid normal pokeball, I prefer legendary battles to be epic. A nice way to do this could be that legendaries were buffed up a little on stats, but used two slots instead of one on trainer battles. That way they could even be available on online gameplay.
* More than 6 Pokemon slots. There are 720+ Pokemon and we still have to choose 6. I would like increasing this number.
* No routes with just 1-3 pokemon only. There are so many for a reason, and it´s tiring when you get one route with mainly just Zubats, Tentacools, etc. More variety, please!
* Being able to see the IVs from the main menu. Is it really that hard to show a Rank next to each stat? Like S on HP, A on Attack, etc... If any of you have hatched chaos on Sonic Adventure you know what I mean...
* Maybe many wouldn´t like this, but a way to raise Pokemon IVs after already catching/hatching a Pokemon. I think it´s a waste not being able to raise a good IV Pokemon if you don´t hatch him like that on the beginning. I don´t care if it´s a specially hard way like beating a 6 member team against 1 pokemon or something like that, but there should be a way to raise the IVs.
* More previous gen remixes like in ORAS for online gameplay. And being able to use them on Battle postgame content.
* And lastly, as some other user has pointed, let me play gyms with other rules! I love triple battles, but I have to play nearly the entire game with singles...

If all these made into a new Pokemon game, it would be totally awesome. I don´t see most of these happening though...

TheEliteEmpoleon

I have a pretty basic list as of now, but here goes:
-Dark gym- mostly so everyone will shut up about it when Generation VIII rolls around
-Poison legendary- see "Dark gym"
-more legendaries- let's face it: legendaries are cool, and we only got six new ones in Gen VI, after two regions that were full of them
-customization- it was fun to add a bit of yourself to your character
-typings that we haven't had yet- I've always wanted an Ice/Steel, Fire/Grass, Fire/Electric, and a couple other types. Mainly Ice/Steel. It just sounds cool to me
-more new pokemon- I think 100 or so is a fair number to ask for
-expansive post-game

That's it for now. I'm sure I'll come up with more as we get more knowledge of the games.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I'd like;

1. To have an access to Pokémon Amie and Super Training.
2. It to be the region the Backpacker in X/Y and Shauna mentioned.
3. Related to the above, it to be the region to provide all information revealed by the Backpacker; as in the facility that I wouldn't believe and the Champion being something else.
4. To have an improvised Elite Four and more in-depth information regarding the characters. Unlike X/Y, to give more character importance to Champion and Elite Four. (Except Siebold and Malva.)
5. The Villanious Team's Boss to be a female, as it would be the first time to have the gender in the contrary.
6. The expansion in Mega Evolution.
7. Pokémon that have quality over quantity. Preferring X/Y quality with 60-70 instead of B/W quantity with 130-140.
8. Main game(s) to include a side-quest, like Pokémon Contests or Showcases.
9. Trainer Customization.
10. More recognizable and improved sounds compared to Gen VI.
11. Evolutions from pre-generations. A Dragon Eeveeloution, although it is an odd-numbered generation, or alternate evolutions.
12. The ability to travel and fully explore more than one region. Not as in completing a side-quest post-game, but Johto 2.0 to be exact.
13. The region to be in Europe or in western.
14. Pokémon to have different typing combinations. Fire/Ice, Dark/Fairy, or else that we haven't gotten so far.
15. An expansive story that would merge the happenings in X/Y (Zygarde), fill the blank spaces and overally a worthy storyline.

Are what I would expect from the games so far.

Pokemon Sun and Moon
Pokemon/My Little Pony crossover confirmed! :)

Don't worry, I'm joking. :)

Anyway, don't know why I'm putting this, but at this point I have no idea what my hopes for are for these games. I mean, come on, I just saw the trailer minutes ago, I need time to take all this in.

Actually, I'll mention one thing here, I suppose.
New Mega Evos, assuming they are staying for this brand new generation.

Other than that, like I said (but crossed out later) I need time to take more of this amazing news in, though.

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Hmm, let's see:

- A fair amount (around 70-80?) of new Pokemon with enough good ones to build a team.
- A decent story, doesn't have to be amazing but BW1 or ORAS level would be nice. No focus on Mega Evolution (which is getting tired as a plot point by now) and quality over quantity when it comes to rivals, so only one or two of them.
- The return of Trainer Customisation.
- The return of Pokemon Amie or at least some way to interact with our Pokemon.
- Around 20 or so new Megas for a variety of older Pokemon.
- A Contest/Pokeathlon analogue to provide a side distraction for the story.
- Both a post game story and a separate, substantial post game area (a la the Battle Island in Sinnoh).
- Memorable Gym Leaders, E4 and Champion with a bit of challenge to their teams (at the very least give the last Leader 4 Pokemon!)

Hopefully this isn't too unrealistic. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.