• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I hope it is next to kalos, so we can visit kalos.

I also hope it is delayed a few months just so "please understand" can come back

Räven Velish

black lives matter
If we aren't getting trainer customization, we should at least get to choose our skin color. I've played as a white guy way too much in Pokemon

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Here's my wishlist:

• Like others, I also want a huge post-game, and revisiting Kalos would be pretty nice. Kalos is huge. They can do an Episode Z of sorts to tie up some lose ends and just for the heck of giving Zygarde a plot it deserves.
  • Introduce at least a 100-120 new Pokemon (not including Megas).
  • A Dark-type Gym.
  • Properly done Gym Leader rematches.
  • Go Ichinose working on the music.
  • Keep the customization feature and expand it further.

RedJemFlash90

Johto champ
1.Pretty farfetched but when the guy said "it all comes together" I was hoping you could start from any of the existing regions.

2.On the other hand,this is a great re at opportunity to bring back the World Tournament

3.Gym leader rematchez

4. Traditional evolutions for existing pokemon

Ditto24

1.Pretty farfetched but when the guy said "it all comes together" I was hoping you could start from any of the existing regions.

I could easily be wrong but I thought it was referring to the staple mechanics of the series eg 'collect', 'battle' and 'connect'. So all of these parts of the series will be back in S&M

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Customization to return. It helped each play through feel different and each player unique.

New type combos. Dragon/Fairy please

A Dark Gym

And Mega Flygon

RedJemFlash90

Johto champ
I could easily be wrong but I thought it was referring to the staple mechanics of the series eg 'collect', 'battle' and 'connect'. So all of these parts of the series will be back in S&M

Ah that would make sense. Thatd be really cool too

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Oh yeah forgot one:

- A revamped GTS system. Make it impossible to request an event legendary in exchange for your ordinary Patrat offer.

rocky505

-Dark Gym Leader
-E4 to return to how they were in Gens 1-4+ORAS.
-Character Development for Gym Leaders
-No less than 100 new Pokemon
-Even though I doubt this will happen. Return the EXP Share back to how it was in Gens 2-5
-Nerf Parental Bond
-Gym Leader Rematches
-More unique type combinations, like Electric/Fighting
-A Poison Legendary
-Move Tutors/TMs for Moves that were once Move Tutors/TMs/HMs in Gen 3/4 that didn't make it to 5/6
-An actual challenging Champion. Diantha was a joke.

DanteKoriyu

I'm mostly involved with Pokemon for the story/lore and the actual collection of the creatures, so my list of wants to be happy is relatively simple.

-Have an enjoyable main story.
-The ORAS Delta Episode was fun, so I would enjoy something like that in every game from now on.
-This will never happen, but I would really like it if we could go back to getting items for Mythical Pokemon and capture them ourselves.
-More overworld interaction battles, like Sudowoodo, Snorlax, Kecleon, etc.
-At least 100 NEW Pokemon added (preference, but it'll be fine so long as it's not less than XY's 72).
-At least 9 of those NEW Pokemon should be legendary (basically XY's new legend spread, plus a trio)
-At least 20 Megas for each new installment (ie. XY then ORAS).
-Allow Vivillon patterns to be passed down by breeding. I collect every Pokemon (different gender, form, etc) in a regional dex with my OT. It's annoying to find people with the right pattern to obtain eggs from.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Mega Altaria says hi!

Megas don't count. I mean permanent

Oh yeah forgot one:

- A revamped GTS system. Make it impossible to request an event legendary in exchange for your ordinary Patrat offer.

Oh yeah, this too. Or an option to filter those out from search results

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
All I really want is an Underwater city and a city in the sky(You have to soar to get there) so presumably I want the Soaring feature to return as well. Oh and please stop catering to inept children Gamefreak, a challenging game would be much appreciated. Life is not always going to be easy and handed to you and I feel like video games should reflect that. Not to mention isn't it that much more satisfying when you finally overcome a challenge?

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
-Kalos Post League, with a Zygarde Plot.
-The new region to have connections to older plot threads.
-A more open world design. The cars might be a sign of that.
-Revamped HM system. Again, the cars might play a role in that. You might have to use a firetruck to put out fires blocking your way, a boat that replaces surf andnso on.

Okay, here goes:

• A strong plot that we as players feel invested in. That's why Gen V was so enjoyable.
• Updated and expanded customisation features.
• Links to past and future (?) games.
• Great new music which will define the next generation of Pokémon fans.
• A dark-type gym leader (at long last)
• 80 to 120 new Pokémon.
• A stronger post game than was ever evident in Gen VI. A return to a previous region would be great (especially Kalos, to wrap up the whole Zygarde thing).
• Dragon-type Eeveelution (Draceon anyone?).

What I think would be cool but have doubts about:
• A PokéWalker type pedometer for smartphones.
• Changing the EV/IV system, which would undoubtedly at the very least double the number of competitive battlers.

goodpeople25

Okay i don't really like these types of threads all that much, i find it tends to influence opinions when the games come out and causing a focus on what isn't there instead of what is there. But i understand why these threads exist so might as well. And so far this is not as bad as I feared. Might be addressing previous lists a bit.

-the return of customization. I would prefer as many options as possible both in clothes and appearance, including age/size, would love a 17ish (don't think they would go much higher but i wouldn't mind if it did) option (with facial hair!) but i really don't expect that much. And not having it wouldn't be that much of a strike to me.
- dark gym would be great but i don't think it is completely necessary, and i feel dark gym should/will be at least gym leader 6 (going from previous region lineups, and higher slots giving more options to showcase the type) so i understand how that makes it a bit harder to fit in.
- a secondary type theme for the later gyms (including the gym trainers) and elite four i think would be great. Or at least more taking advantage of type expectations with dual type Pokemon/move choices. Though i would prefer different types. Not really volkner/flint levels though just 1 of a different type and maybe a dual type of both if possible for the leader. Though since it is somewhat breaking the theme and pretty difficult to do with the current trend of max 3 Pokemon i doubt this.
- not having 3 pokemon be the maximum for gym leaders.
- making more use of gym trainers would be nice, make a couple better than the others (maybe work it into the puzzle) or even 1 or 2 not even using the main type (maybe the secondary type i brought up or a type strong agasint the main type or the main types weaknesses)
- more trainers with items, and more than the standard oren/sitrus berry for leaders. Like giving items to the harder gymtrainers i mentioned, ect. And some flavour in item choices for the leaders.
-heck more flavour in general i would love, maybe have a gym with alot of crit moves and a scope lens on the leaders main. Batonpass and a bunch of switch items and stuff to exploit that. Priority move focus (and quick claw/prankster maybe) , more status focused ones. And so on. Hopefully matching personalities or occupations, which hopefully will also continue.
- a hard mode option would be great. though i find difficulty in this game is pretty difficult to judge overall, so raising the regular difficulty or even getting the higher difficulty level to actually be difficult for everybody to be a pretty heavy prospect but higher levels and adding pokemon/moveset changes would be fine. And honestly i think the recent difficulty isn't that bad though a small increase i would be fine with.
- a large post game would be a huge plus, either through post game only locations or a delta like episode, though both is preferable. Revisiting a region i'm neutral on though. More than one battle facility would be awesome, as would leader rematches. and maybe another world tournament.
- story wise while i would be fine with a more mature story, i think recent regions have had quite a few dark(maybe even deep) story elements. And i honestly don't think the overall tone should really change that much in a main series game. So i would say add more darker/deep (complex?) elements and maybe grey the tone a bit but not really that much. I don't really want the main challenge gyms/elite 4 champion thing to go anywhere and i feel that should remain at close to the same tone. (honestly i feel accusations of black and white morality are thrown around too much. Both here and elsewhere. Nothing wrong with good heroes and evil villains)
-For the villain team i think having the leader be female would be great. And alot of any dark/complex elements should definitely come from here. A wide variety of types and pokemon is always great for a villian team so i hope this one has that, double for the higher ups who hopefully have more than 2 Pokemon each. Again a fighting theme or at least items would be great for the admins/scientists/uniquely-modelled,recurring,higher-ranked people. Don't really mind if they're super evil though as long as it isn't TOO over the top though. Pretty neutral if it should be a different team per version, i'm fine either way.
-Though on villians i would like it if they had a secondary villian team if there isn't version teams. Not really being a big threat though, either a pettier smaller time one (thieves, breaking in places, being a jerk, ect. vs destroying/taking over a region/world) and/or being the remnants of a previous large group that got pushed out by the current team. (Maybe being the other group if they have version teams) I feel like it would give more story opportunities outside of gyms without having to drag the main villians in every time and might prevent too much over the topness. (maybe have the main guys control these guys secretly, maybe even to most of the group themselves.) might also allow the main villans to have higher levels overall if these guys take the early encounters which i think is good.
-new pokemon wise, i'm not that sure, not too many new ones, i think with the amount we have so far they shouldn't add that many per gen, maybe a bit more than X and Y but not too many,
-mega evolutions, as long as they aren't all popularity based and we get a good number i think i'll be good with whatever we get.
-setting wise i don't know really depends on what the inspiration is and i don't know yet, i think i would prefer a couple be more out there (fortree,stoopolis,ect.) ones instead of plain-old cities though.
-rivals i don't really care that strongly about, not even sure how many i prefer. though i guess i would prefer the main rival be stronger than previously and of course use items, but i think having a theme works better with more than one rival. Not that sure about personalities either. And as said i find difficulty is difficult to judge maybe more so with rivals as their team is mostly the same across multiple fights (and i would prefer they fight you frequently which just makes that problem larger) and they have a starter which changes type.
- a good amount of day and night stuff, yes please.
- definitely would prefer significant NPCs (gym leaders, elite 4,professors, rivals) are active in the plot, and maybe a couple unaffilated NPCs as well.
- maybe having a mandated loss ala final fantasy,ect (no money loss of course) earlier on would be good to have to make the Villian/Champion more threatening, i guess make it possible but extremely unlikely to win unless you use a cheap strategy, (have them have close to the same levels as the actual next fight i guess ) maybe have them give something nice if you win.
- i don't know just spitballing now, not really sure about moves/items, we get what we get not sure i want anything exactly.
Anyway don't really care that much if amything on this list is in the game, may add more later. Though i enjoyed this more than i thought.

J.J. Knight

1. Return of Trainer Customization. I know they said that they wanted it to be a Kalos thing, but come on; it's way to popular to make it exclusive. Everyone wants it. Every. One. E.V.E.R.Y.O.N.E. Bring it back!

2. More Mega Evolutions. Specifically, I would like to get the Kalos Starter Megas because if we're not returning to Kalos for a while, I'd like them to get their Megas sooner than later.

3. 90-110 New Pokemon. 80+ new Pokemon felt far to thin, despite the Mega Evolutions.

4. More diverse/unique Type Combinations. Typings like Fire/Poison, Dark/Fairy, and Ice/Bug would be interesting to see.

5. A large PokeDex. Breaking up Kalos into little regions like Coastal and Central was perfect. I would love to see another 450 natural in-game Pokemon with 100ish of them being new, and the rest being a mixture of Kalos, Unova, and Johto Pokemon.

6. Return of Hard Mode (and Easy Mode I guess). Nuff said.

7. Instead of Poke Balls for item locations, I would like to see chests or crates designed like a Poke Ball for items. Like, a Poke Ball Chest would have common items like Potions, Poke Balls, Antidote, etc. Great Ball chests would have Great Balls, Super Potions, etc, and Ultra Ball Chests would have some better items like TMs. A Master Ball Chest could have some really good items like Leftovers and etc.

8. More Dual Typing Moves. Moves like Flying Press is awesome. Scald could be an amazing Water/Fire type move, and more of these would be pretty cool.

9. A really good evil team.

10. Increase moves. I would like to see more moves to choose from. 6-8 moves to use would be nice and make some Pokemon more usable.

11. Improve movepool for certain Pokemon. There are Pokemon that has a crappy movepool, and Pokemon is known for improving Pokemon's movepools (like giving Flareon Flare Blitz).

12. More Pokemon moves. We can always use more moves to diversify the movepool, like new Fairy-Type attacks.

13. Badass rival(s).

14. A more mature storyline.

15. Diversify the Gyms. Shed the single typing for Gyms and make them themed.

M.P.

Retired
My wishlist for the game:

1. Dark-type gym (I don't get why they haven't done it yet)
2. More Megas (Mega for Arbok, Seviper, Torterra, Crobat, Gliscor and Krookodile specifically)
3. More new Pokemon than in last gen
4. Less HMs
5. Cut (if it continues as a HM) made better, ex. by changing the type to Grass and increasing the power
6. Better rival and villanous team
7. Regional bird's final form being some other type than Normal/Flying
8. Pikachu-clone of this gen being either able to evolve ot not existing at all
9. Customization
10. Walking Pokemon
11. Rematches against Gym Leader and Elite Four (with improved teams)
12. Two save files
13. Better postgame. Delta Episode was great, I'd like to have something similar
14. Better plot
15. Poison-type legendary
16. Better GTS system (prevent impossible requests like "level 1-10 Charizard". Event legendaries could be banned as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.