• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

I just thought of something.

What we are able to see BOTH of the player`s parents instead of one? That`s something I never got. Why just show the mom instead of both the mother and father

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I mostly just want a higher number of new pokemon than we had in gen 6. Hopefully around 100 or more this time around. Customization returning would be nice as well. :D

Stygian

I don't think we'll ever see as much new pokemon introduced in a gen as we did in gens 2-5 mainly because it seems like GF wants to slow down on that front, as we approach the 1000 mark.

However, the low amount of new pokemon in gen 6 can also be attributed to them having to make models for every pokemon from other generations, as well as mega's.

I hope we at least get around 70-90.

Also, does anyone else ever see cross-gen evo's returning? Or have mega's made those obselete?

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Also, does anyone else ever see cross-gen evo's returning? Or have mega's made those obselete?

I sure hope that we get more cross-generation evolutions personally. I enjoyed the connections they made between different generations, and I liked how they made older Pokémon permanently more powerful, unlike the temporary power increase from Mega-Evolutions.
I do not think Mega-Evolutions made them obsolete, at least I hope not. Sure, I like Mega-Evolutions, but with only one per team, you are limited in choice, where you can have a full team of cross-generation evolutions if you would like to do so.

Bananarama

The light is coming

I don't see cross-generation evolutions as obsolete. Generation 6 introduced both Sylveon and mega evolutions, so I don't think we'll ever really stop getting newer evolutions for older Pokémon.

At least, I hope we don't.

I don't think we'll ever see as much new pokemon introduced in a gen as we did in gens 2-5 mainly because it seems like GF wants to slow down on that front, as we approach the 1000 mark.

However, the low amount of new pokemon in gen 6 can also be attributed to them having to make models for every pokemon from other generations, as well as mega's.

I hope we at least get around 70-90.

I personally hope the first part dosen't turn out to be true, since I like having new Pokemon themselves to look forward to, and since that's whta I like the most about the franchise.

I don't think Megas made cross-gen evos obsolete. To me, there just a unique and brand new evolution method.

citron0

I don't see cross-generation evolutions as obsolete. Generation 6 introduced both Sylveon and mega evolutions, so I don't think we'll ever really stop getting newer evolutions for older Pokémon.

At least, I hope we don't.

EEvee is a special case though. GF eventually wants it to have one of each type to evolve to most likely. So it's not surprising for it to get Sylveon (also it was their way of marketing the fairy type).

As for what I'd like to see, I want to see them not implement RNG into post game. Mirage Islands was a huge annoyance to me, especially when my competitive team is obsolete because one of my pokemon was missing a crucial TM that only appears on random island pop-ups. I got the TM eventually but like took weeks to get.

GalaxianEX

Is it odd that I want another Safari Zone with either a step limit or the Rock/Bait mechanic? Other wise, the zone loses all of its challenge. They can balance out the difficulty by having some really rare Pokemon in it in exchange like back in Gen 1.

Grei

not the color
It would be kind of cool if the villain team had no grunts. I think they'd actually be scarier if they were a team of named individuals who were all important, like-minded, and dangerous. We don't need a drawn-out teleporter maze base where you fight an endless sea of no-name criminals. We've done that every time so far.

MerCurry

Functioning Idiot
Well, since this a catch all thread...

-Longevity, both game and postgame.
-The new Region being a series of scattered islands that we explore
>Exploration as a new/pushed for element?
>Multicultural Region! Make it a tourist trap and instill the past regions into attractions (Unova-Town, anyone?). This idea was inspired by the South Kalos-ese town (blanking on name), and I think it'll be a nice compromise if they can't compress locations.
-Kalos return pls?
-That said, South Pacific for new Region pls.
-A connection to not only Kalos, but past Regions of old.
-POKE TRANSLATOR PLEASE.
-More attractions and character to Routes
-Camping? Please? I would love this.
-Transportation for backtracking, or just cruising in general
-Full on customization. Not such a advocate for this (duetomyedgyreasons), but since GF is aiming for Pokemon to be as welcoming and international as possible, why not add more facial and body extensions as well as skin tone?
-Using the Motel as a Secret Base-ese feature? A home away from home!
-A tweak for the Meta-Game. I'm not Competitive Battler, but let's make the endless game fair and lively!

Overall, vague and lofty wants, but that's what hoping is for, eh? :p

DEMONCAMERUPT

;ord of pokebattles
What I'd like for gen 7 is:

1: continuation of player customization.

2: Dark type gym already.

3: new type combos such as electric/fight, psychic/electric and poison/fire.

4: return of battle frontier.

5: AT LEAST 100 new Pokémon.

GalaxianEX

KEEP THE DEXNAV!!!

Yes, I felt the need to use all caps for that.

GalaxianEX

Ehh the Dexnav could be improved a bunch, especially in caves or the ocean.

As long as they don't take it out I'm ok. An improvement would be nice, but I would be fine if it stays as it is.

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
Speaking of what you effectively outlined being the Pokémon World Tournament, the backpacker also said that his region has a great battle facility (probably something we've NEVER seen before). Hmm...

Hopefully, it'll be something similar the Pokemon World Tournament, except the greatest part being able to choose your opponent, compete in pair battles, and also having a chance to level up your pokemon with every battle. Perhaps this is something to look forward for. We wouldn't know what surprises they have in stores.

Last edited:

Rhys

After some thought, I've a few more to add.

How about dual type dark/fairy double battle gym with a thematic emphasis on balance.

The gym can be all about the dualism of yin/yang, light/dark, sun/moon etc.

I hope you're taking notes, Gamefreak.
-This idea I had is really starting to grow on me.
-The option to make all trainer battles (and maybe even wild battles) use double/triple/rotation battle rules instead of single battle.
-I want to see Eevee and Flygon get mega evolutions. Other than that, I hope they keep megas to a minimum.
-I want them to add at least 100 more pokemon. I don't mind if many of them are phoned in trash, the good ones will simply look better by comparison.
-Fewer two pokemon evolutionary lines. This was a big problem I had with XY. The Noibat, Helioptile, Bergmite and Pancham lines felt like they were missing an evolution somewhere.
-Expand some evolutionary lines. I'd like to see Tropius to get an evolution/pre-evolution.
-Give us another legendary trio.
-If they run out of time, delay the release date instead of rushing it out like XY obviously was.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Here is what I like to see:
- No Soaring or Dexnav
- Zygarde's forms and Eternal Floette in the game
- Decent storyline
- Decent post game
- Gym leader rematches with mega evolutions
- Elite Four and Champion rematches with mega evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.