• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rampharos

No, my idea was that the old HMs would lose their overworld abilities, BUT I agree with you in that this idea wouldn't solve the team limitation problems, so I guess each Pokémon would have more than one overworld ability according to its biology and all. For example, Emboar would be able to Burn, Tackle and Crush. Though that would be harder to implement...

I honestly think most of the problems would sorted by turning HMs into TMs. It's already been done before with rock smash and flash, keeping their field effects but being replaceable moves.
Maybe just make every move with a field effect be called a HM, but have it function the same way as a TM rather than having to go to a move deleter.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
if we get hg ss things i want the pokeathlon and pokemon walking

I dunno, I can't imagine us getting any Hg/Ss features in Sun and Moon since I doubt there's a connection between the regions and games themselves. ^^;

Rampharos

Also, speaking of field moves, it'd be cool to see an in-battle move work the same way softboiled and milk drink do on the field. A pokemon just straight up cuts its HP to heal something in your party. I suppose it would have to be a switching move like baton pass, u-turn, volt switch and parting shot, though.
So I guess like a reduced-sacrifice, reduced-reward Healing Wish.
Could see it getting some late-battle use from Pokemon like Blissey, Wailord, Snorlax. Would be interesting for Wobbufett to get it.
Make it a normal or fairy-type move. A name like Remedy Rush. 20PP like the other switching moves.

Would be an interesting way to make a different use of your "wall" pokemon late in the game when they're no longer useful for setting-up or stalling. When it's crippled by a status move or anything of the sort. Cut its HP, restore a frailer pokemon's health so it can do work again, keep the user of the move as a free switch perhaps.

Fire13

Eevee
I want to see pokemon follow you like in SS and HG except thay should make it optional so the people that like it can have it and the people who dont like it dont have to have it

RazTehWaz

I dont know if anyone has suggested this before but its something I was thinking about this morning. I would love to see a built in challenge mode system for custom rules on replays of the game. Basically a huge list of customisation settings that would let you play through the game with things like "Can only use X type pokemon" or "faint=release" hardcoded into your run as limitations so you can't cheat. I'd split things into two sections, legit and cheater rules, and activating cheater rules would block you from being able to use pokemon bank/trading for that run and you can only battle online with others on cheater runs.

Adding the above means you can add options like breedable legendarys, muck around with move pools and maybe even add a randomiser (and be able to exclude types/species and make others more common) without worrying about destroying the trading market.

With a system like this you could create your own nuzlocke or even create new challenges for people to try out. There should be a marketplace/download thingie where you can download other peoples rulesets and vote on the most fun/creative run types - maybe even have speedrun leaderboards. There could even be official competitions where you get an event item/pokemon for completing an official rulepack run.

The most important thing needed for this system though is multiple saves - how awesome would it be if you could switch from your main game to your nuzlocke to another random run without having to delete your save each time. 3 save slots should give plenty of choice but more is always better (though I don't know how much limitation the carts have). Trading between save slots would be nice too, though non-cheater runs can do that through Bank, it would still be nice to be able to swap between cheater runs (non-cheater to cheater trading should still be stopped though).

The best part is more rules can be added at a later date via DLC and every run is going to feel like a different game if enough options are included - it has the potential to give the biggest postgame of any pokemon game to date.

Trainer Grey

Epic Trainer
I dont know if anyone has suggested this before but its something I was thinking about this morning. I would love to see a built in challenge mode system for custom rules on replays of the game. Basically a huge list of customisation settings that would let you play through the game with things like "Can only use X type pokemon" or "faint=release" hardcoded into your run as limitations so you can't cheat. I'd split things into two sections, legit and cheater rules, and activating cheater rules would block you from being able to use pokemon bank/trading for that run and you can only battle online with others on cheater runs.

Adding the above means you can add options like breedable legendarys, muck around with move pools and maybe even add a randomiser (and be able to exclude types/species and make others more common) without worrying about destroying the trading market.

With a system like this you could create your own nuzlocke or even create new challenges for people to try out. There should be a marketplace/download thingie where you can download other peoples rulesets and vote on the most fun/creative run types - maybe even have speedrun leaderboards. There could even be official competitions where you get an event item/pokemon for completing an official rulepack run.

The most important thing needed for this system though is multiple saves - how awesome would it be if you could switch from your main game to your nuzlocke to another random run without having to delete your save each time. 3 save slots should give plenty of choice but more is always better (though I don't know how much limitation the carts have). Trading between save slots would be nice too, though non-cheater runs can do that through Bank, it would still be nice to be able to swap between cheater runs (non-cheater to cheater trading should still be stopped though).

The best part is more rules can be added at a later date via DLC and every run is going to feel like a different game if enough options are included - it has the potential to give the biggest postgame of any pokemon game to date.

I'm here to respect everyone's wishes, ofcourse. But why would you want this? This is suggesting the developers to implement strong and loads of network security features (for battles, trades) just to have you break their game? I'm very sorry but I don't see why this would bring any fun in the game at all. First of all, you want options to cheat (legend breeds, movepool abuse)? I'm not even going to explain the 'nope' here.

Second, and more discussion worthy, this rule/cheat mode you suggest would result in a player only being able to communicate with another player when he/she is playing by the same rule/cheatset. In other words, the more rules and cheats the more possible combinations for sets, thus the LESS chance of compatibilty with other players. Another nope in my opinion.

Seriously bro, you're asking to make the game like the emulator ROM's just so you can breed legendary's and mess around with the game? Why not just download an emulator and the ROM and go mess with the game?

And last time I checked, Pokèmon doesn't apply DLC, so I think you can forget about that too. And if they would, I'd rather have them give us items, pokes, moves and regions or sidequests as DLC. Not some extra options to add to my hacked/cheat run which I can't use for tourny's, trades or anything.

Sorry man, like I said I respect everyone's wishes. But this is actually a bad idea, completely. Or I am missing something here.

I am already sick of all the hacked, shiny, 6V pokemon people use online. Suggesting that you want options like that within the game tells me you don't like this game. Go play something you actually want to do. Don't suggest to rediculously and wildly change mechanics/options just because you're too lazy to breed something good.

Last edited:

RazTehWaz

I'm here to respect everyone's wishes, of course. But why would you want this? This is suggesting the developers to implement strong and loads of network security features (for battles, trades) just to have you break their game? I'm very sorry but I don't see why this would bring any fun in the game at all. First of all, you want options to cheat (legend breeds, movepool abuse)? I'm not even going to explain the 'nope' here.

Second, and more discussion worthy, this rule/cheat mode you suggest would result in a player only being able to communicate with another player when he/she is playing by the same rule/cheatset. In other words, the more rules and cheats the more possible combinations for sets, thus the LESS chance of compatibility with other players. Another nope in my opinion.

Seriously bro, you're asking to make the game like the emulator ROM's just so you can breed legendary's and mess around with the game? Why not just download an emulator and the ROM and go mess with the game?

And last time I checked, Pokèmon doesn't apply DLC, so I think you can forget about that too. And if they would, I'd rather have them give us items, pokes, moves and regions or sidequests as DLC. Not some extra options to add to my hacked/cheat run which I can't use for tourny's, trades or anything.

Sorry man, like I said I respect everyone's wishes. But this is actually a bad idea, completely. Or I am missing something here.

I am already sick of all the hacked, shiny, 6V pokemon people use online. Suggesting that you want options like that within the game tells me you don't like this game. Go play something you actually want to do. Don't suggest to rediculously and wildly change mechanics/options just because you're too lazy to breed something good.

I actually meant that any legit run could communicate with any other legit run and any cheater type run could communicate with any other cheater run, not segregated right down into every single set of custom rules. And it's got nothing to do with me "being too lazy to breed something good", I am capable of suggesting a feature I personally wouldn't use you know (Currently half way through building a non-hacked competitive living dex).

I'd use the rulepack myself in order to run nuzlocke style challenges, it can get tricky later in the game once you start back tracking to remember exactly where and when you have caught/encountered something in an area, or working out exactly where "area" borders are. Other runs such as only use X type can be ruined because of a lack of pokemon who can use the right HM moves, changing move pools around a bit can let you get around that and still use all 6 of a single type.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
or working out exactly where "area" borders are.

The games literally tell you when you enter a new area. They've done this since R/B/Y.

shetlandlover

I really hope they make this a much longer game and that you can go back to other regions. I'd really really like the option to be able to have more than 1 saved game too.

Class Zero

We have arrived.

See you started off well saying you respect wishes and then ended on calling him lazy :/

I personally think a nuzlocke mode within the game would be pretty swell, or even a randomiser mode (except this would have to disable some online features of course).

.Aerodactyl.

See you started off well saying you respect wishes and then ended on calling him lazy :/

I personally think a nuzlocke mode within the game would be pretty swell, or even a randomiser mode (except this would have to disable some online features of course).

I'd love a nuzlocke mode or randomiser mode! Definitely think they'd have to disable online capabilities for that, but that wouldn't bother me. I know why they'd have to do it.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi

Hate to be that guy, but they have before. Paid DLC in Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity.

Trainer Grey

Epic Trainer

That's right, I do respect his wishes, I still think wanting options to cheat is showing laziness though. But that doesn't make me respect him any less.

Hate to be that guy, but they have before. Paid DLC in Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity.

Could be, but I mean in the general Pokemon games they have not. Even though I believe with OrAs they defnitely should have, but that's a different story.

Master_Tyrell

I'm not a fan of the idea. There's no need to implement a nuzlocke mode when people can do it by themselves without the need of the mode. It would be wasting time on something that could've been used on making the main game mode better. I think they should leave that to the player to apply set limitations and rules by themselves, the same with the randomizer.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
I'm not a fan of the idea. There's no need to implement a nuzlocke mode when people can do it by themselves without the need of the mode. It would be wasting time on something that could've been used on making the main game mode better. I think they should leave that to the player to apply set limitations and rules by themselves, the same with the randomizer.

And Super Training helps you raise EVs despite there already being ways to do so.

Yes you can do nuzlockes yourself, but sometimes it's difficult to stick to the rules (whether that be you forget or you cheekily cheat a wee bit), so an option that forces you to stick to the nuzlocke might help those that want to do one.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind if it was or wasn't implemented either way, it's just that I think it would be a good idea for those that are into doing nuzlockes.

Randomisers, though, that'd be a fun mode to have after you've completed the game a few times and it gets stale.

Case Azula

Hades's Assassin
Hi all,

I wanted to know what you want to see in the new games, Pokemon Sun & Moon? I heard this rumor somewhere that the region is going to be based on Spain, which would be nice because then we could also be able to travel back to Kalos! Since France and Spain are neighboring countries!

I would love to be able to costumize my character again! I loved that from X and Y and was really disappointed that we couldn't do it in ORAS..
yeah! Something i wanna definitely see is Pokemon customization! I'd love to dress up my Pokemon with outfits that might even boost their stats...or just look cute!

Master_Tyrell

And Super Training helps you raise EVs despite there already being ways to do so.

Yes you can do nuzlockes yourself, but sometimes it's difficult to stick to the rules (whether that be you forget or you cheekily cheat a wee bit), so an option that forces you to stick to the nuzlocke might help those that want to do one.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind if it was or wasn't implemented either way, it's just that I think it would be a good idea for those that are into doing nuzlockes.

Randomisers, though, that'd be a fun mode to have after you've completed the game a few times and it gets stale.

The thing is, EV training is a mechanic of the game and, also, rather important in the competitive scene of Pokémon. Adding that feature to help people keep better track of them is not the same as adding a nuzlocke mode, which was created by the fanbase.

As far as I'm aware, Pokémon (and Nintendo's?) standpoint on DLC is very clear. Minor DLC has been evident in the past, but this was for spin-off games.

The main reason Pokémon (and Nintendo?) want to stay away from DLC is to avoid upsetting fans, like many other game development and game console companies have (no doubt thanks to games such as Destiny, which is a hardcore DLC heavy game). They want each fan to have a complete experience when they play through the game, regardless of their location, because they know that not everyone has access to WiFi or the disposable income which would allow them to complete the game in the event it was DLC (as in, every point of yours which I highlighted).

As for multiple save files, there's no reason to think it would happen - and no reason for them to start that now.

I also don't mind the idea of randomiser and nuzlocke settings, but in my (probably unwanted) opinion, codes could probably be set up which allow people to play through the games this way anyway, by third party software engineers (hackers). I certainly don't see Pokémon jumping on this bandwagon anytime soon.

Case Azula

Hades's Assassin

I honestly love this idea! I see all the potential for this mode and being able to walk in tall grass and suddenly run into a legendary you'd typically meet before the game ends or postgame is awesome!

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
My next wish for Sun and Moon is that the mascot legendaries are no longer shiny locked

I found that really annoying in X, Y, OR and AS, since I started to have so much fun when I was soft resetting for shiny legendaries in ORAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.