• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Yeah, no more shiny locks please. No DLC for any main series pokemon games. Elite Four having six pokemon and not four.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
here's what I am hoping for the gym leaders and elite four in terms of how many Pokémon they use:
Gym 1 and 2: 3 Pokémon each

3 and 4: 4 Pokémon each

5 and 6: 5 Pokémon each

7 and 8: 6 Pokémon each

elite four 5 Pokémon each and the champ of course 6 Pokémon

as for types I really don't care for the most part except for number 6 and to a lesser extent 7 and 8:
gym 6: steel battle style consisting of using a forretress (if its in the dex) to set up traps the next two Pokémon being used defensively as a means to wear down the opponent and the last two being used for offense (sorry if it sounds like I put in a bit of anime "logic" in it)
gym 7 & 8 can be battled in either order however the gym leader you battle last team will compensate by being higher leveled and mix type

Last edited:
I just hope we lack an Electric Gym, but it looks like we're having a Water one. Hurray for overused types :v

flashtone

Something else I'm wishing for Sun and Moon is for leftovers to actually be purchased using BP at the battle facility/s like we could in Emerald.

I hope they fix Static so it can't affect Ground-Types anymore.

Ultimategodzilla

Dragon Trainer
I have a few things I hope they add:

1. More mega evolutions. Some obvious ones being mega flygon, and milotic, and froslass (pretty much garenteed with glalie already having one)

2. A 2nd region, Kalos being the most likely.

3. A dragon type Eeveelution, and to go along with it, give it an ability that counters its fairy type weakness.

4. A lot More Pokemon, to offset the fact that Kalos was the smallest in terms of Pokemon.

5. More post-game stuff, and I'm not just talking legendaries or anything like that. Give us back the ability to rematch our rivals, gym leaders, and other important characters. Also bring back some familiar faces like zinnia, professor oak, looker and some other characters from past games.

6. 2 evil teams. This has only been done once: for ruby and sapphire. This gave you an actual reason to care about which version you got, other than the title legendaries. One team I feel needs to come back is team galactic, which brings me to my next point...

7. References to sinnoh. Pokemon diamond was my very first Pokemon game, so I pretty much grew up with Gen 4. If these games got remakes, I'd die happy. Imagine all the cool stuff they could add

And finally:

8. The battle frontier. Prehaps the most sorely missed feature from past games. If they were to bring back this feature, it'd make the post game a lot more enjoyable.

Trainer Grey

Epic Trainer
As far as I'm aware, Pokémon (and Nintendo's?) standpoint on DLC is very clear. Minor DLC has been evident in the past, but this was for spin-off games.

The main reason Pokémon (and Nintendo?) want to stay away from DLC is to avoid upsetting fans, like many other game development and game console companies have (no doubt thanks to games such as Destiny, which is a hardcore DLC heavy game). They want each fan to have a complete experience when they play through the game, regardless of their location, because they know that not everyone has access to WiFi or the disposable income which would allow them to complete the game in the event it was DLC (as in, every point of yours which I highlighted).

Yeah you're right about that. And I definitely find Nintendo's view on added DLC definitely valid. But I have to admit, I would have definitely loved having the new added Mega-forms in OR/AS being a DLC/Patch/Update for XY; that way backwards compatibility was more secured, also I could keep my Y game as my main (because character creation :p) and still use all the pokemon whilst battling an OR/AS player. Being forced to look the same as everyone else again seemed as a step back in my opinion. So yeah the only DLC I actually would want to see is patches and updates making backwards compatibility issues go away.

On another note: I would love them to update Pokèmon Bank to also upload and transfer held Items. I'd love an extra lucky egg or masterball for instance :)

Yeah you're right about that. And I definitely find Nintendo's view on added DLC definitely valid. But I have to admit, I would have definitely loved having the new added Mega-forms in OR/AS being a DLC/Patch/Update for XY; that way backwards compatibility was more secured, also I could keep my Y game as my main (because character creation :p) and still use all the pokemon whilst battling an OR/AS player. Being forced to look the same as everyone else again seemed as a step back in my opinion. So yeah the only DLC I actually would want to see is patches and updates making backwards compatibility issues go away.

On another note: I would love them to update Pokèmon Bank to also upload and transfer held Items. I'd love an extra lucky egg or masterball for instance :)

Well, if that's your argument, it's one I could get behind. Updating XY so that we could even just battle the currently ORAS exclusive Megas would be enough for me.

As for transferring items, I would agree, especially seeing as I don't want/see GF including every item in every new generation, whilst adding more new items. It theoretically means we'll see a massive build-up of items in later games.

To tackle this we should at least be given a suitcase.

Nuzlocker4Life

I doubt it will happen, but if Sinnoh remakes are scheduled to come back this generation (I think FRLG are slated as the next set of remakes though), then I want Sun and Moon to bring back ball/seal capsules. It is the one cool feature the Gen 4 games had, and having it return in 3D would be awesome. Would love to have the ability to customize my Pokemon even more.

Well, if that's your argument, it's one I could get behind. Updating XY so that we could even just battle the currently ORAS exclusive Megas would be enough for me.

As for transferring items, I would agree, especially seeing as I don't want/see GF including every item in every new generation, whilst adding more new items. It theoretically means we'll see a massive build-up of items in later games.

I prefer if they keep all items, and only modify those which are broken or so. Well except for key items that are directly related to specific stories and areas.
I do agree that the build up is a bit of a problem in gen VI, but I think that could be easily fixed with just improving the bag. Just adding more pockets would help. The bag was pretty good in gen IV with 8 pockets, but just having 5 in gen VI is making things unnecessarily messy.
Basically being able to create your own pocket like in BW2 is also something I would like to see return.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I doubt it will happen, but if Sinnoh remakes are scheduled to come back this generation (I think FRLG are slated as the next set of remakes though), then I want Sun and Moon to bring back ball/seal capsules. It is the one cool feature the Gen 4 games had, and having it return in 3D would be awesome. Would love to have the ability to customize my Pokemon even more.

It's still possible to play D/P/Pt games in the same device that the new gen games are being played. I think that for that reason ONLY they will create the Gen IV remakes once we go to the next handled (which implies Gen VIII) at least.

Nuzlocker4Life

It's still possible to play D/P/Pt games in the same device that the new gen games are being played. I think that for that reason ONLY they will create the Gen IV remakes once we go to the next handled (which implies Gen VIII) at least.

Yeah, it feels too early for a return to Sinnoh. It makes sense that FRLG are the next pair to be remade again (lol).

Trainer Grey

Epic Trainer

Exactly. That would be the only thing I really would want to see being DLC-ish. And indeed, on second thought, DLC-ing items and moves would result in version differences in online communications. Someone without the DLC would be unable to battle/trade updated movepools and such. But definitely enable patches for newly added Mega's would be a plus. Considering we will buy every new game they throw at us, choosing which game to have as a 'main' would definitely be desirable.

Yes, I think customisation options should be 'massively' extended. More different kinds of Pokèballs and/or custimisation for balls, trainer customisations and loads of different clothes. And maybe something like a third 'skin'version next to shiny could be cool.

Nuzlocker4Life

Yes, I think customisation options should be 'massively' extended. More different kinds of Pokèballs and/or custimisation for balls, trainer customisations and loads of different clothes. And maybe something like a third 'skin'version next to shiny could be cool.

Oh my gosh, YES! I would want a third 'skin' version, or 'second shiny' form available for all Pokemon. They could take Mightyena for example, and make it lighter in colour, like white and grey of a husky. Or make a dark purple second shiny form for Weavile.

Trainer Grey

Epic Trainer
Oh my gosh, YES! I would want a third 'skin' version, or 'second shiny' form available for all Pokemon. They could take Mightyena for example, and make it lighter in colour, like white and grey of a husky. Or make a dark purple second shiny form for Weavile.

Yeah or maybe something like 'warpaint' to make 'em look from ancient times :p

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Yeah or maybe something like 'warpaint' to make 'em look from ancient times :p

That just makes me think of that one anime episode with the ancient Jigglypuff and it makes me want it even more.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
And last time I checked, Pokèmon doesn't apply DLC, so I think you can forget about that too. And if they would, I'd rather have them give us items, pokes, moves and regions or sidequests as DLC.

I doubt that any supposed Sun and Moon DLC would be any thing too major honestly. Probably just items and not something like new areas cuz we saw how that didn't work out in Gen 6 and I doubt it would happen in these games either. ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.