• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Aerodactyl.

What I'm trying to say, is that maybe SM could let choose to play in any gen's graphics (RB, GS, RS, DP, BW and XY). I'm speculating on this because of the the trailer's "it all comes together" part and the images of all the games (I know it was an anniversary tribute, but it could mean something else. Also, some weeks ago, Masuda tweeted a video of him composing music for SM (he stated this) and the music sounded like the GB era games...

Masuda's tweet: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/703842630107463681

I don't think they would make the entire game playable in Different graphics, that would essentially be making the same game like five times. What I could see though, is maybe something more along these lines...

They just confirmed the whole "multiverse" theory in ORAS, that their are slightly different parallel universes where some of these plots have happened (one of them being the original Ruby and Sapphire where no Mega Evolution occurs). What if, in part of the plot, we actually temporarily visit some of these "parallel dimensions" looking for something, which is really us visiting these old games and the universes they took place in, and for that small part they revert back to the graphics of that game? I think that's much more plausible. Like doing one mission and a few battles in each place.

I'm not saying they will do this, but I feel it is more likely than the whole game available in five different graphic styles.

sheppsea

Another wish I just thought of...

I would love synchronise to work with event Pokemon as well; I have never understood why it doesn't work anyway. Giving mythical/legendaries three perfect IVs was a step in the right direction, and this would another step. Ultimately I would also like to see even better IVs on legendaries/mythical Pokemon (not necessarily all perfect as that would result in less variety, but always ensure the summed total is at least 170 IVs, or something similar). These are meant to be the strongest Pokemon afterall so if they don't get top level IVs, which should?

Gabriel Faria

Shall we dance?
Another wish I just thought of...

I would love synchronise to work with event Pokemon as well; I have never understood why it doesn't work anyway. Giving mythical/legendaries three perfect IVs was a step in the right direction, and this would another step. Ultimately I would also like to see even better IVs on legendaries/mythical Pokemon (not necessarily all perfect as that would result in less variety, but always ensure the summed total is at least 170 IVs, or something similar). These are meant to be the strongest Pokemon afterall so if they don't get top level IVs, which should?

I dunno. IVs to make Pokémon from the same species different from each other. Also, the legendaries BSTs are already higher than normal, so, imo, it is already enough differentiation from the rest of the species.

Creyk

You know what guys? I need Egg Spin needs to make a return. That was a lot of fun.

I wasn't around in the egg spin days. Did people actually give away decent eggs or did they troll and give magikarp and bidoof?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I wasn't around in the egg spin days. Did people actually give away decent eggs or did they troll and give magikarp and bidoof?

I got some pretty cool stuff like Phione, IV-Egg Move-Bred Gible, and Comp-Bred Budew.

It was pretty nice, actually.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I hope that in the game we get given an egg that hatches into a shiny pokemon. We had interactives like Gyarados and Haxorus. We had gift pokemon like Gible and Dratini. Maybe a in-game trade might offer us a shiny.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
One thing im hoping doesnt return is Friendship evolutions.

Back in Pearl i tried using a Budew and it hadnt evolved by Pastoria City. In my current Y playthrough i tried using an Azurill and it still hasn't evolved at lvl 22.

It was all very annoying.

Creyk

Back in Pearl i tried using a Budew and it hadnt evolved by Pastoria City. In my current Y playthrough i tried using an Azurill and it still hasn't evolved at lvl 22.

its true friendship evolutions take way too long they really should find a way to supersize the deal.......
In 6th gen we at least had the O-Powers to help out with the befriending power. I wonder if those will make a return......the egg hatching and xp boost powers were actually really useful

Gabriel Faria

Shall we dance?

Yeah, in my first Y playthrough I had an Azurill that didn't evolve till level 38!!! I wonder if I'm that horrible with my Pokémons, but I think it was because I was in the main game and didn't have many resources like the O-Powers and such.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

How?
I catch a Budew in basically every Platinum run I do the moment I can get one, and it always Evolves before I reach Hearthome.

I mean, I'm basically fine with them so pong as the Pokémon appears relatively early on.
The later the Pokémon is available the more tedious it gets.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
How?
I catch a Budew in basically every Platinum run I do the moment I can get one, and it always Evolves before I reach Hearthome.

I mean, I'm basically fine with them so pong as the Pokémon appears relatively early on.
The later the Pokémon is available the more tedious it gets.

Well, i dont know about Budew since it was so long ago. Azurill though, i battle regularly with. Return was doing half health damage before i replaced it with Slam and She hasnt fainted since lvl 5.

Last edited:

Nuzlocker4Life

I kept finding nothing but baby Pokemon in my Platinum nuzlocke, and I was never able to evolve them through friendship because they ended up dying. I swear, even with the Soothe Bell on, it didn't seem to make a difference.

I've never been a fan of friendship evolutions anyways, aside from that bad experience. Did successfully raise an Azurill in my Y nuzlocke, and he grew up to become a beast of an Azumarill.

I'd rather continue to see more unique evolutionary methods personally. Like with Inkay and Sylveon.

phanpycross

God-king
Isnt it about time we got mid-battle evolutions? Sure, it's a small thing, but if pokemon can learn moves mid-battle, why cant they evolve.

Nuzlocker4Life

Yeah, mid-battle evolutions would be an excellent addition to gameplay mechanics. Because then it could mean the difference between life or death for any Pokemon i have out there so close to evolving.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
I do hope Togekiss family would get MOON BLAST!
Think about serene grace boosted moon blast!

Niormon

Not gonna bother linking, Since I think you guys already know, about the Pokemon YouTube community drama and we at serebii are to blame ? how did that happen ? Serebii never confirmed there was going to be footage in the first place, so why is this place center of attack ?

Supersonicbro

Not gonna bother linking, Since I think you guys already know, about the Pokemon YouTube community drama and we at serebii are to blame ? how did that happen ? Serebii never confirmed there was going to be footage in the first place, so why is this place center of attack ?

wrong place for this subject but it was simply other news sites seeing this from serebii and taking it upon themselves to hype it up further and make it into something it wasn't.

Niormon

wrong place for this subject but it was simply other news sites seeing this from serebii and taking it upon themselves to hype it up further and make it into something it wasn't.
Thanks :), I wasn't sure where it goes also your right and its strange its the same people who did the whole black and white drama, are doing this drama as well, kinda shocking how the world works XD But anyways I will keep things on topic ;)

Creyk

Thanks :), I wasn't sure where it goes also your right and its strange its the same people who did the whole black and white drama, are doing this drama as well, kinda shocking how the world works XD But anyways I will keep things on topic ;)

It's actually really hilarious to watch XD
Isn't there the...like, general observation that pokemon fans are generally getting older, and a big part of players are in their late teens/twenties? You would think they would be more level-headed and not freak out this much over a Pokemon Game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.