• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creyk

...the hell?
the whole point of mega is a short-term boost for its power!
Also your idea is just horrible! Pokemon surgery? What is this human centipede?

Well I know but it's just so annoying that currently, even if you do hack a pokemon to stay in it's mega from forever, you can't play with it in Pokemon Amie because they didn't make models for them in there.
I just want to be able to pet my Mega Alakazam while it's in it's mega form :S

Also what's wrong with pokemon surgery, this is a game so it's not like they would feel any pain or anything like that.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
Well I know but it's just so annoying that currently, even if you do hack a pokemon to stay in it's mega from forever, you can't play with it in Pokemon Amie because they didn't make models for them in there.
I just want to be able to pet my Mega Alakazam while it's in it's mega form :S

Also what's wrong with pokemon surgery, this is a game so it's not like they would feel any pain or anything like that.

the thought of opening up to do stuff inside their body... just for the sake of another tranier is just disgusting... whole battling and EV traning is one thing... what if pokemon dose not want its body to be opened. I mean would you like your body to be opened if a doctor said " I can make you strong as a hulk if you let me operate on you!" I would not want my body to be opened by anyone...
Also it is a "game" if it is a game... why Pokemon ami? Why friendship? Why the move "return" why Crobat? Why Lucario? Why friendship evolution?

Class Zero

We have arrived.
the thought of opening up to do stuff inside their body... just for the sake of another tranier is just disgusting... whole battling and EV traning is one thing... what if pokemon dose not want its body to be opened. I mean would you like your body to be opened if a doctor said " I can make you strong as a hulk if you let me operate on you!" I would not want my body to be opened by anyone...
Also it is a "game" if it is a game... why Pokemon ami? Why friendship? Why the move "return" why Crobat? Why Lucario? Why friendship evolution?

Those are called game mechanics, lad.. used to simulate a friendship between you and a Pokemon..

Hate to break it to you but Pokemon aren't real. PETA/RSPCA didn't come rushing to my door when I threw a rock at a Chansey in the safari park, nor when I called any of my Pokemon an obscene name..

While I agree that "Pokemon Surgery" won't be in the game, that's more due to the fact that it's not really needed right now than "the Pokemon may not want it".
And honestly cybernetic augmentations for Pokemon may be a possibility in future games, who knows!

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi

Unrelated, but if someone offered me the ability to become the Hulk. I'd probably take it, guy owned his own planet of giant gladiator people. But that's just me.

But yeah, Pokemon "surgery" shouldn't even really be needed to begin with, seeing as they can be healed in like 5 seconds from things like 3rd degree burns and being exploded.

Besides, even if the Pokemon had its Mega Stone in its body, it'd still need a bond with someone, and it will just be as if it was holding its mega stone, but it's inside of it. Mega Evolving in and of itself will always be temporary, regardless if the stone's in the Pokemon, or out of it.

If Mega Amie was going to happen, they could just, y'know, have you Mega Evolve your Pokemon within Amie instead of mutilating it?

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
Those are called game mechanics, lad.. used to simulate a friendship between you and a Pokemon..

Hate to break it to you but Pokemon aren't real. PETA/RSPCA didn't come rushing to my door when I threw a rock at a Chansey in the safari park, nor when I called any of my Pokemon an obscene name..

While I agree that "Pokemon Surgery" won't be in the game, that's more due to the fact that it's not really needed right now than "the Pokemon may not want it".
And honestly cybernetic augmentations for Pokemon may be a possibility in future games, who knows!

i KNOW Pokemon aren't reall but what is the POINT of playing a game if you are gonna treat it like it is not real...
I mean you never heard of "game immersion?" Why you play Pokemon AT ALL if you are gonna treat it like a fake. I play pokemon because I get immersed by it and treat it.
Anyway my point is that pokemon's theme is all about friendship and surgery goses against it!
( seriously I'm uncomfortable with whole concept of surgery... and perferoming a surgery just for the sake of power seems wrong...)

Why you play Pokemon AT ALL if you are gonna treat it like a fake. I play pokemon because I get immersed by it and treat it.

Because it's a fun game with fun mechanics and a great battle system? Just playing devil's advocate

raichu27

Sabre_King

Something I am hoping for is better type placement. What I mean is having most types represented equally. This again was due to XY only introducing over 60 pokemon (not including mega pokemon), which left not a lot of type representation. I say every type gets at least 2-3 new lines, would suffice the number of pokemon needed for SM. With 18 types of pokemon, adding 2-3 new lines in each type could give around 100 pokemon which I would be pretty happy about.

Something I am hoping for is better type placement. What I mean is having most types represented equally. This again was due to XY only introducing over 60 pokemon (not including mega pokemon), which left not a lot of type representation. I say every type gets at least 2-3 new lines, would suffice the number of pokemon needed for SM. With 18 types of pokemon, adding 2-3 new lines in each type could give around 100 pokemon which I would be pretty happy about.

Just like certain animal are less common in certain irl countries (you'd be hard pressed to say, find a snek in the UK compared to a corgi), certain types will be more common in certain regions, and some types will be rarer overall.

Sabre_King

Just like certain animal are less common in certain irl countries (you'd be hard pressed to say, find a snek in the UK compared to a corgi), certain types will be more common in certain regions, and some types will be rarer overall.

To make up for XY lack of pokemon and types I think it still stands that 2-3 new lines (which can include solo pokemon with no evolutions) is still enough because being honest XY didn't show a lot of equality yet the entire region could accommodate every type and I don't see how you can deny that. Also I am only speaking of new pokemon, I know XY had numerous choices of each type but every type majority went to older pokemon to fill. Yes regions are based off real places but the creators add different terrains to accommodate the different types.

To make up for XY lack of pokemon and types I think it still stands that 2-3 new lines (which can include solo pokemon with no evolutions) is still enough because being honest XY didn't show a lot of equality yet the entire region could accommodate every type and I don't see how you can deny that. Also I am only speaking of new pokemon, I know XY had numerous choices of each type but every type majority went to older pokemon to fill. Yes regions are based off real places but the creators add different terrains to accommodate the different types.

Some types are just meant to be rarer, depending on their region's terrain, and their typing itself. It adds variety, and it's how Pokemon most likely will stay. For example, Sinnoh's cold terrain lead to only a handful of Sinnoh native Fire-Types, and only 3-4 new Fire-Types. On the other hand, it had a shocking amount of Ice-Types compared to other regions. Yes, most regions can support 'all types', but you have to bring in to mind proportion, for example Kalos only having two cold areas with encounters, and also the fact if GF forces itself into making Pokemon of certain types rather than creating a Pokemon with more thought and freedom, the quality most likely would suffer.

What would I like to see? Hmm... How about:

1. The Return of Character Customisation
  2. The Core Story containing New Pokemon Only, Like Black & White (Yeah, I know it probably won't happen, because so many People will want more Mega Evolutions during their Initial Run Through.)
  3. The new Zygarde forms (Post Game Content) - Maybe have the Evil Team for Gen 7 travel to Kalos to try & finish their plan using Zygardes Complete Forme. Don't just have it Transform on Command. Make it so when you catch it, it resets to Core Form & as you Travel across the Land with the Core in your Team, it picks up Cells & transforms to 10%, 50%, then back to Complete.
  4. A Dark Type Gym - Since its debut in 1999 (In Japan), there hasn't been a single Dark Type Gym. We've had 3 Elite Four Members who specialize in it (Karen, Sidney & Grimsley), but no Gym Leaders. Why?!
  5. No giving us EXP Share so early in the Game (Yeah, we can turn it off, but the Temptation to use it is always there. Don't give it to us until after, like, the 4th or 5th Gym.)
  6. Bring back the Underground - That was a fun little extra they had for the Sinnoh games. You could hunt for Fossils, set up Bases, lay traps. Upgrade it, so you can have Pokemon that use Dig to create new Tunnels to explore. Each Underground per game would be a completely random layout, like with the 'Minecraft' Terrains & Biomes.
  7. No Pikachu Clones - We've had a Pikachu clone every Generation since Hoenn. We need a break.

I'm hoping GF shakes up some Pokemon 'tropes'. I'm hoping we don't get the early Normal Mammal, and we don't get a Bug -> Immobile and/or Covered Bug -> Mature Bug family, but I'd still like an early Normal like Lillipup, and Bugs like Burmy, Kricketot, etc.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
[*] No giving us EXP Share so early in the Game (Yeah, we can turn it off, but the Temptation to use it is always there. Don't give it to us until after, like, the 4th or 5th Gym.)
[/LIST]

I agree almost with all of these, but the EXP share is a big one for me. Its too easy to use it during the game, but too useful for EV training for me to want to get rid of it. I'd actually rather it was given after you beat the champion. Although TBH I don't really mind pikachu clones if they're interesting, like emolga, that can be a fun pokemon to use, and Pachirisu was great in VGC 15.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
What I'd like to see is Nidoking finally being able to breed with Nidoqueen.
Also, something highly unlikely to impossible: having your 1st pokemon in party follow you in the vein of HG/SS.

In response to the surgery discussion, why the hell would we need Pokemon to stay in their Mega forms just for Amie? The only use for said forms is in battle. Outside of battles there is literally no point for them staying in mega form.

Nuzlocker4Life

Definitely give players access to EXP Share after the 5th gym or so. Personally, it should be given after the 8th gym imo; but then again, I have no use for it during and after my nuzlocke runs anyways. xD

Also:

What I'd like to see is Nidoking finally being able to breed with Nidoqueen.

THIS. Why the heck is this still a problem nearly 5 generations later, Gamefreak?!

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I'd like to see a split between attacks and field moves. Anything that can be used in the field (Surf, Sweet Scent, Headbutt, etc.) should be taught with an HM and no longer count as an attack. Each Pokemon would have the ability to know up to 4 attacks, as usual, and up to 2 field moves. This would let you have up to 12 field moves in your party without sacrificing decent attacks and eliminate the need for HM slaves.

I'd also like to see the pokedex reach 1000, although that's likely to require two more generations at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.