• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter. Talking about an early-game perspective....what are the chances that Eevee is going to be available in SM in the first place? I would say really low, considering it's considered a rare pokemon. If you really want to use it you will have to transfer it or trade it, and then you can just trade the kind of evolution you want to use on a low level.

That depends on if Eevee gets a new Eeveelution(Hoping he finally gets a Dragon one)
I can easily see it being a gift Pokemon again like it originally was, have to breed it if you want to obtain the other ones. If they don't give it a location.

But then all non-starters and events could end up available to be caught again like in gen 6, anything is possible.

Creyk

How about a cream type?
Pokemon like Muk and Swalot fit perfectly into this category, basically pokemon who are just weird blobs instead of something more interesting. It's better than the "light" and "sound" type everybody brings up constantly, it's so redundant at this point.
Plus swirlix could get it as a secondary type and then that would really be something.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
How about a cream type?
Pokemon like Muk and Swalot fit perfectly into this category, basically pokemon who are just weird blobs instead of something more interesting. It's better than the "light" and "sound" type everybody brings up constantly, it's so redundant at this point.
Plus swirlix could get it as a secondary type and then that would really be something.

lmao oh the jokes with "cream" pokemon :p

or "food" type could be a thing! egg bomb, milk drink, vanillite, cherim, etc lol

raichu27

I'm not ready for a new type right now. The type chart is fine as it is.

I'd like to see Pokemon like Lunatone and Aurorus to learn Power Gem.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
I'm not ready for a new type right now. The type chart is fine as it is.

I'd like to see Pokemon like Lunatone and Aurorus to learn Power Gem.

Lunatone doesn't learn Power Gem?!
Now that is an injustice. It's the same with Dusknoir not learning Shadow Claw, yet Dugtrio can :S

I'm also one of the people hoping there is an evolutionary link for Luvdisc and Alomomola. They're just too similar that it's uncanny

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Diancie also can't learn Power Gem for some freakish reason.

Sure it has Diamond Storm, and Aurorus would appreciate Power Gem a lot more, but its still bizarre.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Lunatone doesn't learn Power Gem?!
Now that is an injustice. It's the same with Dusknoir not learning Shadow Claw, yet Dugtrio can :S

How, may I ask, would Lunatone even use Power Gem? Power Gem is used by Pokemon with actual gem structures somewhere on their body. What about the move even demands that Lunatone should learn it in the first place? I get saying that Aurorus and Diancie should learn it, since one is based off of gems and the other has gems imbued in its body, but why Lunatone?

1. Dunsparce get a Fairy/Dragon Stone-based Evo

2. All trainers reset in the game every week and their pokemon/levels are based on the highest level pokemon in your team ir they gradually increase maybe by 1-2 levels with each reset up to a max of X

3. As we had the ability in Pokemon Amie to have random player's pokemon show up and visit ours I'd like to see the ability to have a "Union Station" a place where trainers and random Gym leaders come from around the world and you can fight their teams (for XP)

4. I'd love to see the total removal of IV/EV as they are now and instead do something like a point system. Perhaps you have a fire type. By default he's resistant to fire but the more fire types you fight the more points you gain and can eventually level up their fire resistance to stage 2 (stage 1 by default for fire types) The weaker a pokemon is against a move the more battles getting hit by that move it takes to gain a level (requires more points and have points be based on how much HP you lose because of that type of attack so people don't spam fight Magikarps, etc). Eventually something you're 4x weak to could be maybe reduced to at most 2x weak to it.

5. The ability to catch a train back to one of the previous places maybe Kanto or Johto similar to how Gold/Silver had Kanto accessible.

6. Content patches. They have the ability to patch the cartridges and add to the games. Frankly I'd like to see this Gen be put on a cart that has significantly more space than needed and allow them to sell patches so we can take our same team through new areas or even old locales like Johto, Kanto, etc etc they could even allow us to select from any pokemon that first appeared in that region to be our starter and let us access our other pokemon either when back in the old region or after beating that regions elite four...call it "Proving we understand the delicate natural balance of native pokemon in the region before bringing non-native pokemon in."

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
6. Content patches. They have the ability to patch the cartridges and add to the games. Frankly I'd like to see this Gen be put on a cart that has significantly more space than needed and allow them to sell patches so we can take our same team through new areas or even old locales like Johto, Kanto, etc etc they could even allow us to select from any pokemon that first appeared in that region to be our starter and let us access our other pokemon either when back in the old region or after beating that regions elite four...call it "Proving we understand the delicate natural balance of native pokemon in the region before bringing non-native pokemon in."

I don't think Sun and Moon will have DLC honestly. The Gen 6 games didn't after all and Masuda made it sound as if he was against it a couple of years ago when Or/As came out, and I doubt Gamefreak will change their minds.

raichu27

You do know they were joking, right? There is nothing that a food type would realistically be SE against.

That being said, I do agree with your statement.
I didn't notice it as a joke.

How, may I ask, would Lunatone even use Power Gem? Power Gem is used by Pokemon with actual gem structures somewhere on their body. What about the move even demands that Lunatone should learn it in the first place? I get saying that Aurorus and Diancie should learn it, since one is based off of gems and the other has gems imbued in its body, but why Lunatone?
Lunatone has higher Special Attack than Physical Attack, unlike most other Rock Pokemon. Lunatone's Physical Attack isn't all that great. It's also part Psychic, and Grumpig can learn Power Gem, too. Magcargo could use a more powerful Special Rock move, too. It can only learn Ancient Power for a Special Rock move, which isn't all that strong.

I don't get how Mareep and its' evolution could learn Power Gem, though.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Lunatone has higher Special Attack than Physical Attack, unlike most other Rock Pokemon. Lunatone's Physical Attack isn't all that great. It's also part Psychic, and Grumpig can learn Power Gem, too. Magcargo could use a more powerful Special Rock move, too. It can only learn Ancient Power for a Special Rock move, which isn't all that strong.

I don't get how Mareep and its' evolution could learn Power Gem, though.

Look at the Pokemon who learn Power Gem. They all have a gem somewhere on their body (The Mareep line have it on their tail, as well as Ampharos' on its head). Grumpig gets it not because its a Psychic-Type, but because it has pearls on its head. It doesn't matter that Lunatone has higher Special Attack, it doesn't have a gem anywhere on its body to allow it use the move. Saying it should learn Power Gem is like saying a Luxray should learn Thunder Punch, sure Luxray is a physical attacker and Thunder Punch is a solid physical Electric-Type move, but Luxray has no fists to punch with. To quote Bulbapedia's trivia on Power Gem:
Bulbapedia said:
Power Gem is notable for being exclusive to Pokémon with designs that incorporate gemlike features, thus being distributed among Pokémon independent of type.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Gym Leaders with more then 3 or 4 pokemon.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer

There a handful of moves that can be learned despite going against all logic on a Pokemon's design.
Snorlax knows Iron Tail, Diglett can learn scratch and claw moves, and doduo can fly

The 'visible gem' thought is irrelevant. It applies to most pokemon- but Corsola can learn it too- and it is simply coral.

I think a special attacking Rock-Psychic Pokemon based on a meteorite has a bit more of a right to know the move than a coral

There a handful of moves that can be learned despite going against all logic on a Pokemon's design.
Snorlax knows Iron Tail, Diglett can learn scratch and claw moves, and doduo can fly

The 'visible gem' thought is irrelevant. It applies to most pokemon- but Corsola can learn it too- and it is simply coral.

I think a special attacking Rock-Psychic Pokemon based on a meteorite has a bit more of a right to know the move than a coral

Not really, Corsola learning it is likely a reference to coral's usage in jewellery. Literally every other Pokémom that learns the move has some gem-like structure to it.

I hope they introduce a few more special rock-type attacks, ancient power and power gem are weak and limited respectively. Also, physical Fairy moves.

NeptuneCloyster

Squadallah

So a few of the moves that pokemon can learn are illogical, and you're using this as justification to make the problem even worse
"well, Snorlax can learn Iron Tail, so there's no reason why Treeko can't learn Overheat"

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Look at the Pokemon who learn Power Gem. They all have a gem somewhere on their body (The Mareep line have it on their tail, as well as Ampharos' on its head). Grumpig gets it not because its a Psychic-Type, but because it has pearls on its head. It doesn't matter that Lunatone has higher Special Attack, it doesn't have a gem anywhere on its body to allow it use the move. Saying it should learn Power Gem is like saying a Luxray should learn Thunder Punch, sure Luxray is a physical attacker and Thunder Punch is a solid physical Electric-Type move, but Luxray has no fists to punch with. To quote Bulbapedia's trivia on Power Gem:

Corsola, Nosepass and Probopass?

They specify it as being Pokemon that incorporate gem-like features.. and if Probopass qualifies, then I'd definitely say Lunatone also does.

And honestly, why would anyone have a problem with it? Even if it isn't justifiable (which it somewhat is) all it would do is make Lunatone a bit more viable, no negatives to be seen really, seeing as the "problem" of Pokemon learning moves that wouldn't be realistic by our terms is one that would persist regardless.

Last edited:

raichu27

Not really, Corsola learning it is likely a reference to coral's usage in jewellery. Literally every other Pokémom that learns the move has some gem-like structure to it.

I hope they introduce a few more special rock-type attacks, ancient power and power gem are weak and limited respectively. Also, physical Fairy moves.
Power Gem got boosted to 80 from 70 on Gen. 6. I'd also like to see Golduck, Dragonair, Espeon, Phione, Tentacool, and Clamperl to learn Power Gem. More Special Rock moves and Physical Fairy moves would be nice, too.

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
All I need to make me satisfied w/ S&M:

-At least 100 new pokemon (not megas or new forms)
-Character Custumization
-Dark type Gym
- Post-game extra region like gen 2.

-This would never happen, but having a region w/ a gym for each type (or at least more than 8 ) and depending on when you challenged it changed how difficult it was (like in pokemon origins)

raichu27

I think over 120 or 130 new Pokemon would be nice. The amount of new Pokemon was too lacking for Gen 6., imo, with the lack of new type combinations(excluding Fairy). I think more Bug, Psychic, Poison, Electric, Fighting, and Ice type combinations would be nice, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.