• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazedyanma

Cyclipse
I hope we will be able to have a pokemon day care early in the game, I would like to have a shiny bred competitive pokemon before I complete the main story.
Speaking of that, I wonder whether they should split the shiny charm into seven pieces? You know, like one for every region?

Just a thought.

Akashin

All I can say is that I liked Unova's Pokemon better than Kalos' Pokemon on average. Even if Unova had more "worthless Pokemon" (which if you ask me, there is no such thing), it still had just as many, if not more interesting Pokemon. That's why I personally don't like the quality over quantity argument.

Quality over quantity (in respect to Gen V) is asinine because it assumes that Gen V objectively didn't have the former as well as the latter, and that's a subjective matter with a very vocal minority shouting it from every rooftop they can find.

Rhynox

Personally I liked that almost every pokemon in gen 6 had a neat schtick to them. Even stuff like the early rodent, digersby, or early bird, talonflame, we're actually good if you used them right. I would like more well thought out pokemon like those. I know it's nice to have some pokemon for flavour or fodder, but give them a good HA or egg move or something so if you do really like that poke you can use it in every facet of the game without handicapping yourself. As an example of a cool niche a pokemon could have; a poke with the stench ability, which gives a chance for the opponent to flinch when you attack them, on a really fast poke with a lot of multi hit moves. Sort of like flinchhax, but more glass cannon/luck based. I dunno, be nice to see underused abilities and moves turned into a strong niche for a pokemon, even if it might have low bst.

chess-z

campy vampire
This has probably been said before, but I really, really want a flushed out story. XY was very disappointing to me on that front, especially when compared to the over-arching story of BW and B2W2. And in a similar vein, I would prefer an actual post game to the Battle Maison. I want a world that continues to be engaging after I complete the main story. (also trainer customization but everyone wants that.)

genwinner

HM 06: Blast
I haven't played anything newer than gen 3, so bear with me if some of these things have already been done.

I'd really like to see some quality of life improvements, similar to what was done from R/S -> FR/LG. That means things like being able to bandbox multiple pokemon to move them around in the PC, being able to give/take items without having to move them into your team, and having more (functional!) sorting and marking methods.

Other QoL improvements:
-Marking pokemon with 1-4 different symbols is nice, but I'd love to be able to tag my pokemon with some text and then search/sort by tag.
--Having longer names for boxes would be great, too.
-Being able to define some pre-made teams, then swap to that active team with just one or two clicks, rather than having to depost and sort 6.
-an improved help system. FRLG's was okay, but it was so vague and shallow. Having a help system with databases of type matchups, game mechanics, where different special NPCs are located (tutors, haircuts, etc), schedules, etc would be very handy when I don't have internet access.
--being able to access it while in battle would be great.
-some form of reminder or obvious indication of how using an item or switching pokemon is going to affect turn order/ speed.
--also reminders for how many de/buff stacks I have, and how those are affecting my stats.
-some obvious way to see how my badges have affected my stats.
-having the pokedex store my last cursor location. This is the most frustrating thing in FRLG while trying to find the legendary dogs.
--a return to the RSE dex searching system, where I can find pokemon by type/ alpha/ number/ size/ etc, rather than "grassland" or "savannah".
-some method of leaving notes for myself, such as what IVs a pokemon has, or which two are my breeding pair, which ones I want to keep at level 50 for the battle tower, or what I plan to do next in-game in case I don't play for a few weeks and forget.
-a way to stop pokemon from accumulating experience (and also evolving) that's not a held item.
-backwards compatibility, even if it has to be like GSC -> RBY with a time capsule.
-having multiple save files without external hardware.
-a system to rebattle that's not convoluted and frustrating (PokeNav) or a hassle (VS Seeker)
-more bindable hotkeys
--I want to be able to have bike on left bumper, FLY on right bumper, and dex on select.
-allow me to change the in-game clock. Sometimes people move.

Personal preferences:
-more towns that don't have gyms, just places you can go that are fun to hang out in
--they don't even need to be on the linear path you take to the gym cities[/indent]
-NPCs with a little more personality
--maybe if they even had something as simple as schedules they follow per day of the week, like Daisy or the haircut brothers in GSC?
-satisfying OPTIONAL fishing minigame
--sometimes I want to relax and fish, and other times I just want to get on with EV training. I'd like to be able to choose.
-Game Corner (I heard that it's been removed? That's no fun. It's a pokemon staple.)
--if they bring it back, then the ability to buy more than 500 coins at once (perhaps a variable number, just like every pokemart), and the ability to cash out your coins.
-gym leaders whose pokemon scale to match the level of your team
-the return of PokeGear and those calls from trainers who just want to chat you up
-more water routes and more interesting/ diverse water-types
--please, no more fish pokemon
---actually, yes, more fish pokemon, but add like 100 more and make their size/ length/ fin type/ scale type relevant (maybe an attack based on size, kind of like Waterspout or Low Kick?), and add every fish pokemon from every old game
----no more tentacools, please, just make it go away
-no more new evolutions/ baby versions of old pokemon. They make no sense. Maybe Eevee is an exception.
-bring back low-encounter rate pokemon of very high level in some areas, like the level 45 tentacruel and 29 dugtrio in RBY.
-graphics that stand up better to time, like the cartoony ones of GSC/RSE. FRLG tried to make everything look higher-def, but the pixellation really takes away from that. RSE embraced the pixellation, building on the great look of GSC but with enough detail for pokemon designs to be easier to see.
-GSC battle interface. The name/health/level block in all the games afterwards is way too big. GSC's was small, elegant, and effective.
-less grind. If I'm going to be doing something like battle tower, why can't my pokemon just all be temporarily raised to level 50/100, pokemon stadium-style?
-monster ranching. Being able to design my own area where pokemon roam, train, and breed.
-fewer pokemon based on objects with high mechanical complexity or whose form is a result of being designed for humans. Pokemon have no need for washing machines, so it doesn't make sense that they would evolve into them, nor does it makes sense for a washing machine to somehow be the result of a series of mutations. A sword or magnet or sphere or something, sure I guess.
-less focus on evil teams and world-shattering events. Team Rocket was more of a side thing in RBY+GSC, and their goals were somewhat believable (even if they were terrible at accomplishing them). Team Magma/Aqua makes absolutely no sense, and it makes doubly less sense that a 10-year-old is tasked to save the world in any of the games (or even given the trust/ rare items of adults that have literally just met the kid). There's a perfectly good league champion right there, and maybe even some police or a government *gasp*.
-continued inclusion of nonstandard communication. It's nice to remember that some folks depend on ASL/sign or braille. It would be nice if there could be some colour-based or sound-based puzzles as well.
-no more funky 2v2/ 3v3/ XvX battle modes. Sure, a mode where you have to have a certain type, or a certain level, or a certain tier is fine. But what's the point of fighting with 3+ or in a battle royale? At that point it's no longer about skill, and just about speed and AI/ luck. 2v2, maybe if the damage/health scaling were changed so that pokemon don't get KO'd in one or two hits, so that it actually matters which two you've chosen. Otherwise it's silly.
-more individual variety among pokemon. Pokemon like Spinda make sense, because they're all similar, but a little different, just like real animals. It's difficult for me to comprehend how a mew can change its species to become a gyrados, but I can see how a spinda might eventually become a teddiursa or something. It's already been done in both the anime (eg ash's pikachu vs ricky's sparky) and the games (RB vs Y koffing) anyway.
--along the same lines, either have no shiny pokemon, or a whole lot of different "shiny" variants of the same one.
-getting away from a m/f gender binary. There's plenty of other gender schemes in biology, and plenty of other methods of reproduction.
-remove explosion and selfdestruct. Why? Just why?
-more interactive pokemon like Castform. Even if it was terrible, castform both matched the theme of RSE perfectly, and also made battles more spontaneous and interactive. As is, battles have very little interaction beyond debuffs, roar, and spikes. Being able to have your team change as a result of extant conditions or the actions of the enemy goes a long way to making it more interesting, like Magic the Gathering.
--this could extend to pokemon like Remoraid, Shellder, or Paras, which have so much unused potential, or moves like Secret Power.
-no more time- or place-exclusive features. I'm so frustrated that I can never get Jirachi, Ho-oh, Lugia, Deoxys, or get a Latias with Soul Dew. Sure, it's a single-player game, so it shouldn't matter, but it's not actually. As soon as Gamefreak introduced anti-"cheating" code, they needed to stop making unobtainable things.
-New game plus mode, where you can pick your starter from any pokemon in the game, and the dex is already filled in. I'm tired of having to to use an emulator/ gameshark in order to start with a sandshrew or eevee or pikachu or something like the trainers in the show do.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Gen 5 has a lot of very popular Pokemon, so I don't know where the idea people didn't like it comes from. The Litwick line, the Cofagrigius line, the Haxorus line, the Darumaka line, the Golurk line, the Mienshao line, the Hydreigon line, the Lilligant line, the Scraggy line, the Braviary line, the Bisharp line...the list of well received Unova Pokemon goes on.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Gen 5 has a lot of very popular Pokemon, so I don't know where the idea people didn't like it comes from. The Litwick line, the Cofagrigius line, the Haxorus line, the Darumaka line, the Golurk line, the Mienshao line, the Hydreigon line, the Lilligant line, the Scraggy line, the Braviary line, the Bisharp line...the list of well received Unova Pokemon goes on.

One thing I didn't really like about gen 5 was the lack of three stage pokemon families. I really like when they evolve three times, or have split evolutions. I think pokemon should embrace that a lot.

.Aerodactyl.

I think some people not liking Gen 5 isn't synonymous with its Pokémon designs. Personally, there aren't a lot of Gen 5 Pokémon that I like, but I usually take a generation or two before I appreciate the "new" Mon. There wasn't a lot of Gen 6 Mon I liked either until I forced myself to use them.... But that's just me. I didn't like Gen 3 Pokémon, or Gen 4 when they came out and now I love most of them. I warm up slowly.

I personally didn't like Gen 5 at all but understand why so many hail it their favourite generation. It's all about tastes! I actually disliked the plot, but I'm certainly the minority. I felt Gen 5 stripped away a lot of the side mechanics of the games that I loved and replaced them with sub-par festures or removed them entirely (bases/room decoration, safari zone, contests, battle frontier, seals on pokeballs, ribbons, poffin making...). Some of my favourite aspects of the Pokémon game are these side features, for some it's plot, others it's new Pokémon, etc. So I'm certainly not saying that people shouldn't like those games or that they were horrible on the whole. They were just horrible to me personally. Before, it felt like Pokémon built up features and then Gen 5 came and it felt empty to me and like it was tearing stuff down.

For my hopes in SuMo, I don't want to see so many side features taken away or ignored. I totally understand how some are for one game only, (I can understand not getting pokeathlon back, or the Dex nav, etc). But I would like to see customization stay, Pokémon Amie stay, contests to return from ORAS and even improved upon, bases or some kind of room decoration where you get your own house (how coolbeould it be if we could buy a house in one of the cities?) And battle frontier. Especially now that they seem to be doing away with special edition versions and sequels (I.e. games Platinum and BW2). I could forgive waiting for the battle frontier for the third edition, but now I kind of want that content up front because they are doing away with sequels it seems. I'd even pay DLC (not that they would go that route). This is the stuff that keeps me playing personally and where I spend a lot of post game :D

Last edited:

Class Zero

We have arrived.

The Pokemon were fine for the most part, I just found the rest of the game terrible, least favourite gen no contest :D

Lilligantastic

I think it was the graphics in Black and White that tainted my view of some of the Pokemon. Not saying the graphics were bad overall, but in terms of battles the Pokemon just looked a bit pixelated and jittery, and for some of them it wasn't until I saw them in generation 6 that I realised how much I liked them. I don't understand the theory that Unova Pokemon were of a lower quality though, there were some great generation 5 Pokemon. I think the assumption of that consensus just comes from the onslaught of memes at the time about 'Pokemon running out of ideas!!! Making ice creams and piles of trash!!1!'

Geoduck, Voltorb, Magnemite, Grimer and Ditto all say hello.

.Aerodactyl.

I think it was the graphics in Black and White that tainted my view of some of the Pokemon. Not saying the graphics were bad overall, but in terms of battles the Pokemon just looked a bit pixelated and jittery, and for some of them it wasn't until I saw them in generation 6 that I realised how much I liked them. I don't understand the theory that Unova Pokemon were of a lower quality though, there were some great generation 5 Pokemon. I think the assumption of that consensus just comes from the onslaught of memes at the time about 'Pokemon running out of ideas!!! Making ice creams and piles of trash!!1!'

Geoduck, Voltorb, Magnemite, Grimer and Ditto all say hello.

I agree, I think design is all subjective. I don't think it's fair to say that some are worse then others except in personal opinon. I personally didn't have a lot of favs in Gen 5, so to me I'd say "worst designs" but that's only to me. And even then, my opinon is slowly changing. The graphics of Gen 5 bothered me too! It's a good point, and probably conributed to me disliking a lot of designs as well.

genwinner

I think some people not liking Gen 5 isn't synonymous with its Pokémon designs. Personally, there aren't a lot of Gen 5 Pokémon that I like, but I usually take a generation or two before I appreciate the "new" Mon. There wasn't a lot of Gen 6 Mon I liked either until I forced myself to use them.... But that's just me. I didn't like Gen 3 Pokémon, or Gen 4 when they came out and now I love most of them. I warm up slowly.

Do you think that your opinion changes because of the length of time, or because there's new pokemon to compare to?

.Aerodactyl.

Do you think that your opinion changes because of the length of time, or because there's new pokemon to compare to?

I think it's both XD. I'm pretty sure it's the whole "The first was the best" and nostalgia mentality. Gen 1 and 2 were my childhood and were eagerly embraced. I know in my head the stupidity of saying that the first 250 are somehow better, but it still takes me a minute to get over it I guess. Part of it could also be that I don't watch the anime anymore... And I did for Gen 1 and 2 as a kid so it was easier to accept and embrace new Pokemon because I saw them in more places. Right now Gen 6 Pokémon still feel like the odd ones out to me. I'm starting to like them though, especially much more than the beginning. And when SuMo comes out, I'll probably accept Gen 6 more because there are even newer Pokémon that seem out of place and more time has passed.

tallestflash

Hi all,

I wanted to know what you want to see in the new games, Pokemon Sun & Moon? I heard this rumor somewhere that the region is going to be based on Spain, which would be nice because then we could also be able to travel back to Kalos! Since France and Spain are neighboring countries!

I would love to be able to costumize my character again! I loved that from X and Y and was really disappointed that we couldn't do it in ORAS..

To be honest, customization is probably coming back. I think it wasnt in ORAS because they were trying to keep it close to the orginial :p What I want? I made a video here summing up everything https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnfpfFa2vJM

raichu27

I think a Fire/Ice Pokemon being able to learn Ice Burn and a Electric/Ice Pokemon learning Freeze Shock would be nice to see.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
And in a similar vein, I would prefer an actual post game to the Battle Maison. I want a world that continues to be engaging after I complete the main story.

I do hope that Sun and Moon have a much better post-game plot, perhaps one similar to Delta Episode. I'd like if the battle facility in these games has different kinds of battle gimmicks also similar to the Battle Frontiers. :3

genwinner

I've been playing since gen 1, but gen 5 is my favorite (and 4 is my least favorite.) I don't know, maybe I missed the nostalgia bug.

Well, which one you liked better probably has to do with the features of that game. What about 5 did you like, and what about 4 did you not?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I think a Fire/Ice Pokemon being able to learn Ice Burn and a Electric/Ice Pokemon learning Freeze Shock would be nice to see.

No, absolutely not. I'm sorry, but those are the signature moves of a Legendary Pokemon, there is no reason whatsoever to give them to a random Pokemon. It's bad enough when when signatures moves like Water Shuriken are given to another Pokemon, don't do it to a Legendary Pokemon's signature move. Maybe make a weaker variant, sort of like Phantom Force and Shadow Force, but don't just give the signature move away.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
This has probably been said before, but I really, really want a flushed out story. XY was very disappointing to me on that front, especially when compared to the over-arching story of BW and B2W2. And in a similar vein, I would prefer an actual post game to the Battle Maison. I want a world that continues to be engaging after I complete the main story. (also trainer customization but everyone wants that.)
This.

XY / ORAS really suffered from the lack of a post-game and engaging story lines, I really was a bit saddened XY got shelved before getting its redemption because they decided to rush out a remake instead of finishing what they started. I'm really hoping SM will excel by having a superior story line and actual post-game thus won't need to rely on fanservice to compensate. I'm glad ORAS's five minute of fame are up and many people look at the remakes more objectively, ideally we can get rid of Pokemon franchise's recent nostalgia and fanservice binge in place of quality stories. BW did set the bar high, I'm not gonna lie but I believe they can top it easily if they try.

Status
Not open for further replies.