• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
I like to see seasons return, rustling grass/shadows on bridges/dust cloud/ripples in water, horde battles (trainer and wild), and sky battles.

Specifically trainer hoard battles would be a really awesome feature to have more of.. there's only ever been 2, but they were pretty awesome to see.

ECM

I didn't replace anyone besides Giovanni/Blue and Brock, and that was only so that those positions could pay homage to changes we know exist in the Anime, Brock is a Breeder/Doctor in training, Blue=Gary is a researcher, and then Elite 4 and Champion positions I simplified and gave Kanto and Johto some independence of one another.

I listed those same characters in a possibly rotating role. I would like at some point some realization from the writers that the over-lapping characters for Johto and Kanto Elite 4 and Champion was just plain lazy/silly. The other updates is pure house cleaning that pays homage to the Anime.

Interesting ideas. I don't want them to do anything involving animé characters like Forrest, especially since the games and anime take place in different continuities.

Also, if they mean to do this as an homage to previous regions, they shouldn't replace characters like Giovanni or Blue with brand new characters. There's really no need to replace them. As far as Steven, he doesn't represent Kanto well at all.

I don't think it needs to be cleaned up or organized by league necessarily. I mean yes, divide them up by region per day of the week, but for Kanto and Johto, I think it makes sense to replace certain overlapping characters with other significant characters from those regions, like say instead of having Lance in the Johto set, have Eusine, not necessarily as champion, just as a trainer who represents the Johto region.

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to them introducing a new member to the Johto Elite Four to give Johto a unique set of Elite Four trainers. However, I think that this should be done in consideration with the 20th anniversary of Pokémon paying homage to Pokémons past. Blue and Giovanni, Brock, they were very important parts of Pokémons past. Forrest is part of the animés past but that's where he should remain, because the games and the animé are separate, and after Pokémon Yellow, I think it's good they remain separate.

I also don't think the overlapping roles were lazy or silly. That was back when Pokémon was still relatively new and we didn't have many of the conventions we have today. Gold and Silver were direct sequels and as such, they kept some of the same trainers for the sake of continuity with Red and Blue. It's simply a case of Early installment weirdness, but for those of us that grew up with it, it was a large part of our cherished memories of our childhood, seeing Lance, Koga and Bruno from the games that started it all, still in the sequels and still being strong trainers.

Last edited:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
What I hope for is they make a transfer mechanic that does not require REAL MONEY. I was discussing with friends how Pokemon Bank was forcing you to pay to transfer your Pokemon to the next games, and I agree with them completely. This BS extra money charge needs to stop, or make a way for us who don't have access to digital money, a way to transfer our Pokemon the traditional way through in game transfer mechanics like Pal Park or Poke Transfer, I don't care if it will require another 3DS, I already plan to get a New 3DS.

Or make a free trial period for the Bank again (because it's a new gen) so everyone will be happy... for a short while.

I don't care if it will require another 3DS, I already plan to get a New 3DS.

Good for you, Bank is still the cheapest option for a good majority of people.

I'm hoping for a tri-type Pokemon. But not as a common thing, just as its individual gimmick. Maybe a lab created Grass-Fire-Water Type? I mean Forest's Curse and Trick-or-Treat proved that the game can handle tri-type Pokemon.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
What I hope for is they make a transfer mechanic that does not require REAL MONEY. I was discussing with friends how Pokemon Bank was forcing you to pay to transfer your Pokemon to the next games, and I agree with them completely. This BS extra money charge needs to stop, or make a way for us who don't have access to digital money, a way to transfer our Pokemon the traditional way through in game transfer mechanics like Pal Park or Poke Transfer, I don't care if it will require another 3DS, I already plan to get a New 3DS.

Or make a free trial period for the Bank again (because it's a new gen) so everyone will be happy... for a short while.

I really don't see the problem with the $5 annual fee. Considering other game systems and networks charge a hell of a lot more. It is for one game franchise, to be sure. But the Pokebank itself could be treated like another standalone game considering it stores an enormous amount of Pokemon and also gives BP and Pokemiles, alongside Pokemon giveaways on occasion.
Should the price remain the same- 10 years from now I will have paid $50 for it. Which does not even match a physical copy of a full price game

Class Zero

We have arrived.

I mean, I understand that everyone's financial positions aren't the same.. but it's £4.50 for a whole friggin' year, that's hella cheap.
And since you're getting a New 3DS, you seem to be able to afford it..

Like, sure, ideally there wouldn't be a charge.. but they're a business, they saw an opportunity to make a bit of money and they took it, rightfully so from a business standpoint. And honestly, it's not too high a cost for a useful service. Basically, I don't see them changing it any time soon.

Like, sure, ideally there wouldn't be a charge.. but they're a business, they saw an opportunity to make a bit of money and they took it, rightfully so from a business standpoint. And honestly, it's not too high a cost for a useful service. Basically, I don't see them changing it any time soon.

If they didn't charge the service wouldn't be running, imagine how big the server must be with all its traffic and all the data storage. Plus they have to keep it up due to the fact they've stated that they intend to keep it up from now on.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I mean, I understand that everyone's financial positions aren't the same.. but it's £4.50 for a whole friggin' year, that's hella cheap.
And since you're getting a New 3DS, you seem to be able to afford it..

You guys get my point in half. We don't like how it forces us to PAY DIGITALLY. There may be people who use digital real money, I'm okay with that, but you can't force and the rest of us who are against paying digitally (or don't have access to digital real money) to do that for the same job. Everybody wants to transfer their Pokémon, that includes me, but forcing us to pay in digital money, that's just unfair. This tactic will leave a good amount of people out of the fun.

I will still buy the games, but this won't end here.

You guys get my point in half. We don't like how it forces us to PAY DIGITALLY. There may be people who use digital real money, I'm okay with that, but you can't force and the rest of us who are against paying digitally (or don't have access to digital real money) to do that for the same job. Everybody wants to transfer their Pokémon, that includes me, but forcing us to pay in digital money, that's just unfair. This tactic will leave a good amount of people out of the fun.

I will still buy the games, but this won't end here.

Tbf though, depending on where you're living it's not like a nintendo eShop card is hard to come by, but I think they should at the least create specialized Bank passes that cover the exact amount you need.

LoveMcQueen5683

All I hope that will return is Dexnav, Pokemon Amie and horde battles. If horde battles don't return, EV training will be ruined for me.

Oh and I've been wanting this since gen 4, but I want a VS. Seeker back. They sorta had it in ORAS but I want to use it on everyone, not a select few.

I also want secret bases so I can make blissey bases for quick training.

Of course I have no hopes for any of this.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Tbf though, depending on where you're living it's not like a nintendo eShop card is hard to come by, but I think they should at the least create specialized Bank passes that cover the exact amount you need.

In Europe I only know of UK that has Nintendo e shop cards. And I don't live there.

They have to make Nintendo e shop cards available everywhere. I don't have a problem using a Nintendo card.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
All I hope that will return is Dexnav, Pokemon Amie and horde battles. If horde battles don't return, EV training will be ruined for me.

Oh and I've been wanting this since gen 4, but I want a VS. Seeker back. They sorta had it in ORAS but I want to use it on everyone, not a select few.

I also want secret bases so I can make blissey bases for quick training.

Of course I have no hopes for any of this.

I'd say Horde Battles and Pokemon Amie are almost definitely returning..

It's impossible to say whether Dexnav or VS Seeker will come back.. maybe some variation of them will be featured?

And I'd say that secret bases, for now, are going to remain a R/S/E exclusive thing..

Ditto24

I like to see seasons return, rustling grass/shadows on bridges/dust cloud/ripples in water, horde battles (trainer and wild), and sky battles.

Yes to all of these and adding on to seasons, Id like pokemon to become exclusive to these or more common during certain seasons. Same goes for depending it its night or day

Grey Wind

Why is paying digitally a problem? Even if you can't do it yourself, surely you can borrow a debit card from your parents or a friend or something.

Jackjaw

Yes to all of these and adding on to seasons, Id like pokemon to become exclusive to these or more common during certain seasons. Same goes for depending it its night or day

I am personally a huge fan seasonality (and Sawsbuck too), but I get a feeling seasons won't be returning in SuMo. Hawaii's climate is sub-topical to tropical, so the distinctions between Summer/Fall/Winter/Spring are a lot less visible. However they certainly do have wetter and dryer periods during the year so many they might implement something like that. Perhaps during wetter seasons you see certain kinds of pokemon become more available than you would during a dryer season.

I'm personally hoping that along with a more nuanced trainer customization system we also see the "customization" take a step further and allow us to select how our character responds in certain situations. For example going beyond the simple "Yes/No" deal and being able to actually interact in a conversation with NPCs as opposed to it being completely one sided. We certainly don't have to go as far as the branching dialogue you can see in the game Oxenfree, but allowing more room to choose how your character acts in addition to how they look would be a neat feature.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
We need the VS seeker back tbh. Yes the EXP Share pretty much replaced it's purpose but I always loved the rebattling mechanic in the games and seeing how the trainers improve.

goodpeople25

An EXP source and an EXP enhancer are not the same thing and are not mutually exclusive as ORAS showed, considering it had a updated version of one of the precursors to the vs seeker.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
An EXP source and an EXP enhancer are not the same thing and are not mutually exclusive as ORAS showed, considering it had a updated version of one of the precursors to the vs seeker.

I mean the reason that the VS seeker was used was to train a little easier and essentially, the EXP share kind of got rid of the need for that.

goodpeople25

If you say so, i still don't quite get how people see an increase in getting Exp meaning that soruces of Exp mean alot less and don't have a need. Sure they are almost certainly affected just not significantly (and in a game with this many variables nearly every thing can effect another thing) . But then I can't really remember how the VS seeker made training easier in the first place, and what stage of the game it was used, I don't remember using it till late/post game and i think it more for lols than being a better spot.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
If you say so, i still don't quite get how people see an increase in getting Exp meaning that soruces of Exp mean alot less and don't have a need. Sure they are almost certainly affected just not significantly (and in a game with this many variables nearly every thing can effect another thing) . But then I can't really remember how the VS seeker made training easier in the first place, and what stage of the game it was used, I don't remember using it till late/post game and i think it more for lols than being a better spot.

Considering you can go back and battle any trainer as much as you want, it made training a lot easier as the trainers give more EXP then the wild pokemon do. Plus you got them pretty early on in the games so you can train newly caught pokemon really easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.