• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I've always just thought it, or some new spider they make in the future, should be given the ability Anticipation. I think that a more subtle nod is more fun than just flat out making an ability called Spider Sense. The Japanese name of Anticipation fits even better, as it's called Danger Premonition.

That's cool and all, but the whole point of my post was to get Ariados out of the depths of PU. It is completely rolled over and it shouldn't be. Huge movepool, great typing, aesthetically I obviously love its design, but those stats and abilities don't cut it. Even with +1 Bug moves, it's going to get knocked around, but it has a lot better chance of firing off Sticky Web and Megahorn before it goes down. In-game, yeah it's OK, but can't even use it well even in Battle Tower, etc.

What I hope for is they make a transfer mechanic that does not require REAL MONEY. (...)

Amen to that! I don't have internet where I live, and driving to transfer Pokémon along with a $5 service charge per year is just nuts for me. So far, I've spent $15 to keep Bank around, plus the cost of gas, etc. Let's a least keep the surcharge out, they can check my carts all they want if it comes down to it.

All I hope that will return is Dexnav, Pokemon Amie and horde battles. If horde battles don't return, EV training will be ruined for me.

Oh and I've been wanting this since gen 4, but I want a VS. Seeker back. They sorta had it in ORAS but I want to use it on everyone, not a select few.

I also want secret bases so I can make blissey bases for quick training.

Of course I have no hopes for any of this.

I could see them re-introducing some of these with the 3rd special version, or if there's a remake this gen. They always seem to water down the first carts of each Gen to make the subsequent releases more appealing. Move Tutors and wild held items, I'm looking at you guys!

Bardische

Elegance.
I want a fair amount of distance between gyms this time. The distance between Santalune City and Cyllage City was pretty much the best at what we were going to get in X and Y, or Generation VI as a whole, so the possibility of Alola being a chain of islands instead of a traditional giant landmass is making me excited! Especially since the island revealed is very similar to one of many islands in Hawaii, especially looking extremely similar to O'ahu.

Diving should come back, too! And the games should aim to rectify the aquatic problem in Hoenn where not even post-game changed a good amount of the encounters in the ocean above and below. Since there's Pokemon diversity this time around, it'll be a giant ecosystem of great potential.

Also echoing the Vs. Seeker sentiments, and include Gym Leader rematches or even the PWT, but I doubt that one.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
I definitely want the vs. seeker back. Never mind the exp. your Pokemon will receive, it was a great way of earning your character extra money by winning which is something that the exp. share can't do. Certain trainers in Gen 4 would pay out so much for losing such as rich boys, beauties etc.

Speaking of beauties... can they be designed better than in X/ Y; I thought they were a letdown, they looked miserable.

Can Gen 4's Pokeradar also return rather than the watered down version we got in Gen 6. I got so many shinies in Diamond that way.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Speaking of beauties... can they be designed better than in X/ Y; I thought they were a letdown, they looked miserable.

But they were so chic yet frumpy, just returning from the corner store with a baguette sticking out of every grocery bag! You can't get anymore spontaneously accidental gorgeous hot mess than a baguette sticking out of a paper bag, even if you tried!

Whatever happened to the burglars of Cinnabar, those guys paid out the nose.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I hope they have more than 3 legendary pokemon of the gen because that felt limiting in XY. I wouldn't mind two pseudo-legendaries and three fossil pokemon. Maybe we see both teams in both versions where the opposite team is trying to stop your version of the evil team?

Belgrim

Um, both teams? How do you know there will be a "both" lol. Also, I'd like for the PSS system to return hopefully. It's an amazing system and I love it! Also bring Pokemon amie and Super Training as it was the perfect way for checking your EV spread.

knightwolf09

More outfit choices for boys. I know were're a lot simpler than girls in terms of wardrobe, but at least try to be more expansive.

Pelippal

I want a fair amount of distance between gyms this time. The distance between Santalune City and Cyllage City was pretty much the best at what we were going to get in X and Y, or Generation VI as a whole, so the possibility of Alola being a chain of islands instead of a traditional giant landmass is making me excited! Especially since the island revealed is very similar to one of many islands in Hawaii, especially looking extremely similar to O'ahu.

Diving should come back, too! And the games should aim to rectify the aquatic problem in Hoenn where not even post-game changed a good amount of the encounters in the ocean above and below. Since there's Pokemon diversity this time around, it'll be a giant ecosystem of great potential.
I want the distance between gyms to be more like Hoenn, not too short like the rush that is Kalos Gyms 3-6, and not too long like Kalos Gyms 1-2. While it would be nice to have more to explore between gyms, leveling then becomes an issue. I wouldn't mind it, however, so long as it is improved over Kalos.

Also, diving needs to return with more diverse, varied environments and pokémon.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
I think a move that reverses the type effectiveness of the affected Pokemon would be pretty cool..

So everything that would have hit it supereffectively would now be not very effective.. and any of its moves that would have been super effective on you are now not very effective... So basically a localised inverse battle mechanic.

Sour Monster

Looking at the Japanese trailer it's not seeming likely but I really wish we had more character customisation off the bat. Like eye colour etc from the get go.

Cyclone

^ where it all began
Really hoping they go back and boost many Pokemon's stats so that Pokemons' strengths are evened out. I'm tired of all the great designed Pokemon that are unusable in battle. Similar to how they added 10 stat points to several Pokemon in X&Y, do it again, but MORE. They should have a certain kind of standard that every evolved Pokemon must be able to hit. For instance, every evolved Pokemon should have at least 490 base total stats across the board (or higher). Pokemon Equality!!

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
I want a star wars reference somewhere xD we got the it's over 9000! Reference so yeah now i want something from star wars in it :p

The rival sees Lunaala with you.

"That's no moon..."

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Really hoping they go back and boost many Pokemon's stats so that Pokemons' strengths are evened out. I'm tired of all the great designed Pokemon that are unusable in battle. Similar to how they added 10 stat points to several Pokemon in X&Y, do it again, but MORE. They should have a certain kind of standard that every evolved Pokemon must be able to hit. For instance, every evolved Pokemon should have at least 490 base total stats across the board (or higher). Pokemon Equality!!

It'd be nice if they boosted Solrock's and Lunatone's base stats to get more into detail about who. Even though they're opposites and I guess were meant to showcase the double battles, still confuses me why they made Solrock a physical attacker and couldn't just make them both special attackers. So if they mega it, please make it a mixed attacker.
The 490 base stats for all pokemon might be a little over the top due to certain movepools and abilities and items that make pokemon useable, and it is a weird idea imo, but I understand why that's wanted.

On a second note: does anyone know how oftenthey boost stats or do they just randomly decide that a pokemon could use a stat boost? Is it something the competitive players ask for?

It'd be nice if they boosted Solrock's and Lunatone's base stats to get more into detail about who. Even though they're opposites and I guess were meant to showcase the double battles, still confuses me why they made Solrock a physical attacker and couldn't just make them both special attackers. So if they mega it, please make it a mixed attacker.
The 490 base stats for all pokemon might be a little over the top due to certain movepools and abilities and items that make pokemon useable, and it is a weird idea imo, but I understand why that's wanted.

On a second note: does anyone know how oftenthey boost stats or do they just randomly decide that a pokemon could use a stat boost? Is it something the competitive players ask for?

Only ever happened in XY, and then no boost was higher than 10BS, except for Pikachu who got 20 since it's Pikachu.
Aside from that the only altering of BST were when they split Special into two stats.

On a related note; I hope they finally give Mega Alakazam +10 so that it will have the same +100 bonus as literally every other Mega Evolution.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Only ever happened in XY, and then no boost was higher than 10BS, except for Pikachu who got 20 since it's Pikachu.
Aside from that the only altering of BST were when they split Special into two stats.

On a related note; I hope they finally give Mega Alakazam +10 so that it will have the same +100 bonus as literally every other Mega Evolution.

oh wow, here I thought since everyone talks about it that it happens randomly with each new gen. But that is good to note that it is more unlikely than likely then eh?
Do we know why Alakazam didn't get the extra 10 bonus?

For solrock and Lunatone it'd also be cool if they got a secret really strong boost from holding a sun stone or a moon stone (yeah it'd a weird idea), or they could make up a new item they could hold that would power them up. Or if they get some cool new ability that will help them I'd be more than happy. Pokemon sun and moon has really gotten me into Solrock.

oh wow, here I thought since everyone talks about it that it happens randomly with each new gen. But that is good to note that it is more unlikely than likely then eh?
Yeah, pretty much.
Alakazam was one of those pokémon that got a boost in BST in XY from 490 to 500. Mega Alakazam is at 590BST.
So while we don't have any official statement it is very likely they first made the Mega spread and forgot to update it when they later decided to give regular Alakazam a BST boost. So I hope they "fix" that instead of just ignoring it.

MrTharne

The most common answer is : For XY Alakazam received a +10 BS to SpDef if I recall, so the Mega only gives him +90 BS to balance this out.
Funny thing is : Beedrill, Pidgeot and Ampharos also got +10 BS in XY, but received a +100 Mega in ORAS. Maybe those three Mega were not in the work at the time, so the +10 in XY was just a buff like the one to the other.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Yeah, pretty much.
Alakazam was one of those pokémon that got a boost in BST in XY from 490 to 500. Mega Alakazam is at 590BST.
So while we don't have any official statement it is very likely they first made the Mega spread and forgot to update it when they later decided to give regular Alakazam a BST boost. So I hope they "fix" that instead of just ignoring it.

The most common answer is : For XY Alakazam received a +10 BS to SpDef if I recall, so the Mega only gives him +90 BS to balance this out.
Funny thing is : Beedrill, Pidgeot and Ampharos also got +10 BS in XY, but received a +100 Mega in ORAS. Maybe those three Mega were not in the work at the time, so the +10 in XY was just a buff like the one to the other.

thanks friends :)

If anything they could have made gengar lose 10 bst..

this is coming from me never being able to take down a gengar in online battles...

but to an actual note: I think they should make an ability that powers up the pokemon if they're fighting legendaries. Would be soo good for fighting the players who only use all legendaries in their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.