• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzroen

Dragon Trainer
since we are having pokemon from all kinds of regions again I hope we get a second starter in the early game, like in XY. I'd love to have a Johto starter again :)

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
since we are having pokemon from all kinds of regions again I hope we get a second starter in the early game, like in XY. I'd love to have a Johto starter again :)

Hmmm... it would be interesting to received a set of starter for every island.
Gen 7, 2, 4, and 5 for the main islands. Gen 1, 3, and 6 for post-game.

Of course, I don't think this would happen.

Achernar

star-mapping pro
I hope there would be a legendary pokemon like shenlong of Dragon ball wherein this pokemon would appear after you gathered 7 mystical objects hidden in Alola at a certain place.

The Flash

I like shorts!
Probably already said at some point, but I'd like to see HM's become Key Items. I don't know how it would work, but maybe something like Surf becoming Surfboard or something. Give me my 6th Pokemon back.

As I have grown up a significant amount since my heavy pokemon days almost a decade ago, I'd love to see them expand the Experience Share more. I loved how it was every pokemon on the team, but it'd be neat to select who you want to gain experience. It's also fine the way it is now. One of the better innovations that allows adults like myself to still make progress in the game without playing it for countless hours.

I loved how in X and Y you were given a Kanto starter. I want more things like that. The starter pokemon are always my favorites, and I'd love to see you be able to pick up a 2nd generation starter for your play through.

Continuing to make old pokemon relevant again. Vileplume is actually useable now.

Unrelated, but I really want Gen II games to get remade before diamond and pearl do. I know they just did 6 years ago, but I can only imagine how good Johto and Kanto would be with the updated graphics.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Probably already said at some point, but I'd like to see HM's become Key Items. I don't know how it would work, but maybe something like Surf becoming Surfboard or something. Give me my 6th Pokemon back.

I can't begin to say how much I would hate that change. Doing that would serve to devalue your Pokemon. Instead of working together with your Pokemon to overcome an obstacle, you'd just be pulling out an item. It would be a change that goes against the core values of the series. If HMs must be changed, there are much better ways to change them, such as field abilities, which accomplish what you want, but still use the Pokemon.

And, by the way, no one ever said you have to use your sixth Pokemon as an HM slave. It is very easy to spread the needed HM moves across your team and have them be barely noticeable. Maybe it's not perfect, but if you want a team of six usable Pokemon, it's a better option than an HM slave.

The Flash

I like shorts!
I would agree with you if most HM moves weren't garbage. I really appreciated Kalos for going back to 5. It made the games tolerable again.

Cut is terrible.
Fly is good (not a fan of the two turns though).
Surf is arguably the best.
Strength is good. (Would've been better if it was fighting type)
Waterfall is a very close second.

Dive was basically the water version of fly.
Flash was a joke.
Rock Smash is too weak to be useful.
Whirlpool was the same way.
DeFog (Literally the worst part of Gen IV).
Rock Climb I group with Dive and Whirlpool. One off HM's that did nothing but be an annoyance to the player.

I do admit that I forgot that Kalos returned to 5 HM's, and then had Rock Smash and Flash as TM's. If it's kept at no more than 5-6 I'd be happy, otherwise it becomes a chore.

Ascended Dialga

- A difficulty setting
- More character customization options
- A Dark-type Gym
- Some kind of alternative to Fly (like how ORAS had soaring) and maybe alternatives to other HM moves as well.
- More Mega Evolutions (*crosses fingers for the Johto starters*)
- An after-game episode centered on Zygarde.
- A music player (Why don't we have one of these already??? In such a beloved franchise with such distinctive music, you'd think there would be a music player in a main game by now.)
- An addition to Pokémon-Amie that allows you to hug your Pokémon.
- An optional Pokémon battle against Pulseman. His team consists of Ledian, Bisharp, Gallade, Rotom, and Raichu (which knows Volt Tackle).

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I would agree with you if most HM moves weren't garbage. I really appreciated Kalos for going back to 5. It made the games tolerable again.

Cut is terrible.
Fly is good (not a fan of the two turns though).
Surf is arguably the best.
Strength is good. (Would've been better if it was fighting type)
Waterfall is a very close second.

Dive was basically the water version of fly.
Flash was a joke.
Rock Smash is too weak to be useful.
Whirlpool was the same way.
DeFog (Literally the worst part of Gen IV).
Rock Climb I group with Dive and Whirlpool. One off HM's that did nothing but be an annoyance to the player.

I do admit that I forgot that Kalos returned to 5 HM's, and then had Rock Smash and Flash as TM's. If it's kept at no more than 5-6 I'd be happy, otherwise it becomes a chore.

To each his own, but I don't mind giving up moves on my teams for HMs because I think the HMs are much more meaningful for the series. I actually have not appreciated the lack of HMs in Unova and Kalos, as I'd much rather use my Pokemon to solve a puzzle or get past a roadblock than have some random road block that moves itself once I beat a gym or complete a task. It just feels better and more fulfilling to me.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
I'd much rather use my Pokemon to solve a puzzle or get past a roadblock than have some random road block that moves itself once I beat a gym or complete a task. It just feels better and more fulfilling to me.

There's nothing quite like solving a puzzle. I'm hoping for field abilities as a nice balance between flavour and utility.

RenanSegretti

Renan Segretti
For possible things I want Battle Frontier AND PWT back.
But if I had to choose one it would be Battle Frontier.

Now for impossible thing I think it would be awesome if it was like the mangá. After earning 8 badges you enter the league championship. Only after you win the championship you areable to defy E4 who are the 4 bests trainers who also won the championship in the past but didn't defeat the Champion... After beating all 4 you can battle the Champion and becoming him yourself. The defeated champion then become one of the E4 but for the sake of not having 5 different people in E4, after defeated the champion decline to be one of E4 to do something else... Travel, I don't know.

Finally, when you are the Champion you receive daily (or weekly) chalenges of other trainers (NPCs) who also beat E4.

Don't you think it would be a nice idea? :)

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
I would be ok with something like that. Sounds way more interesting and challenging than the current formula at least.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
For possible things I want Battle Frontier AND PWT back.
But if I had to choose one it would be Battle Frontier.

I doubt we would get both, and it's worth noting that us getting one is extremely unlikely. Even disregarding the recent resentment on Game Freak's part to make a Battle Frontier, you should notice that the Battle Frontiers and Pokemon World Tournament were introduced in Emerald, Platinum, and Black/White 2, all of them being the "third game" of their generation. There is a reason for this. The purpose of the Battle Frontier (or something similar like the Pokemon World Tournament) was to differentiate the third game from the initial pair by adding new features.

Now with that being said, I could maybe see them doing a Pokemon World Tournament type deal for the 20th anniversary, but it still seems unlikely to me.

Charbox

Its a weird wish but I want Drowzee to be in the wild during the main quest. Johto is the last time it was available which is crazy!

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Its a weird wish but I want Drowzee to be in the wild during the main quest. Johto is the last time it was available which is crazy!

After the hundreds which appear in Pokemon GO, this does seem astounding.

Now with that being said, I could maybe see them doing a Pokemon World Tournament type deal for the 20th anniversary, but it still seems unlikely to me.

An alternative might be a Battle Frontier which is attended by those who would be taking part in the PWT. Rather than there being static frontier brains, they could alternate between a few notable characters in the series. This would be consistent lore-wise given that in BW2 we could rebattle the PWT constantly and the trainers were always there, implying they never left.

Last edited:

Ravani Lestari

Game Designer
Pokemon World Tournament of course, and it can be one of the facilities in the Battle Frontier. That would make for a pretty interesting post-game itself.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Battle Frontier is unlikely to ever come back. I think a new battle facility is possible. PWT would be cool to see but I want it to give my pokemon experience points and not BP in my opinion.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Pokemon World Tournament of course, and it can be one of the facilities in the Battle Frontier. That would make for a pretty interesting post-game itself.

In regards the the Battle Frontier and Pokemon World Tournament, I made this post on the last page explaining why that is unlikely:
I doubt we would get both, and it's worth noting that us getting one is extremely unlikely. Even disregarding the recent resentment on Game Freak's part to make a Battle Frontier, you should notice that the Battle Frontiers and Pokemon World Tournament were introduced in Emerald, Platinum, and Black/White 2, all of them being the "third game" of their generation. There is a reason for this. The purpose of the Battle Frontier (or something similar like the Pokemon World Tournament) was to differentiate the third game from the initial pair by adding new features.

Andyomon00

Seer of Doom
I personally would love to see the PWT return for the 20th anniversary. The PWT completely made up for the lack of a battle frontier (that and Whitetree Hollow/Black Tower).

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I personally would love to see the PWT return for the 20th anniversary. The PWT completely made up for the lack of a battle frontier (that and Whitetree Hollow/Black Tower).

Don't get me wrong, I'd absolutely love to see it back, I just don't think it's likely. As a more casual battler, the Battle Frontier never meant much to me, but as a major fan of the franchise in general, the Pokemon World Tournament was absolutely amazing. I'd especially love it if they brought in Elite Four members as well, as I never understood why they weren't there to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.