• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally always thought it made some sense for Goodra's evolution chain to have an inability to surf, seeing as they're more than likely based on soft-bodied gastropods (such as slugs), as well as being made of goo, amongst other reasons.

I mean, other than logical reasons behind the Pokémon itself, if Muk even could surf, wouldn't it lose much of its substance in the water?

NPC

sleep researcher
I hope we get at least 100 brand-new Pokemon.

I hope GameFreak does the same thing as in the previous Gen and raises the base stats of some Pokemon that really need it.

I hope we get some new evolutions for old Pokemon. Actual evolutions, not Mega evolutions.

In fact, I hope we get no new Mega evolutions, we had enough with ORAS.

I hope the concept of regional variants (Alola forms) is maintained in later games, because it's a genius idea.

And, I hope the story is at least mildly interesting and not a total slog.

R_N

I hope GameFreak does the same thing as in the previous Gen and raises the base stats of some Pokemon that really need it.

Latching on to this, I hope they give more than a +10 to some pokemon. I think the ones they did give +10 to are fine and I'm not saying they need to start bumping everything up by like 50 points or anything but like

Delcatty

I've used Delcatty twice for a full run of XD and a full run of Emerald. Delcatty is garbage. It's a pokemon that evolved by stone and has 380 BST. At best this is on the level of Corsola, Mawile & Sableye. And Swadloon
So 3 pokemon who don't evolve (and 2 who mega evolve) and one who is in the middle of a line. Every other stone evolution is better than it and it's using a pretty rare stone to begin with. It's outclassed by basically every other stone evolution, even the more mediocre ones.

Give this thing more stats, please. And maybe fur coat.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Latching on to this, I hope they give more than a +10 to some pokemon. I think the ones they did give +10 to are fine and I'm not saying they need to start bumping everything up by like 50 points or anything but like

Delcatty

I've used Delcatty twice for a full run of XD and a full run of Emerald. Delcatty is garbage. It's a pokemon that evolved by stone and has 380 BST. At best this is on the level of Corsola, Mawile & Sableye. And Swadloon
So 3 pokemon who don't evolve (and 2 who mega evolve) and one who is in the middle of a line. Every other stone evolution is better than it and it's using a pretty rare stone to begin with. It's outclassed by basically every other stone evolution, even the more mediocre ones.

Give this thing more stats, please. And maybe fur coat.

ugh I couldn't agree with you more. Skitty is SO CUTE and I remember using her until I realized how badly she sucks still as a Delcatty.
Like was she supposed to be a gimmick pokemon? Is she just like the cat version of farfetch'd? Or is it literally the useless "pet" of pokemon?

R_N

ugh I couldn't agree with you more. Skitty is SO CUTE and I remember using her until I realized how badly she sucks still as a Delcatty.
Like was she supposed to be a gimmick pokemon? Is she just like the cat version of farfetch'd? Or is it literally the useless "pet" of pokemon?

It's bizzare, there's nothing about the design or concept that screams "This is supposed to suck"

we have plenty of pampered pokemon and that doesn't seem to be the case here. Especially when Skitty is a 1% encounter outside of a swarm and virtually nothing in the region uses one, much less delcatty, except for Wally in his final fight.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

I used a Delcatty (Nickname: Lucky) all through out my first playthrough of Emerald, but she had to be stacked with Hyper Beam, Blizzard, and Thunder to make up for her lack of power.

I used one again when I constructed a randomized team for a B2 run I did, and Lucky 2.0 was hilarious. She had Wonder Skin, so Status moves just constantly missed her, and I'd use this to my advantage against certain opponents by setting up Calm Minds.

I have a lot of fond memories of Delcatty, so I concur. We need it to get something that will give it an edge. A Mega could work, given the right Ability, Typing, and stat spread, seeing as Sableye and Mawile both have the same BST as Delcatty and viable (and ridiculous in Mawile's case) Megas.

lunis the ogre

Ogre of the gourd
Personally, if the shiny charm returns and I don't see why it wouldn't, I hope it raises the chances of shiny pokemon a lot higher than it has in previous generations. I used to trade and clone and trade more and clone more to get my living shiny dex complete, but after all the hacking methods came into play big time in gen 6, I now just want to get the new mons myself.

Which brings me to another thing I hope for. I hope they make hacking a lot harder to figure out this generation. It was so nice at the beginning of x and y knowing that anything I traded for was legit.

lycanadam

Trainer
I would really like to see the rumor that the starters, rockruff, etc have that variety of types/forms in their final evolutions. I think that would be really cool and different
Also Im hoping that character customization includes a lot more clothes, bags, ect

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Again that logic means nothing when we have extremely heavy Pokemon like Tyranitar and Rhydon that don't look like the swimming type, yet they can use Surf. You can't seriously tell me that you can easily imagine those two Pokemon swimming, yet you can't imagine Goodra swimming.

You're right to a degree, but in the end, only Game Freak knows which Pokemon can and can't swim. Even if you don't like it, there still is a reason, so it's unfair to say that it doesn't make sense.

goodpeople25

Is this actually a thing? Anyway Goodra is associated with water, marshy swamp water thus it learns muddy water. Sure it could of learned surf but it didn't. As for reasoning only goomy and sigloo are found surfing (and if I understood correctly are possibly based on a slug which can float so maybe it was it's different method of living in the water) or Goodra got too big and just can't swim (or float) preventing it down the whole line. And while People may have noticed I like precedents, they merely give precedence to getting the move not meaning it has to get it so yeah Rhydon gives precedence for unlikely surfers but not so much for Pokemon who don't get it.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
forgot this wish: a mechanic where field moves can be used by pokemon who could learn them without having to stick the darn useless-in-combat HM on them. PLEASE.

Gizmoa

I would like some breeding/iv resources. I know we get bottle caps for raising iv's, but I'd also like a bottle cap that floors or lowers one chosen iv. I would also like ditto to be able to breed to produce more ditto.... I mean seriously, where do baby ditto even come from? Being able to breed ditto with different iv spreads and natures would make it a lot simpler/use less space on studs from different egg groups. I breed a lot of pokemon and I am constantly misplacing and loosing track of my various studs. I'd also like it if the symbols could be different colors rather than just on and off since it would be nice to have a marking for maxed iv and one for min iv.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
we're calling upon pokemon in the new game to do those things for us :D

Just a reminder, that hasn't been confirmed yet and is just speculation. It does seem likely though.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Just a reminder, that hasn't been confirmed yet and is just speculation. It does seem likely though.

Poke ride is confirmed and it says we can call upon them to surf and smash rocks.
But I guess a few more questions still exist:

will we have HM's at all anymore?
will all HM's be replaced as pokeride or only a few?
Will Hm's be turned into Tm moves?
What about cut, strength, dive, and flash? and dig?
Can we call upon these pokemon at any location?

So until we find out the extent to the pokerides, youre right, we should hold off on saying all HM's are going to be PokeRiding.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I hope for more Dragon alola forms and more pokemon gaining Dragon through alola forms. Also no Dragon loses it's Dragon typing please.

BlitzGirl41

Hi, everyone! Just joined! :)

I am hoping that we can customize our playable character to the same extent as X/Y. I was thoroughly disappointed when OR/AS felt like a step backwards (or at least, I really disliked May's new appearance. Yuck, too girly compared to how she originally looked. Made me wish for customization!).

I am also hoping that Zygarde is not a big part of this game (shocking, I know). Because I have zero interest in it. It doesn't even feel like a Pokemon. At least I like Solgaleo and Lunala better than Yveltal and Xerneas, which felt like robots in a weird way.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Hi, everyone! Just joined! :)

I am hoping that we can customize our playable character to the same extent as X/Y. I was thoroughly disappointed when OR/AS felt like a step backwards (or at least, I really disliked May's new appearance. Yuck, too girly compared to how she originally looked. Made me wish for customization!).

I am also hoping that Zygarde is not a big part of this game (shocking, I know). Because I have zero interest in it. It doesn't even feel like a Pokemon. At least I like Solgaleo and Lunala better than Yveltal and Xerneas, which felt like robots in a weird way.

It is likely that Solgaleo and Lunala is the main focus for the main story. Zygarde would be in post game pokemon and it is considered a pokemon. I think it is the most interesting bit of the games in my opinion.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Poke ride is confirmed and it says we can call upon them to surf and smash rocks.
But I guess a few more questions still exist:

will we have HM's at all anymore?
will all HM's be replaced as pokeride or only a few?
Will Hm's be turned into Tm moves?
What about cut, strength, dive, and flash? and dig?
Can we call upon these pokemon at any location?

So until we find out the extent to the pokerides, youre right, we should hold off on saying all HM's are going to be PokeRiding.

What I meant is we don't know the extent of Pokeride yet. It could very well not serve as a complete replacement for HMs.

Etherion

My biggest wish is that they'd stop with the 'one step forward, two steps backwards' mentality.
Comparing XY to BW/2 - the change from sprites to models was good, but the game had zero plot and close to 0 memorable characters; the overall mechanics are better (the exception being megas), but there's no postgame and almost no challenge.
Does anyone remember ramos? Flare scientists or even lysandre? While unova had its own share of forgettable characters (alder..), the games sidetracked and had you interact with characters. Unova also had the best evil team to date, while kalos...did it even have one?

The challenge, or lack of, is by far the biggest issue. Every game is less challenging than the one that came before it. Challenge mode was a good sign, but then came kalos.

I haven't followed SM news since late june, so I know not whether they showed any hints of fixing these problems, or if the new evil team is yet another rocket.
/rant

Some other things i'd like to see:
-Official nuzlocke support
-The return of chars from previous games like looker, zinnia, emma (the only interesting char from XY)
-Type changes for pokemon like the gummy line (water?) and floette line (grass?) among others
-More breedable legendaries. An idea me and a friend came up with was an ice/dark werewolf that would be able to breed an ice(/fairy) white wolf with its own evo line (basically, a cursed wolf and its purified offspring)
-Atlantis-esque town, underwater. Perhaps the building in the center of the map could be the entrance to the underwater post-game area.

Status
Not open for further replies.