• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
I came up with an idea which is my hope for an Elite-4 type experience in Sun/Moon without an actual E4, although I am mostly suggesting it for fun. There are 18 types, and it's speculated there will be 18 Trial Captains. What if after you defeat each of them those captains were to get together into three groups of six and each contribute one pokemon to make three full teams of mixed pokemon? These would be akin to the first three Elite-4 members, and it would guarantee each battle involves six different types of pokemon. The fourth E4 member could be made up of the pokemon from the four Kahunas and two additional choices. The Champion would be our rival or, by way of major plot twist, Lillie.

I know this has virtually no chance, but I came up with it because I would really love more mixed-type battles. They are more challenging and require more strategy than spamming the one super-effective type/move per Elite 4 member. Still, it's much more likely the Kahunas will be the "E4" of this region.

Luthor

My hope is that there are some pre evolutions for some pokemon. I know not everyone likes them but I always find them an interesting addition and one that fills in clear gaps. I can't be the only one who was surprised we still haven't got a pre evolution for Sawk and Throh for example. Sadly at the moment I don't think we will get any pre evolutions as we haven't had any introduced since gen 4 as far a I recall.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
My hope is that there are some pre evolutions for some pokemon. I know not everyone likes them but I always find them an interesting addition and one that fills in clear gaps. I can't be the only one who was surprised we still haven't got a pre evolution for Sawk and Throh for example. Sadly at the moment I don't think we will get any pre evolutions as we haven't had any introduced since gen 4 as far a I recall.

Sadly, it does look like they've done away with Pre-Evolutions from the last two releases. A few in a generation aren't bad.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I would love a Bug/Ground pokemon. Nincada had that typing, then lost it. I feel it is a good typing. Would love for it to be a tarantula, with poison point. Allow it to learn spikes, toxic spikes, stealth rock, and sticky web. The ultimate hazard setter.

I also wanted a Bug/Water Spider Crab pokemon, but with Crabrawler being a crab and wimpod having bug/water typing, this isn't happening.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I would love a Bug/Ground pokemon. Nincada had that typing, then lost it. I feel it is a good typing. Would love for it to be a tarantula, with poison point. Allow it to learn spikes, toxic spikes, stealth rock, and sticky web. The ultimate hazard setter.

I also wanted a Bug/Water Spider Crab pokemon, but with Crabrawler being a crab and wimpod having bug/water typing, this isn't happening.

Also Sandy Cloak Wormadam, so there's that. But I agree, as it is a pretty fantastic STAB combo. I always thought a mealworm beetle would suit that Typing myself, but a tarantula would be good, too.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Also Sandy Cloak Wormadam, so there's that. But I agree, as it is a pretty fantastic STAB combo. I always thought a mealworm beetle would suit that Typing myself, but a tarantula would be good, too.

I'm so ashamed. I love Wormadam and I forgot about it :(

I also always thought a Termite Queen would make a great bug ground polemon.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
move tutor able to teach pokemon moves only learnable in previous forms. agonizing about what to teach vulpix, as a lot of it won't be changable later.

also shiny sprites so you can easily spot them when looking at your box or if breeding massively.

oh, and not exactly sun and moon in particular, but ability to store items in pokebank. For things like mega stones and breeding supplies, etc.

Last edited:

kanrasan

someone has probably said this, but multiple save files would be cool. probably wont happen, but it'd still be pretty lit

legocole

I really hope that Z moves can make some pokemon change forms and stats. This would make z moves more viable in battle. It would also make the pokemon still retain some power after their move is used up. The z crystal replaces your item so I would think it has to have some lasting effects for some pokemon. What if a pokemon use protect or endure?

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
What if a pokemon use protect or endure?
Referring to Z-Moves? I don't believe those types of moves can be used to activate a Z-Move. Only attacking moves can activate a Z-Move- as far as I'm aware.

If moves like Protect or Mean Look could activate Z-moves, that would give mutliple pokemon way too many coverage options. (Also, Z-move Splash on Magikarp)

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
Referring to Z-Moves? I don't believe those types of moves can be used to activate a Z-Move. Only attacking moves can activate a Z-Move- as far as I'm aware.

If moves like Protect or Mean Look could activate Z-moves, that would give mutliple pokemon way too many coverage options. (Also, Z-move Splash on Magikarp)

I think what legocole was saying was what if the opposing pokemon used protect or endure against your one z move you get in battle

goodpeople25

Magikarp already can use Z-move tackle/flail though, Magikarp is fun to think of in regards to Z moves though, just flying and normal Z moves (it got hydro pump through an event in gen V but who knows how many of those still exist, they could all be evolved by now) weedle and caterpie have better Z move access.

I'm also concerned with status moves activating damaging Z moves, but normal is a lost cause distribution wise already (and I don't really see a problem with it) Return exists so every one would get it. and while having the normal Z move while also having protect(ect) may be an issue I think normal type Z move is on the lower end of the scale)

But yeah I think he meant blocking Z moves.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
I think what legocole was saying was what if the opposing pokemon used protect or endure against your one z move you get in battle

Magikarp already can use Z-move tackle/flail though, Magikarp is fun to think of in regards to Z moves though, just flying and normal Z moves (it got hydro pump through an event in gen V but who knows how many of those still exist, they could all be evolved by now) weedle and caterpie have better Z move access.

I'm also concerned with status moves activating damaging Z moves, but normal is a lost cause distribution wise already (and I don't really see a problem with it) Return exists so every one would get it. and while having the normal Z move while also having protect(ect) may be an issue I think normal type Z move is on the lower end of the scale)

Ah right. As far as what's been shown- I don't think anyone knows what happens to Z-moves if the opponent uses protect. Remains to be seen and confirmed
My guess is that type immunities and abilities may still block Z-moves. But protect/detect/spiky shield/kings shield- I really can't say.

@goodpeople25- Yeah, I would love to have one of those event Magikarp's with Hydro pump or Bounce right now- just for the surprise laugh, haha. I suppose normal type Z-move access is nothing more than a one time boost- though other type moves that only exist as status moves for some Pokemon (Sunny Day, Rest, Toxic) open up a lot of coverage options for so many Pokemon I think it could be considered game-breaking if any move could activate Z-moves

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

I can't wait to see Splash transform into something insane. I mean, wouldn't that be a hilarious Easter egg? Splash becoming a ridiculously powerful Z-Move. It probably won't happen, but it could be a fun little addition, similar to Sunkern's God-like Pokéathlon stats.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I've got three main hopes for this game and some I believe will come in and others, it's just me hoping lol

1) Friend Safari return: This was an amazing feature in XY and I absolutely love it to this day. I could see it coming back because TPC really focus on interacting with others and making friends with these games and Friend Safari pushed a LOT of players to add others for their safaris.

2) Dark/Fairy, Poison/Fairy, Ice/Fire, Ice/Poison, Fairy/Fighting, and Grass/Fire types. I don't care if some of them aren't in this gen, but one or two would be really great!

3) Mega Reuniclus or Alolan Solosis line. I would die of happiness if either happened. All I can do is pray to the Pokemon Gods that it happens lol

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
I'm hoping that the trainer customization options for the female PC are more diverse in these games. Seriously, in Y I can never find an outfit that I really like until I get to Snowbelle City.

I also really want at least one Dark/Fairy type. Not only would it most likely look utterly awesome, the type combination makes complete sense folklorically.

A Dark/Flying Alolan Zubat line, possibly based around the concept of echolocation, would be really cool. Also, give it some design upgrades. Crobat is a great battler, but it's not winning any beauty contests.

And this one's kind of silly, but whatever: When you first leave your hometown, some random NPC should run up to you, say "It's dangerous to go alone! Take this," and give you a key item of some sort, or maybe a Potion.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I'm hoping that the trainer customization options for the female PC are more diverse in these games. Seriously, in Y I can never find an outfit that I really like until I get to Snowbelle City.

I also really want at least one Dark/Fairy type. Not only would it most likely look utterly awesome, the type combination makes complete sense folklorically.

A Dark/Flying Alolan Zubat line, possibly based around the concept of echolocation, would be really cool. Also, give it some design upgrades. Crobat is a great battler, but it's not winning any beauty contests.

And this one's kind of silly, but whatever: When you first leave your hometown, some random NPC should run up to you, say "It's dangerous to go alone! Take this," and give you a key item of some sort, or maybe a Potion.

Really? Not diverse enough? Someone must not have seen the male clothing options :p

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Personally i just hope the Male trainer gets more customization options then in X&Y. Calem had about 1/5 the options Serena had

Also, as i said months ago, no more Friend evolutions. Its just easier to catch a Roselia then wait for a Budew to evolve, for example.

3) Mega Reuniclus or Alolan Solosis line. I would die of happiness if either happened. All I can do is pray to the Pokemon Gods that it happens lol

So far it looks like Mega evolution was an X & Y thing. Unless i missed something. I think Alola forms have replaced them as the new "Thing"

Also, Alolan forms seem to be limited to Kanto only. Small chance of Alolan Solosis at the moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.