• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphalesion

My hope, something I really want to happen is for the Orre region to be mentioned in game, just a single reference would be amazing.

I always wanted a handheld version of XD (with a catchable actual version of Shadow Lugia) or the ability to visit the Orre region within a main series game.

A revamped Orre region might be fun, one that's modeled a little bit closer to RL Arizona (which is more than just desert) and its own population of native pokemon, perhaps with regional variants that have either adapted to the overall dry climate and the large extremes between hot and cold.

Of course that would have very little in common with XD...but I really want a region that's mostly desert, scrub land etc.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
A revamped Orre region might be fun, one that's modeled a little bit closer to RL Arizona (which is more than just desert) and its own population of native pokemon, perhaps with regional variants that have either adapted to the overall dry climate and the large extremes between hot and cold.

Of course that would have very little in common with XD...but I really want a region that's mostly desert, scrub land etc.

Speaking as someone who has lived in Arizona for over a decade, Orre sort of nailed it. Lots of piddly, run down little towns (Willcox, where I used to live, was full of places that looked like Pyrite Town and the Outskirt Stand), with the most pleasant places being up North (like Flagstaff, where I live now). As for any unique species...those were actually already covered by Gen 3 for the most part, with the antlion (Trapinch) and Saguaro cactus (Cacturne), and even a traditional clay doll (Baltoy and, of course, claydol). Other than that, there are just a lot of other varieties of cacti, and species like skunks, deer, etc. that aren't too unique (with a few exceptions, that I'll get too in a moment). I think that Orre is fine as is, with the only Arizona themed Pokemon I'd want to see being a javelina and maybe something referencing copper mining (like a Steel-Type snake that is a literal copperhead).

Julia Artemis

Speaking as someone who has lived in Arizona for over a decade, Orre sort of nailed it. Lots of piddly, run down little towns (Willcox, where I used to live, was full of places that looked like Pyrite Town and the Outskirt Stand), with the most pleasant places being up North (like Flagstaff, where I live now). As for any unique species...those were actually already covered by Gen 3 for the most part, with the antlion (Trapinch) and Saguaro cactus (Cacturne), and even a traditional clay doll (Baltoy and, of course, claydol). Other than that, there are just a lot of other varieties of cacti, and species like skunks, deer, etc. that aren't too unique (with a few exceptions, that I'll get too in a moment). I think that Orre is fine as is, with the only Arizona themed Pokemon I'd want to see being a javelina and maybe something referencing copper mining (like a Steel-Type snake that is a literal copperhead).

That could be really interesting. Like a region that is based off of a desert reigion like the Mohave. Also they can bring in elements of other desert reigion like the Sahara or Gobi deserts and maybe an icy tundra region as well. I really think that would be a cool idea. Maybe in generation 8. Starters could be a Fire Bighorn Sheep, a Water Antelope, and a grass Coyote

Orphalesion

I never actually played DX, I only know that there are trees and woodlands in some parts of Arizona and didn't know that DX reflected that.

What I meant was if Orre was chosen as the region in a main series game, like Fairy Queen suggested, it would have to have its own pokemon you could catch (as opposed to having to steal from other trainers)
As to Orre specific pokemon, couldn't there also be some coyotes? Or a jackalope? They could also dive into some Native folklore and, well into other critters that like deserts or forested mountains.
I just want a dry, deserty region...

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I never actually played DX, I only know that there are trees and woodlands in some parts of Arizona and didn't know that DX reflected that.

What I meant was if Orre was chosen as the region in a main series game, like Fairy Queen suggested, it would have to have its own pokemon you could catch (as opposed to having to steal from other trainers)
As to Orre specific pokemon, couldn't there also be some coyotes? Or a jackalope? They could also dive into some Native folklore and, well into other critters that like deserts or forested mountains.
I just want a dry, deserty region...

I was referring to Agate Village, which was in both games, actually. I didn't mention coyotes only because they are commonplace all over the US (Kansas, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Indiana, etc.), not just in AZ. As for jackalopes, I really do want a Fairy-Type based on one (Jackaleap, anyone?), but that folktale finds its origin in the Northern Midwestern states, like Wyoming and South Dakota. And as for Native American influence, Sigilyph already has the Kachina doll thing going on, so there goes one of the more immediate influences.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I do love the concept of Orre regional variants.

Some pokemon like goldeen/seaking, lumineon, etc could have adapted to be able to swim through sand and become ground types. Also, pokemon that were later introduced that would fit the theme could appear, like maractus, dearling, and skuntank.

It could be cool if they balanced stealing pokemon with catching wild pokemon. Orre had wild pokemon too just super few and only through those spots. But characters like the Cipher bosses and Mirror B. Would be cool in game.

Sephora

yes I'm back
If I can ask for one thing, it'd be that the games are challenging. I don't know about everyone else, but I HATED how easy it was to level up and gain EXP in the newer games with extra boosts. Like I miss the challenge of older games where defeating gym leaders was actually tough and winning against the Elite Four was an accomplishment. Aghh now I enter the Pokemon League with like level 70 Pokemon because they just level up too easily. So a tougher gameplay would be amazing.
AND I've been desperately awaiting a new game with a Battle Frontier/PWT or SOMETHING like that... Please we need a good postgame or I'll cry

Nodame

Misty <3
I would like something that is more interactive with your Pokemon like taking them on walks/feeding them sort of like a more advanced Pokemon-amie. :3

CptScorpion

Scrafty Artist
If I can ask for one thing, it'd be that the games are challenging. I don't know about everyone else, but I HATED how easy it was to level up and gain EXP in the newer games with extra boosts. Like I miss the challenge of older games where defeating gym leaders was actually tough and winning against the Elite Four was an accomplishment. Aghh now I enter the Pokemon League with like level 70 Pokemon because they just level up too easily. So a tougher gameplay would be amazing.
AND I've been desperately awaiting a new game with a Battle Frontier/PWT or SOMETHING like that... Please we need a good postgame or I'll cry

At least it's easier to enter the hall of fame since Generation VI than before. Besides, I actually find the easier to level up thing a good thing after leveling up and defeating the Pokemon League in Pokemon X. However, only Kiloude City was the only new place left to explore, there were no longer any opportunity to make any money nor find any proper battles, and you're ending up financially broke and financially ****ed. I hope there's a good post-game scenario in Pokemon Sun and Moon, hopefully the return of the Sevii Islands.

BlitzGirl41

At least it's easier to enter the hall of fame since Generation VI than before. Besides, I actually find the easier to level up thing a good thing after leveling up and defeating the Pokemon League in Pokemon X. However, only Kiloude City was the only new place left to explore, there were no longer any opportunity to make any money nor find any proper battles, and you're ending up financially broke and financially ****ed. I hope there's a good post-game scenario in Pokemon Sun and Moon, hopefully the return of the Sevii Islands.

If anything, this is my biggest wish for S/M: An expansive, enjoyable post-game. So far, I've only found HG/SS's post-game worth the energy. Everything else can be completed so quickly and then I'm left with nothing else to do since I am not a fan of doing those battle places that give zero XP and money.

SonDaan

Vive Le Vélo
I doubt it, since they were already given Mega Evolutions. At least, I would personally think that a Pokemon either gets a Mega Evo, an Alolan Form, or neither, but not both.

Sounds pretty logical to me...

R_N

I doubt it, since they were already given Mega Evolutions. At least, I would personally think that a Pokemon either gets a Mega Evo, an Alolan Form, or neither, but not both.

No pokemon with a mega has been shown having an Alola form.

For instance...
If we assume that the ones listed on the site (Aracnina, Spearow, etc) are ones not getting Alola forms, then that immediately rules out Pinsir & Gyarados
Alakazam's been spotted in what has to be real battle footage (being used against Gladion's Type Null)
Charizard is seen frequently due to the pokeride stuff. I doubt they'd showcase normal charizard if there was an alola form of it, and I'd equally doubt they'd give one kanto starter an alola form and not all 3.
Butterfree hasn't gotten an Alola Form from what we can tell, and I don't see Beedrill getting both a mega and an alola over it.

We've seen Kangaskhan & Gengar several times but their battles aren't as clear cut in-game like Alakzam's iirc, so I'll admit there's still wiggle room there. Same with Aerodactyl, Slowbro, Pidgeot.

I also suspect any pokemon who evolves into a gen 2 or gen 4 pokemon probably won't get it either, but the only support for that is Zubat didn't get one so it's not a strong argument at this point. I suppose ideally, Alola Forms go to the cross-section of gen 1 pokemon who just haven't been touched significantly. No mega evolution or no evolution.

up front bias: i dont consider pre-evolutions significant so i could see like Clefable getting one like Raichu did

BlitzGirl41

No pokemon with a mega has been shown having an Alola form.

For instance...
If we assume that the ones listed on the site (Aracnina, Spearow, etc) are ones not getting Alola forms, then that immediately rules out Pinsir & Gyarados
Alakazam's been spotted in what has to be real battle footage (being used against Gladion's Type Null)
Charizard is seen frequently due to the pokeride stuff. I doubt they'd showcase normal charizard if there was an alola form of it, and I'd equally doubt they'd give one kanto starter an alola form and not all 3.
Butterfree hasn't gotten an Alola Form from what we can tell, and I don't see Beedrill getting both a mega and an alola over it.

We've seen Kangaskhan & Gengar several times but their battles aren't as clear cut in-game like Alakzam's iirc, so I'll admit there's still wiggle room there. Same with Aerodactyl, Slowbro, Pidgeot.

I also suspect any pokemon who evolves into a gen 2 or gen 4 pokemon probably won't get it either, but the only support for that is Zubat didn't get one so it's not a strong argument at this point. I suppose ideally, Alola Forms go to the cross-section of gen 1 pokemon who just haven't been touched significantly. No mega evolution or no evolution.

up front bias: i dont consider pre-evolutions significant so i could see like Clefable getting one like Raichu did

Yeah, that sounds most likely.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
I'm still hoping other generations get Alolan forms and they are being sly about it by only showing Kanto forms for now. It gives plenty of hype for the mechanic while also allowing some surprise factor when we play the games.

Sabre_King

I'm still hoping other generations get Alolan forms and they are being sly about it by only showing Kanto forms for now. It gives plenty of hype for the mechanic while also allowing some surprise factor when we play the games.

I hope so on this as well, I mean I get its the 20th anniversary and all, but still that's 20 years of pokemon so it should celebrate all the generations, not just the 1st generation.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I hope we can customise the PokeBalls our Pokemon are in. There are so many combinations I want (Starters in Apricorn Balls, Dream Ball Aromatisse and Mienshao, Moon Ball Eevee, etc) but I can't get them without hacking which I don't want to do. I'd love to be able to freely switch what Ball my Pokemon are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.