• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I'm hoping Crabhammer get's a 10% defense drop chance. It's already pretty loaded, but it's also very exclusive to only three families. The primary family of the signature move (Krabby's) makes little use of compared to Crawdaunt's because it doesn't work with the Sheer Force and Life Orb combo. Also, just for sh*ts, I'd like to see the Dewebble line and Slowbro have access to it. It is the Hermit Crab Pokémon after all

Another boost I'd like to see is Telepathy enable Psychic moves to hit Dark-types. Most of the families that get the ability are slow, and only a few are ACTUALLY reliant on their Psychic moves. Musharna and Elgyium being the intended targets. Everything else either doesn't get STAB on it, have FAR better abilities, or in Gardevoir's case, have a Mega. So I think it evens out.

The ability Illuminate should give a 10% evasion modifier for the user. OR, it should prevent Bug-types from switching out of battle. The later is more for flavor, the former is more for actually making it usable. It shouldn't stack with Bright Powder though.

Umbreon should have received Unaware as its Hidden Ability. Inner Forcus is just weak.

Slow Start counter should be 3 turns.

For the love of all things holy, Onix/Steelix need Coil! Even if it's from a special distribution, give this snake line Coil.

I definitely do want to have the dexnav, it was super helpful in determining if you've caught everything in the area without referring to the guidebook or online sources that would spoil the pokemon.

The main feature I want to come back would definitely be diving.

Alola is based on Hawaii, Hawaii is basically a chain of underwater volcanoes whose tops are out of the water. I would love it if there was an underwater volcano to explore in that huge water route in the middle of the map. Coral reefs would be nice too, but imagine if they put a hydrothermal vent down there. There are so many strange and amazing creatures that live near hydrothermal vents in real life, they could really go crazy with the type of pokemon that would be found there. Considering that any pokemon living near a hydrothermal vent would have chemosynthesis as its source of energy rather than photosynthesis, it would be a nice contrast to how prominently the sun and moon affect the surface world in Alola.

WolfCypher

I very much doubt it'll happen, but I'd like for Z-moves to be affected by a task on the touch screen. Like, when the trainer and pokemon do the dance you have to perform a similar movement in time with them with the stylus otherwise the move will be weakened or fail.
With such a powerful move I'd like for it to be harder to pull off than just selecting it from the menu.

I take it you play Yokai Watch?

Luthor

I'm hoping Crabhammer get's a 10% defense drop chance. It's already pretty loaded, but it's also very exclusive to only three families. The primary family of the signature move (Krabby's) makes little use of compared to Crawdaunt's because it doesn't work with the Sheer Force and Life Orb combo. Also, just for sh*ts, I'd like to see the Dewebble line and Slowbro have access to it. It is the Hermit Crab Pokémon after all

Another boost I'd like to see is Telepathy enable Psychic moves to hit Dark-types. Most of the families that get the ability are slow, and only a few are ACTUALLY reliant on their Psychic moves. Musharna and Elgyium being the intended targets. Everything else either doesn't get STAB on it, have FAR better abilities, or in Gardevoir's case, have a Mega. So I think it evens out.

The ability Illuminate should give a 10% evasion modifier for the user. OR, it should prevent Bug-types from switching out of battle. The later is more for flavor, the former is more for actually making it usable. It shouldn't stack with Bright Powder though.

Umbreon should have received Unaware as its Hidden Ability. Inner Forcus is just weak.

For the love of all things holy, Onix/Steelix need Coil! Even if it's from a special distribution, give this snake line Coil.

This all makes perfect sense to me. I like all these idea.

Speaking in relation to the changes in ability It'd also be good if run away guarantees switch out even for Pokemon during a trainer battle ie pokemon with run away can switch out even if under the effect of Shadow Tag.

R_N

Huh? Shauna says hi. She says come watch how to catch pokemon with her and then talks about Serena's/Calem's strong trainer parents and thus knows stuff, Your soon to be rival then says his/her parents have nothing to do with him/her then tells you and Shauna to watch him/her catching a pokemon.

Only questions were afterwards and in regards to Shauna either asking if she can use poke balls too and her in awe that pokemon go in pokeballs. Now that I think about it actually is a pretty good catching tutorial by having Shauna there, it seems more about her (and a bit of rival stuff) to me.

Which one am I thinking of then....BW2? I definitely remember being asked point blank but them still doing the tutorial.

I agree with the distribution but has there been a move that's both increased crit and has a second effect? As you said, the move is already pretty loaded. 90% accurate, 100 base power, increased crit chance, belongs to a good type....
I don't think this makes any sense at all. Nothing about Telepathy implies it would allow it to hit Dark types. All it is using telepathy to anticipate & doge your ally. Just slapping on "can hit dark types" seems a bit much. And saying "but most of them are slow, have other moves, or have a mega" just circles back to "why bother."
I still think an interesting thing to do would be to have it act like Rage Powder or Follow Me on the turn you switch it in. Draw the eye towards it, like how the out of battle effect is increasing the encounter rate. Would be an interesting option for Starmie, Lanturn and possibly Morelull's evolution.

The bug trap idea is pretty good too, though.
Inner Focus is lame, but does Unaware really fit Umbreon? The pokemon that get unaware are kind of ...ahhh...doofy?
If illuminate got some useful change that could be a neat ability, though.

yes! If all the serpents and eels can get it, so should Onix. I'm sure steelix in particular would enjoy the accuracy boost.

wait steelix doesn't get iron defense?

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
@ R_N

Blaze Kick and Poison Tail get the double treatment. The disdain for Crawdaunt over Kingler (and co.) is unreal! It has been that way since RBY, almost to the point of Flareon syndrome. Regardless of what goes down, DD Adaptability Crawdaunt WILL trump anything Kingler's got, but it should still get a better chance in the lower tiers. The incredible ability is completely wasted to Rock Slide and Secret Power. -_-'

About the Telepathy buff; if the Pokémon can sync minds (ala Telepathy) then surely they've already done what Mind's Eye would do. It's just another way of bringing up some neglected souls in a way the makes sense. They have to do better with Illuminate. As it stands it's just a complete nuisance both in the field and with breeding.

R_N

@ R_N

Blaze Kick and Poison Tail get the double treatment. The disdain for Crawdaunt over Kingler (and co.) is unreal! It has been that way since RBY, almost to the point of Flareon syndrome. Regardless of what goes down, DD Adaptability Crawdaunt WILL trump anything Kingler's got, but it should still get a better chance in the lower tiers. The incredible ability is completely wasted to Rock Slide and Secret Power. -_-'
Ah ok. That's fine then.

Also can we get a power buff on Poison Tail?
About the Telepathy buff; if the Pokémon can sync minds (ala Telepathy) then surely they've already done what Mind's Eye would do. It's just another way of bringing up some neglected souls in a way the makes sense. They have to do better with Illuminate. As it stands it's just a complete nuisance both in the field and with breeding.
They aren't syncing their minds they're predicting an attack by your ally specifically. Surf used by an opposing Wishiwashi will still hit you. Telepathy doing both letting you avoid ally attacks and letting you hit opposing dark types feels totally separate.
There should be a separate ability that lets you do that anyway. Scrappy is basically foresight but as an ability (& without accuracy/evasion ignorance)
Also it's Miracle Eye, not Mind's Eye, so I think the implication is a little different. It's certainly not synching up minds there.

goodpeople25

I still don't get what's wrong with posion tail being an early game move. It's a bit of an odd one with it's crit chance and has limited lvl up distribution but you could just give it to newer pokemon or add it to some of those who have it as an egg move.

As for catching tutorials I don't know what you're thinking of, both gen V game's tutorials seem to be right out of the gate before you see wild pokemon. Gen IV is my blindspot so maybe there, or maybe some of Wally got mixed in?

R_N

I still don't get what's wrong with posion tail being an early game move. It's a bit of an odd one with it's crit chance and has limited lvl up distribution but you could just give it to newer pokemon or add it to some of those who have it as an egg move.
As an early game move it would be fine, but for some reason they deemed it a mid-game move either in when its learnt (around the late teens, earl 20s) or when the pokemon is available (Seviper, Skrelp)
As for catching tutorials I don't know what you're thinking of, both gen V game's tutorials seem to be right out of the gate before you see wild pokemon. Gen IV is my blindspot so maybe there, or maybe some of Wally got mixed in?

Maybe i'm just mixing up a bunch of early game questions/tutorials.

goodpeople25

Early game is relative of course. But given the other poison moves and stats of the pokemon who get it I think it's placement and power is fine currently. Distribution needs work sure and the whole type I think could use some looking at but not really posion tail on it's own,

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
That's why I keep saying make Poison Tail 100% critical with 60 bp! It has just as many resists as Storm Throw, a very small distribution, plenty of things are immune to it, as it stands it's an inferior Cross Poison, it already has an increased crit percentage, the list goes on. We have enough early to mid game poison moves and Poison Tail should be better. I know I'm soapboxing the thread, but there's A LOT of room for improvement on some existing stuff. Poison Tail has actually been one of my highest priority retcon wishes, but I figured if I brought it up again an admin would get miffed. So glad somebody else did this time!

legocole

I would like a dolphin pokemon and a giant tiki head pokemon. I can just see Pokémon uploading a video/videos showcasing these two new legendary pokemon and what they look like. A legendary dolphin (possibly the third of the trio) with a gem on it's forehead and standing on it's fin. The gaint tiki head pokemon would probobly laugh during battle. I have seen different places talk about these ideas in different ways. I would like to see these two "idea pokemon" be "real pokemon".

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
My only wish: Make Dunsparce Evolve!
Please, since it's existance it was completely useless and never talked about. Give it something like a cool and strong evolution like Magikarp and Feebas got.

Dialga101010

Dragon Trainer
I doubt Dunsparce will get but an evo, but the little guy does need some serious love.

goodpeople25

I actually liked what they did with dunsparce in recent gens. Seemed interesting to try in Y for at least part of a run given how early it shows up (haven't gotten around to it though) And I liked the idea of it being a rustling grass Pokemon. (though can't really remember any encounters with it)

Tbh sometimes it feels cross gen evolutions are viewed too much as a go to solution by fans.

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
Dunsparce would be downright ridiculous if it got an evolution. Not because of the evo, but access to eviolite.

Anyway, what I'm kind of hoping for is making the completion of the dex a little more convenient by allowing you to fly to a designated habitat of an encountered pokemon without the need of having to leave your dex.

R_N

I actually liked what they did with dunsparce in recent gens. Seemed interesting to try in Y for at least part of a run given how early it shows up (haven't gotten around to it though) And I liked the idea of it being a rustling grass Pokemon. (though can't really remember any encounters with it)

Tbh sometimes it feels cross gen evolutions are viewed too much as a go to solution by fans.

It's the go-to solution because it generally makes pokemon more usable. Well they take the world by storm? Not necessarily, but it's more likely they'll perform more adequately. Dunsparce's biggest claim to fame is being an early game pokemon with 415 BST with Serene Grace, but it's slow, it has a weird number of moves locked behind egg moves and its attacking stats are on the low end of mediocre.

An evolution could give it more options, a more distinct gimmick, a secondary typing (probably ground, honestly, not sure what people's obsessions with making it a dragon are), maybe different abilities.

goodpeople25

I get why people want them and I'm not against some wishful thinking. But some times it just seems cross gens evos are seen as a bit too much more then what they are. And that the games making better use of what they already have is overlooked. (I love the little things)

Luthor

One thing that i'd like is a water typed elemental punch. It just seems like an easy physical water type move to spread around that would suit the theme for pokemon like Poliwrath and give iron fist pokemon a new option.

Status
Not open for further replies.