• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulfurian

The fact that they can increase the stats of a Lvl 100 Pokemon, and the fact they made a big deal about this, very heavily implies that they increase IVs. In Pokemon, there is no "stats" number you can raise. The overall stat is composed of very well-defined components. ie: Base stats, IVs, and EVs. Base stats are determined by Pokemon species, and I'm pretty sure changing those on an individual pokemon would be pretty much impossible without some weird coding problems. EVs are changed by Super Training, so we know bottlecaps aren't doing that. Therefore, if bottlecaps are not literally changing the IVs, and therefore everything that goes along with them (breeding, HP, etc.) it would mean that GF have added an entirely new component, which would be needlessly complicated and make the whole concept of Hyper Training very misleading.

It'd be interesting if GF decides to solve that problem with HP, by simply making the HP set the moment you receive or catch the pokemon, and does not change by increasing the ivs.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Difficulty like B/W. It's all I want for Christmas ..

I liked having the choice of selecting the difficulty level in B2/W2, so I'd definitely be on board with that function coming back in Sun and Moon. I'd like to try playing Sun in challenge mode on my first run cuz the past couple of games have been too simple. :]

scififan21

From what I've heard seems like the start of the games is fairly easy, Still hoping for a difficultly setting all the same.

roserade the warrior

It'd be interesting if GF decides to solve that problem with HP, by simply making the HP set the moment you receive or catch the pokemon, and does not change by increasing the ivs.

This is actually a good, but frightening idea. It would solve the issue quite easily, but will surely make breeding much more difficult (1/17(18 if normal is added for some reason) chances of getting the desired HP), hyper training would solve the IVs problem (to some extent, as you still have to level that pokemon to 100), but how difficult would be to get a single bottle cap? They could even be event exclusive (I hope not).

In any case, something I would like to see is the re-introduction of the kurt-balls, and being able to buy safari balls (the name could be changed to camo ball and have a higher rate for pokemon found on the grass or tall grass) and dream balls (the catch rate is higher if the pokemon is asleep). And breeding them being much more easy.

This is actually a good, but frightening idea. It would solve the issue quite easily, but will surely make breeding much more difficult (1/17(18 if normal is added for some reason) chances of getting the desired HP), hyper training would solve the IVs problem (to some extent, as you still have to level that pokemon to 100), but how difficult would be to get a single bottle cap? They could even be event exclusive (I hope not).

In any case, something I would like to see is the re-introduction of the kurt-balls, and being able to buy safari balls (the name could be changed to camo ball and have a higher rate for pokemon found on the grass or tall grass) and dream balls (the catch rate is higher if the pokemon is asleep). And breeding them being much more easy.

I dont think they meant making IVs independent from HP, just that the HP is set when you catch it, even if IVs are changed
also, as for the balls, i can understand the appricorn balls, but not so much the dream balls or safari balls (IMO there should be a regular safari mid game, and a friend safari late/post game)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
One minor thing I wouldn't mind seeing would be for Sun & Moon to introduce new pokéball designs since we haven't seen any new ones with special abilities since the Dusk Ball & Heal Ball in Gen IV. (I don't really count the Dream Ball since it was more less a gimmick to go along with the Dream World). Plus, since the trailers have shown characters using different pokéball designs such as Team Skull with a Safari Ball and Olivia using an Ultra Ball, this would be a good opportunity to introduce some new ones

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
One minor thing I wouldn't mind seeing would be for Sun & Moon to introduce new pokéball designs since we haven't seen any new ones with special abilities since the Dusk Ball & Heal Ball in Gen IV. (I don't really count the Dream Ball since it was more less a gimmick to go along with the Dream World). Plus, since the trailers have shown characters using different pokéball designs such as Team Skull with a Safari Ball and Olivia using an Ultra Ball, this would be a good opportunity to introduce some new ones

I'd love that. I don't think there is much options left for balls to gain though unless they give some of the HG/SS ball traits to newer balls as you can't really obtain those outside Johto.
Or they can just let us have the Johto balls obtainable for once, like buy them from a specific merchant like how you can buy Casteliacones and Lavaridge Cookies from specific merchants in later games. It'd be neat to see a character using the Johto balls.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'd love that. I don't think there is much options left for balls to gain though unless they give some of the HG/SS ball traits to newer balls as you can't really obtain those outside Johto.
Or they can just let us have the Johto balls obtainable for once, like buy them from a specific merchant like how you can buy Casteliacones and Lavaridge Cookies from specific merchants in later games. It'd be neat to see a character using the Johto balls.
I did see some new ball ideas in a JWittz video and, out of all of them, the two best ideas were a pokéball that helps with catching legendary pokémon and one that's similar to the Dusk Ball since it makes it easier to catch pokémon in the morning and in sunny environments. The idea of either reusing or obtaining the apricorn pokéballs would definitely work too.

Last edited:

Baggie_Saiyan

Hopes.
a) As mentioned in the main thread at least 10 cities with at least 3 trials in each island.
b) difficulty level choices before beginning a game.
c) If it returns then Wonder Trade to sorted in tiers send garbage should get garbage back. Will stop the spam of sending route 1 Mons!
d) 56+hrs to complete main game.

R_N

Hopes.
a) As mentioned in the main thread at least 10 cities with at least 3 trials in each island.
c) If it returns then Wonder Trade to sorted in tiers send garbage should get garbage back. Will stop the spam of sending route 1 Mons!

you want 10 cities per island? because i mean, we've seen the full map and uh...canyon barely has 2, much less room for another 8.

Melemele also doesn't seem to have much room for anything.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I just want the friend safari back. I have xy so if it isnt there i can just shiny hunt on xy but it would suck lol. I never bought oras because there wasnt a friend safari but i love the game so far so im buying it either way.

The Friend Safari should return, but I'd also like if more Pokemon are found in the wild in Sun/Moon like in X/Y. I want each one of Alola's routes to have at least a dozen species of wild Pokemon.

After replaying White 2 recently and now beginning my Black 2 with challenge mode, I really wish they would bring this back. Love the idea of harder difficulty. Also wish for a long and deep story like Black/White 2.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hopes.

I'd rather Wonder Trade just not come back if they did that...... it'd ruin Wonderlockes. Just throw the route 1 garbage back in and try again, not many people do it anyways. I spam it with Luvdisc as I take the heart scales off and throw them into it, and some people throw what they shiny hunt in there. Giving the excess rarer bred away, and is a good way to net a late game mon at a lower level early on in the game.
If they did that, then they need to make a darn filter in the GTS to filter out legendary requests as it's more flooded with those than Wonder Trade is with route 1 mons.

Baggie_Saiyan

I'd rather Wonder Trade just not come back if they did that...... it'd ruin Wonderlockes. Just throw the route 1 garbage back in and try again, not many people do it anyways. I spam it with Luvdisc as I take the heart scales off and throw them into it, and some people throw what they shiny hunt in there. Giving the excess rarer bred away, and is a good way to net a late game mon at a lower level early on in the game.
If they did that, then they need to make a darn filter in the GTS to filter out legendary requests as it's more flooded with those than Wonder Trade is with route 1 mons.
Ah yeah true the GTS is pretty awful I hardly ever used it on XY/ORAS so I forgot about that lol. But yeah that definitely needs fixing too. I'd make it so you can't request legendary unless your listing a fellow legendary.

After replaying White 2 recently and now beginning my Black 2 with challenge mode, I really wish they would bring this back. Love the idea of harder difficulty. Also wish for a long and deep story like Black/White 2.
In my opinion BW2 story was trash compared to BW. In fact BW2 left me very disappointed overall save for a few things but yes the difficulty setting 100% needs to be implemented in S&M from the start not that weird keys systeme used in BW2.

HydroBR

In my opinion BW2 story was trash compared to BW. In fact BW2 left me very disappointed overall save for a few things but yes the difficulty setting 100% needs to be implemented in S&M from the start not that weird keys systeme used in BW2.

I second this entirely. Story-wise, Black/White were the best games in the franchise (at least the main games), and B2/W2 were way worse.
Also, all hopes up for the difficult settings! Even though it's highly unlikely...

Baggie_Saiyan

I second this entirely. Story-wise, Black/White were the best games in the franchise (at least the main games), and B2/W2 were way worse.
Also, all hopes up for the difficult settings! Even though it's highly unlikely...

Oh for sure. BW was also probably the only time I wasnt annoyed whenever story popped up.

From what I've seen/heard so far seems they're investing a lot in the story portion of SM so hopefully it's good!

Status
Not open for further replies.