• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I'm not really sure why Battle Frontier hasn't resurged. It is the most talked about in-game battle facility since 2005, and we truly all believed it was coming back bigger and better in ORAS. It was alluded to on the island even! Again, just too many mysteries with Generation VI and there's no real reasons as to why they occured. Gen V was obvious, poor timing with the golden years of the DS and the harkening of the 3DS. But no Z? No Battle Resort? No 3,000 year Floette? I pray GF doesn't halt compatibilty of Box with Gen VI when VII debuts in three weeks, or there will be riots on the streets!

So yes, I too hope we get more in the line of PWT and a battle facility greater than the Maison.

R_N

I'm not really sure why Battle Frontier hasn't resurged. It is the most talked about in-game battle facility since 2005, and we truly all believed it was coming back bigger and better in ORAS. It was alluded to on the island even! Again, just too many mysteries with Generation VI and there's no real reasons as to why they occured. Gen V was obvious, poor timing with the golden years of the DS and the harkening of the 3DS. But no Z? No Battle Resort? No 3,000 year Floette? I pray GF doesn't halt compatibilty of Box with Gen VI when VII debuts in three weeks, or there will be riots on the streets!

So yes, I too hope we get more in the line of PWT and a battle facility greater than the Maison.

They said in interviews that it didnt come back because most players wouldn't play it.

so don't hold your breath for anything more than "Battle Tower, but with Cameos"

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I see no reason to ditch it, I just hope they "fix" it, preference is to group Mons in tiers, you get what you put in, wanna spam Zigzagoon here have a Wurmple, trading off a Groudon here's someone with a Kyogre!

That would be so stupid. And kill the point of Wonderlockes.
You'd be waiting all day to send off your Groudon.
Some people throw things in there to give away.
Tier locking would ruin the best trading system they've ever done.

TranquilSea

They said in interviews that it didnt come back because most players wouldn't play it.

so don't hold your breath for anything more than "Battle Tower, but with Cameos"
To be fair, that could be interpreted as PR speak. OR/AS just came out so they were mainly focused in talking about decisions specific to OR/AS. It's similar to how they justified the exclusion of character customization in OR/AS. Rather than saying it might be back in a future game, they focused entirely on a reason for why it was in X/Y but not OR/AS.

Having said that, I'm firmly in the no Battle Frontier for Sun/Moon camp. Could it come back later? Sure, why not. But we're definitely not seeing it this year, and I assume its biggest fans will be even more salty now at how that teasing in OR/AS hasn't amounted to anything.

willprogresivo

Creepy Uncle
I just wish more people would see that IV Training goes against the very idea of what IVs are (natural characteristics or genes) and just don't change them at all. To me it makes sense that you have to breed a lot of pokemon to obtain that one fine specimen born with the ideal genes. Having a pokemon born with poor IVs and putting them through a "training" that changes how they were born? Makes no sense. I never bred for IVs myself but it doesn't look too difficult in the 6th Gen considering how breeding has always been about playing the odds and it's always been about putting the time to get that one perfect pokemon. People should still bred for IVs instead of using this silly mechanic. I will not use IV training and I hope it doesn't appear in future core-series games. Nevermind my rant.

TranquilSea

I just wish more people would see that IV Training goes against the very idea of what IVs are (natural characteristics or genes) and just don't change them at all. To me it makes sense that you have to breed a lot of pokemon to obtain that one fine specimen born with the ideal genes. Having a pokemon born with poor IVs and putting them through a "training" that changes how they were born? Makes no sense. I never bred for IVs myself but it doesn't look too difficult in the 6th Gen considering how breeding has always been about playing the odds and it's always been about putting the time to get that one perfect pokemon. People should still bred for IVs instead of using this silly mechanic. I will not use IV training and I hope it doesn't appear in future core-series games. Nevermind my rant.
While IVs as they were (i.e. unchangeable) makes sense from a purely casual standpoint, there's an undeniable competitive crowd that puts the work into perfecting IVs and releasing everything that falls below perfection. With the continued emphasis on multiplayer and the perception of perfect IVs mattering a whole lot, I think it was the right decision to make. Remember that not all Pokemon can be bred. OR/AS had a lot of postgame legendaries that some people spent ridiculous amounts of time soft resetting for.

willprogresivo

Creepy Uncle
With that logic, why not make "pkhex" an actual game mechanic in the game? Just make your own perfect pokemon...

iv training, the same as a potential "nature changer" (as someone else suggested) makes no sense. Use them if you want, but I sure won't. Pokemon's IVs are how they are born. EVs are how they grow. To me it's that simple.

knightwolf09

Anybody agree with me that we need an HA capsule? Ability capsule are kind dumb when you can just capture a pokemon with the ability you need. I'd say it's long overdue to just have an item that switches to your hidden ability rather than go through tedious effort to get it.

misunderstoodhero

With that logic, why not make "pkhex" an actual game mechanic in the game? Just make your own perfect pokemon...

iv training, the same as a potential "nature changer" (as someone else suggested) makes no sense. Use them if you want, but I sure won't. Pokemon's IVs are how they are born. EVs are how they grow. To me it's that simple.

I seriously doubt anyone cares. For all it might seem illogical to you, being able to change IVs in-game is a lot more in keeping with the themes of Pokemon then in-breeding thousands of creatures just to get a genetically perfect one. We've constantly been told that Pokemon can overcome their limitations with the help of a good trainer and a strong bond and up until now, thats mostly been a complete lie. Now we're finally having that theme reinforced by gameplay mechanics, which is good game design IMO

You're completely free to not use it if its not your thing. But complaining about and actively wishing the removal of a feature that a lot of players are happy about comes across very short-sighted and selfish.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
Anybody agree with me that we need an HA capsule? Ability capsule are kind dumb when you can just capture a pokemon with the ability you need. I'd say it's long overdue to just have an item that switches to your hidden ability rather than go through tedious effort to get it.

Except, as I've stated before, when you're breeding for a shiny pokemon and it finally happens, but has the wrong ability, the Ability Capsule is extremely handy. Now, a Hidden Ability capsule would be great, but I think that defeats the purpose of the HA's being rare. (Although it would make breeding my shiny, HA Litten much easier)

Except, as I've stated before, when you're breeding for a shiny pokemon and it finally happens, but has the wrong ability, the Ability Capsule is extremely handy. Now, a Hidden Ability capsule would be great, but I think that defeats the purpose of the HA's being rare. (Although it would make breeding my shiny, HA Litten much easier)

Maybe an HA capsule would be rarer and more expensive...

willprogresivo

Creepy Uncle
I seriously doubt anyone cares. For all it might seem illogical to you, being able to change IVs in-game is a lot more in keeping with the themes of Pokemon then in-breeding thousands of creatures just to get a genetically perfect one. We've constantly been told that Pokemon can overcome their limitations with the help of a good trainer and a strong bond and up until now, thats mostly been a complete lie. Now we're finally having that theme reinforced by gameplay mechanics, which is good game design IMO

You're completely free to not use it if its not your thing. But complaining about and actively wishing the removal of a feature that a lot of players are happy about comes across very short-sighted and selfish.

Yeah, pokemon can beat their limitations... by training with their trainer. That's what EVs are. IVs are how they are born. Sorry but you won't get that argument across with me. IV training literally redefines what IVs are. It's ok if you like it: but call it what it is. Redifining what IVs are.

HydroBR

Yeah, pokemon can beat their limitations... by training with their trainer. That's what EVs are. IVs are how they are born. Sorry but you won't get that argument across with me. IV training literally redefines what IVs are. It's ok if you like it: but call it what it is. Redifining what IVs are.

EVs are "Effort Values". It's what you achieve by regular training, your specialty. That's why starts at 0. By getting it to 252, a Pokémon is not "exceeding its limitation", it's specializing in that stat.

IVs, "Individual Values", are something the Pokémon is born with, defining if it's naturally faster, stronger or bulkier. It's kinda like it's genetic code. It's a "personal", even "biological" limitation, since one is born and dies with it intact.

Yeah, it made sense for IVs to be permanent, but it also makes plenty of sense for a Pokémon, along with a Trainer it trusts, and after achieving what used to be its "maximum" (level 100), to surpass those "genetic" limits through a special training.
Maybe it doesn't make sense for a "real world logic", but it's perfectly fine for a "Pokémon logic".

If something about all those mechanics makes absolutely no sense is resetting EVs, since it's like "forgetting" or "unlearning", specially making it through eating Berries and punching bags. But hey, it's a game. Remember the 4-moves limitation, that also makes no sense, and chill.

I'd even go as far as to make Hyper Training accessible before level 100, maybe by maxing friendship, or Refresh, just for the sake of convenience.
Damn, for that matter, we could even manipulate Hidden Power through a similar method. We'd give the Pokémon along with some special items (shards, bottle caps, whatever), and come back after maybe 1 day or so, and the NPC would have trained it to learn a new Hidden Power.

Now, if we were talking about manipulating natures, that really would sound a stretch. Weird, actually. And it's not really necessary, since it's the most easily achieved of all aspects of a Pokémon. But again, it's a game, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if GF decided to make it manipulable.

EDIT: The idea of changing the benefited and hindered stats through a Psychic NPC solves the problem. I'm all in for that!
For a HA capsule, it would be cool to have it, but being extremely rare. Like, you get only one in-game, some legendaries/mythicals holding it on certain give-aways, maybe as a prize for participating on the tournaments, and so on. Something rare enough to only be used on those special shiny Pokémons that happened to come with the wrong ability.

Last edited:

Prankman

A HA Capsule would be nice now simply because they're not even truly "hidden" abilities anymore, just a pain in the rear to get. I didn't really care about them back in Gen V because the only way to get them was through the short-lived web browser mini-games , and the amount of Pokemon that had them was few and far between. Now, virtually any Pokemon in the game has its HA available just by grinding them out through the DexNav in ORAS or through the Friend Safari in XY. At that point, you might as well just make it a third ability and be done with it. Make it a bit more difficult to obtain maybe, but still. So many Mons have useless HAs anyway, its not like it'd break the game to make them more readily available.

One of my biggest issues with the games thus far is that unless you put the story on hold while you catch and breed perfect Pokemon, the Pokemon you spend the majority of the game with end up largely out-classed and useless. I caught a Poochyena with the DexNav really early on that had Fire Fang, but had Quick Feet as its ability. I spent a long time breeding for one with both Fire Fang and Run Away so it'd get Intimidate upon leveling up. So the one that I captured ended up boxed forever as breeding fodder, and even lost Fire Fang during the breeding process so even if I wanted to use it again, I'd have to come up with a different moveset than intended for it.

Expanding from that, I have a Roserade in Y that I ended up removing Toxic Spikes from in order to try other moves on it. It's still really good, but I can no longer get that move back and try it as a trap setter, I would have to breed another one, because Heart Scales don't apply to pre-evolution moves for some reason. I have a Gallade in my Y version that turns out to have 0 Special Defense IVs, and I didn't find that out until I'd already beaten the game with it on my team. Now, if I want to use the Pokemon that I actually have some attachment to, I have to settle for my intended Special tank not being up to spec. The latter can be dealt with now in SuMo, and I'm hoping some of the other stuff becomes easier as well. It doesn't encourage much experimentation in the metagame when you can't swap between moves, Natures or certain abilities without spending hours breeding and training up new Pokemon. And don't get me started on how grueling it is to soft reset for every Legendary. Give us enough stuff so that we can just catch a Legendary and "fix" any issues with them later on (Natures and IVs specifically), and I'll be happy.

DSDark

Breeder
A HA Capsule would be nice now simply because they're not even truly "hidden" abilities anymore, just a pain in the rear to get. I didn't really care about them back in Gen V because the only way to get them was through the short-lived web browser mini-games , and the amount of Pokemon that had them was few and far between. Now, virtually any Pokemon in the game has its HA available just by grinding them out through the DexNav in ORAS or through the Friend Safari in XY. At that point, you might as well just make it a third ability and be done with it. Make it a bit more difficult to obtain maybe, but still. So many Mons have useless HAs anyway, its not like it'd break the game to make them more readily available.

One of my biggest issues with the games thus far is that unless you put the story on hold while you catch and breed perfect Pokemon, the Pokemon you spend the majority of the game with end up largely out-classed and useless. I caught a Poochyena with the DexNav really early on that had Fire Fang, but had Quick Feet as its ability. I spent a long time breeding for one with both Fire Fang and Run Away so it'd get Intimidate upon leveling up. So the one that I captured ended up boxed forever as breeding fodder, and even lost Fire Fang during the breeding process so even if I wanted to use it again, I'd have to come up with a different moveset than intended for it.

Expanding from that, I have a Roserade in Y that I ended up removing Toxic Spikes from in order to try other moves on it. It's still really good, but I can no longer get that move back and try it as a trap setter, I would have to breed another one, because Heart Scales don't apply to pre-evolution moves for some reason. I have a Gallade in my Y version that turns out to have 0 Special Defense IVs, and I didn't find that out until I'd already beaten the game with it on my team. Now, if I want to use the Pokemon that I actually have some attachment to, I have to settle for my intended Special tank not being up to spec. The latter can be dealt with now in SuMo, and I'm hoping some of the other stuff becomes easier as well. It doesn't encourage much experimentation in the metagame when you can't swap between moves, Natures or certain abilities without spending hours breeding and training up new Pokemon. And don't get me started on how grueling it is to soft reset for every Legendary. Give us enough stuff so that we can just catch a Legendary and "fix" any issues with them later on (Natures and IVs specifically), and I'll be happy.

What your asking for would make breeding and eving to simple. You're supposed to work for your super strong Pokemon

flashtone

Okay, guys. Just ask Gamefreak to include a Pokeditor next game. Just to make it real easy and convenient for players.

Geez.

GF would never make in-game editors, but the concept of it made me lol anyways
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone knows if these bottle cap items are obtainable through regular gameplay or not, so if we only got a few from NPC's, save them for what you consider needing them the most
i.e: imperfect shinies, ditto (for breeding purposes) and legendaries

Akashin

GF would never make in-game editors, but the concept of it made me lol anyways
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone knows if these bottle cap items are obtainable through regular gameplay or not, so if we only got a few from NPC's, save them for what you consider needing them the most
i.e: imperfect shinies, ditto (for breeding purposes) and legendaries

Something like bottle caps won't be limited like that. Difficult to come across perhaps, but not inherently limited.

R_N

Something like bottle caps won't be limited like that. Difficult to come across perhaps, but not inherently limited.

Like most battle-related specialty items, i'm guessing bottlecaps and the golden bottlecaps will be at the battle tree shop for an exorbitant fee

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Like most battle-related specialty items, i'm guessing bottlecaps and the golden bottlecaps will be at the battle tree shop for an exorbitant fee

Probably. I could seeing less effective bottlecaps being found elsewhere (maybe you can use Stoutland to comb beaches for old rusty caps, for instance), but Silver and Gold Bottlecaps will be likely found almost exclusively via Event and in exchange for BP. Between that possibility and Mega Stones being purchasable with BP, I'm glad I've been letting it build in my Bank for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.