• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prankman

If GF wanted to be really evil, they'd introduce a Sun Ball as the counterpart to the Dusk Ball, then make the Sun Ball only available in Moon and the Dusk Ball only available in Sun.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
We have seen wonder trade in trailers, they just didn't go out of their way to talk about it

Oh it is? That's great! I guess I just didn't notice. I mostly noticed just actual trades.

Swordsman4

My biggest hope is that the AI at the Battle Tree isn't rigged like the Battle Maison.

All jokes aside, I hope we get some good post game content and that we get gyms since a league was hinted in the trailer.

Totally agree on 2. ORAS only added a few tutors to make up for the lost TMs, so come on guys...stop saving those for the follow up game(s). AT LEAST LET US HAVE THE PUNCHES FROM THE START

for 4, i would be highly surprised if they don't bring back N. He's had time to travel and bond with pokemon and BW2 shows he's not objecting to fighting with his friends.
also he';s like super popular

Exactly. If N is not back with a 3D Sprite and if I can't battle alongside him I will kill GF.

WolfeyStar

Ganbaruby!
making pokeballs again with the berrys

Apricorn balls! YES! Would love to see that again!

Personally, I'd love to see all the previous rivals, gym leaders, and champions return in the battle tree. I'm hoping it's just not "popular characters." (Cynthia, Red, Blue, etc.)

Griever789

I hope their a way to evolve certain pokemon that evolve into aloha pokemon into their normal form, just incase someone wants to use the regular executor or marrowak...

The train on compilation that was just released gave me intense chills. Loved it.

But whatever happens, I don't want a Kanto return. I think the guy there is purely in Japan for the sake of "ooh he remembers him" and not "holy s**t we're going to Kanto" foreshadowing.

I just want Steven, Wallace and N to be in the battle tree.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
I hope their a way to evolve certain pokemon that evolve into aloha pokemon into their normal form, just incase someone wants to use the regular executor or marrowak...

My guess would be a special area that lacks the tropical climate as a small post-game route/area.
But with how much they've been pushing the forms in media I actually wouldn't be surprised if regular forms were unavailable without the use of Pokebank.

sheld999

Apricorn balls! YES! Would love to see that again!

Personally, I'd love to see all the previous rivals, gym leaders, and champions return in the battle tree. I'm hoping it's just not "popular characters." (Cynthia, Red, Blue, etc.)

yeah but with newer ones ones only found in alola making the balls rare

Bus

Maybe evem maxie and archie will be in battle tree.

Its possible, I dont think they were labeled as criminals and on the run or anything towards the end like Cyrus, Ghetsis, or Giovanni. Though it would be cool if any of them were available too. I'm still holding on to some hope that Colress is involved with the Aether Foundation.

Ver-mont

Its possible, I dont think they were labeled as criminals and on the run or anything towards the end like Cyrus, Ghetsis, or Giovanni. Though it would be cool if any of them were available too. I'm still holding on to some hope that Colress is involved with the Aether Foundation.

They reform, actually. They help you stop Groudon/Kyogre, start acting much less antagonistically and can even partner up with you in Battle Maison.

I'm on the fence about having Gyms back. I like the idea of having something different this time around. For an Episode Delta like post-game, as long as we don't have a forced capture like we did with Rayquaza I'd love it. I can see the post-game being centred around Zygarde which I'd be okay with provided it was a good story and, again, not a forced capture.

I think Gyms should be back if only because this is the 20th anniversary and they have been a pretty major part of the franchise since the beginning.

I think they'd be nice post game content. Island challenges would still be the main journey this time, but we'd have the good old Gyms as a bonus after the main story was done and the credits were over.

Last edited:

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Exactly. If N is not back with a 3D Sprite and if I can't battle alongside him I will kill GF.

7.8 - Too Much Fangirling! :p

But I am hoping we get a more substantial cast of ally NPCs. In Platinum there was quite a few even though they were more for testing the waters of 2x2 battles in the wild. (Then Gen V went full throttle.) Personally, I'm a sucker for those girls with glasses, so Malva, Lorelei and of course that thicc Wicke would be cool to pair up with. We already know Cynthia's available, Cynthia's always available. I don't think there's another strong female character in Pokémon quite as revered as Cynthia, maybe Misty or Iris. But yeah, give us more Malva!

As far as the Move Tutors go... You know what Game Freak's going to do already (especially you R_N!). We've seen it so many times now. Draco Meteor, Pledges and the Elemental Hyper Beams. That's what you get.

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
Another minor hope of mine is the Pokemon League's Victory Road being MASSIVE. I mean, its an entire mountain, technically..

7.8 - Too Much Fangirling! :p

But I am hoping we get a more substantial cast of ally NPCs. In Platinum there was quite a few even though they were more for testing the waters of 2x2 battles in the wild. (Then Gen V went full throttle.) Personally, I'm a sucker for those girls with glasses, so Malva, Lorelei and of course that thicc Wicke would be cool to pair up with. We already know Cynthia's available, Cynthia's always available. I don't think there's another strong female character in Pokémon quite as revered as Cynthia, maybe Misty or Iris. But yeah, give us more Malva!

As far as the Move Tutors go... You know what Game Freak's going to do already (especially you R_N!). We've seen it so many times now. Draco Meteor, Pledges and the Elemental Hyper Beams. That's what you get.

Girls with glasses? BRING BACK SHAUNTAL PLSSSSS

As for strong females... yeah, Cynthia is the most well known. But I like to imagine what Diantha in a game w/o OP exp share would be like. Also I like to include Hilda. I personally want to see Lusamine become the new strongest female character, purely because it would be a shock and a half to see someone who looks so nice on the outside completely f**k us over.

LunalaLover

Another minor hope of mine is the Pokemon League's Victory Road being MASSIVE. I mean, its an entire mountain, technically..

Agree on this. I hope it will be with lots of strong trainers which will really test you out and I hope that it will make much use of the poke-ride options.

I can also see gyms happening as a post-game possibility. GF said their would be no gyms, and they indeed aren't there, but they never said they can't be made throughout the storyline :p

DrakeKoryu

It would be excellent to have a long post-game like passing all eight gyms and getting on the Pokémon League, just imagine how high leveled will these gyms be, since you have already passed the main story. Another thing is the Victory Road, that could pretty much have the strongest wild pokémon and that is exciting. I can't wait for the game to be released now, and is only 14 days away :D

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
Agree on this. I hope it will be with lots of strong trainers which will really test you out and I hope that it will make much use of the poke-ride options.

I can also see gyms happening as a post-game possibility. GF said their would be no gyms, and they indeed aren't there, but they never said they can't be made throughout the storyline :p

Yeah. No Gyms could mean no Gyms during plot/story. ANYTHING could happen post-game. And those empty 'squares/plots' you see scattered across Alola could be where Gyms are built. I mean, someone apparently datamined badge flags from the demo so who freakin' knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.