• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun/Moon - how will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain America X

The only way Zygarde is going to be relevant to the new game is if they make the new game similar to GS where you could go back to the previous region after the main region was over.If not than I don't expect Zygarde to play a part in the new gen.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
hope we got battle oriented sidekick and more pikachu battle cause he is the main mascot ala early xy

Red and Blue

And I'm sure there's a number of people that disagree with you. Besides we can't prove it's Gen VII because there isn't enough information to do so, there's a good chance it is but we don't know enough about the games to say for certain.

As we celebrate 20 years since the launch of Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green in Japan, the next era of Pokémon games is being announced! Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are coming out for systems in the Nintendo 3DS family in holiday 2016, with a new world, new Pokémon, and new adventures to discover! Watch the first teaser for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon at the top of the page

No sure what more confirmation people need

Captain America X

hope we got battle oriented sidekick and more pikachu battle cause he is the main mascot ala early xy

Hopefully less Pikachu battle unlike early XY.Don't want him to take 99 percent of the screentime of Ash's pokemon when we have already seem him like for almost 20 years.

Hopefully they go DP on Pikachu and make him not star at all but instead just take part.

ShadowForce720

Your apology is accepted. When it comes to identifying Pokemon, I feel very confident that I'm on the genius scale, when I saw it, Fletchling didn't even pop into my head. I admit its similar but if it was Fletchling I would've recognized it there were too many inconsistencies, and I will be doing an analysis on Youtube for why its not Fletchling that covers everything.

You know I hope that if this new bird is a Normal/Flying type pokemon that it doesn't evolve into a Fire/Flying, Fighting/Flying, or another Normal/Flying type.

Oh I found these pictures on Twitter and it looks like we have a potential candidate of what that the building we saw in the trailer could be based on here are the pictures.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcJl2CRUUAAdkau.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcJl2npUEAATVsm.jpg

Oh and the 2nd picture shows the Raffles Hotel and that is located in Singapore.

Last edited:

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Dont play with my heart sis.

Part of me finds it a little weird that it wouldnt be Japan given "Land of the rising sun".

I know, luv. Whatever it is, i'm on board. X/Y is such a disappointing era (game+anime series), i'm ready to move on (or move out).

Ok, now that I've actually got a image that has it's zoomed up and can actually tell it's body shape I can see it's not a Fletchling, where as before I was mistaking the colored part which is the head also as the body because the only part that I really notice was the head and legs and then wings in the part before but I didn't see the rest of the body. So it's not a Fletchling, and I was mistaken. I'm sorry.

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/IQ62zAD.gif[/IMG300]

Perfect Zygarde

As we celebrate 20 years since the launch of Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green in Japan, the next era of Pokémon games is being announced! Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are coming out for systems in the Nintendo 3DS family in holiday 2016, with a new world, new Pokémon, and new adventures to discover! Watch the first teaser for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon at the top of the page

No sure what more confirmation people need

It doesn't say it's generation seven though. I'm not saying it isn't I'm just trying to not get ahead of myself until we know more. I don't hump to conclusions without a substantial amount of evidence.

Akashin

Why bother? Gen VII won't be about Zygarde his backstory won't be there, and his formes will be shoehorned in. At this point I'd rather it stay anime exclusive.

That assumes that the new world in question can't just be the alleged South Kalos. If it is, Zygarde could still fit in like a glove.

Red and Blue

It doesn't say it's generation seven though. I'm not saying it isn't I'm just trying to not get ahead of myself until we know more. I don't hump to conclusions without a substantial amount of evidence.

New world is basically new region. New Pokémon is also a solid confirmation

Perfect Zygarde

That assumes that the new world in question can't just be the alleged South Kalos. If it is, Zygarde could still fit in like a glove.

Bingo. Besides with as much attention they've given Zygarde recently it would be a bit surprising if they didn't give it its own story.

New Pokémon is also a solid confirmation

Pokémon XD had Gen IV Pokémon whitch at the time were new Pokémon but it was a Gen III game. It's not solid confirmation.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I guess we'll get new companions. Hopefully they'll get more focus especially during the first year unlike in XY.
Hopefully we'll get a rival similar to Paul also, but as a female for a main rival.
I'm calling it now Sun/Moon series will be DP 2.0 xD

ShadowForce720

New world is basically new region. New Pokémon is also a solid confirmation

Actually that is not entirely true because if you look at the reveal trailer for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire it said this " Explore a Dramatic New World", "An Epic New Adventure is Coming"

also here is the reveal trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywGSON9tNq0

Now I don't think in the trailer it said for ORAS that it said anything about new pokemon or a new era but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
Rather than focusing on a bird we don't know much about... What about Pokemon we know are confirmed for Gen 7? Like Magiana (or however you pronounce it) and the concept of bonding/fusing with ones Pokemon as presented by Ash-Greninja?

Then there's the handling of Zygarde... Is it truly an anime only concept? That seems extremely silly... At this point I'm guessing it'll be implemented as a future storyline of sorts for an event in XY or Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
It's nigh impossible to tell, actually.

Im not sure Fletchling's wings bend like that

[IMG139]http://pokecharms.com/data/attachment-files/2013/10/19974_661-0.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcJk-HCWAAAqGzA.jpg[/IMG139]

So all say hi to Ash's first Sun&Moon series capture and his bird for the 7th gen.

ShadowForce720

So I'm thinking the possible candidates for the region of Pokémon Sun and Moon are: Singapore, Germany, Spain, Belgium, maybe England/UK, or perhaps even Southern Kalos. Not really sure if what are some other possibilies but most of those would be connected to Kalos in a way that would allow for a situation similar to Kanto and Johto where you are able to travel between the 2. The only region on that list that would make it hard to do that is Singapore since it should technically be pretty far from Kalos.

Status
Not open for further replies.