• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
Pokemon is still aimed at children and shouldn't go to Funimation. If they changed it too much then it would just be enjoyed by a niche few.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
It's a show for children on a US network the Japanese one isn't that much different it just sounds better since you don't speak Japanese day to day.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Disney XD gives Pokemon the attention it deserves by not putting it in the Saturday Dead Slot and forgetting about giving it commercials. They gain audience by simply lending Nintendo a hand on that part, unlike how un-Nintendo-like Teen Titans Go Network didn't.

Besides, it's part of an anime block. If it goes, you can't just have a block like that being supported by...just two shows.

Vipsoccermaster

How do you know whether or not it's doing well? Do you have any ratings information to show how well it is or is not doing on Disney XD?
This. Prove that you have sources for Disney XD not doing well with Pokémon. I doubt you do, though. I don't think Disney XD would drop Pokémon only after one year of experience with it.

ShadowForce720

Pokemon the Series: Sun and Moon Ultra Adventures

3/24 - SM044: A Dream Encounter!
3/25 - SM045: Now You See Them, Now You Don't!
3/26 -SM046: Deceiving Appearances!
3/27 - SM047: A Masked Warning!
3/28 -SM048: Night of a Thousand Poses!
3/29 -SM049: Mission: Total Recall!
3/30 - SM050: Faba's Revenge!
3/31 - SM051: Family Determination!

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/nickandmore/status/967229617810673664

you know if the marathon ends there and then goes back to normal schedule it will seem weird to stop it before getting through the whole mini arc with Nebby there, although then again they did decide to air the first return to Kanto episode with the Charjabug episode instead of airing the two return to Kanto episodes together. Now if this marathon doesn't end on March 31st and continues then at most I could see them going up to episode 59 so will be 10 episodes behind the subs which would mean the marathon would end on April 8 which if that was the case it would look like this:

(Also just to make sure this doesn't cause any confusion only episodes 44-51 have confirmed dates and titles, where as episodes 52-59 don't and as of right now it hasn't been confirmed if the marathon will continue past March 31st or not.)

3/24 - SM044: A Dream Encounter!
3/25 - SM045: Now You See Them, Now You Don't!
3/26 -SM046: Deceiving Appearances!
3/27 - SM047: A Masked Warning!
3/28 -SM048: Night of a Thousand Poses!
3/29 -SM049: Mission: Total Recall!
3/30 - SM050: Faba's Revenge!
3/31 - SM051: Family Determination!
4/1 - SM052
4/2 - SM053
4/3 - SM054
4/4 - SM055
4/5 - SM056
4/6 - SM057
4/7 - SM058
4/8 - SM059

Vipsoccermaster

Just like I thought. Yay for a daily roll-out for a whole week! So if I'm correct, we should be able to fully finish the Aether Foundation arc by Saturday, April 28, 2018, that is, if weekly schedule updates are to follow after a week of new episodes.

And what do we know? Again, it starts 170 days after Japan did!

EDIT: Regarding ShadowForce720's post, yes it could continue, but we'll have to wait for more information on that. They might do a similar run throughout the year we had in 2017. For which one of the Saturdays have us going through six episodes at once. If they do follow a weekly schedule (as normal) after Saturday, March 31, 2018, then we're still plenty of episodes behind Japan.

Let's assume SM67 airs on Thursday, March 22, 2018... that means we're 24 episodes behind. And assuming SM68 airs on Thursday, March 29, 2018, by Sunday, April 1, 2018 (Easter Sunday), we're 17 episodes behind.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
They should just air the whole Nebby arc at once, get it out of the way. They'd still be behind by a lot if they did that....
I just want my TRio episodes dubbed, the dub TRio are absolutely fantastic this series!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm so confused. Why take such a long break if your just going to start showing episodes every day for a week? Why not just start airing them six weeks earlier and do a normal airing? There's no advantage to this system that I can see.

Regardless, happy to see it's finally back. Can't wait for the upcoming arc. Hopefully it can help fix the series up as a whole.

Vipsoccermaster

I'm so confused. Why take such a long break if your just going to start showing episodes every day for a week? Why not just start airing them six weeks earlier and do a normal airing? There's no advantage to this system that I can see.

Regardless, happy to see it's finally back. Can't wait for the upcoming arc. Hopefully it can help fix the series up as a whole.
Disney XD prefers to air their new seasons with a marathon rather than a normal typical one episode a week that other companies do. It's how Disney XD differentiates themselves from others for business.

Come to think of it, I haven't heard of other areas of when they will start their run, like United Kingdom and/or Canada. United States are once again ahead for the majority of the time. A complete turnaround from last year where United Kingdom and Canada started their run before United States did.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Disney XD prefers to air their new seasons with a marathon rather than a normal typical one episode a week that other companies do. It's how Disney XD differentiates themselves from others for business.

Come to think of it, I haven't heard of other areas of when they will start their run, like United Kingdom and/or Canada. United States are once again ahead for the majority of the time. A complete turnaround from last year where United Kingdom and Canada started their run before United States did.

United States normally air it first, and then UK air it. The last couple of years we in UK over take the US for a little while, think it started when we aired the Canalave City arc in DP before US. But shortly after the US overtook is again, and we do that every series now and again, but US overtakes again.

I’m with you though Bguy7, it’s completely pointless. I’d much rather a weekly run through rather than a 3 month break. I don’t mind a 2 week break before the next season but 3 months is a bit drastic, and then to air them in a marathon seems so pointless, but it will be nice to see it back on again.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
They should just air the whole Nebby arc at once, get it out of the way. They'd still be behind by a lot if they did that....
I just want my TRio episodes dubbed, the dub TRio are absolutely fantastic this series!

Weirdly enough, it will be exactly 170 days behind the Japanese airing when SM044 airs dubbed.

With Season 20, the rest of the season from SM003 onwards was also held off until around 170 days after the Japanese airdate.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Weirdly enough, it will be exactly 170 days behind the Japanese airing when SM044 airs dubbed.

With Season 20, the rest of the season from SM003 onwards was also held off until around 170 days after the Japanese airdate.

Is that how long it takes for the episodes to be dubbed from Japanese in English?

Last edited:

IcySealeo

Is that how long it takes for the episodes to be dubbed from Japanese in English?

I used to dub Pokemon in my country and it depends on the studio that dubs the series. Sometimes the process of dubbing is what makes it take that long and sometimes the channel that buys the series gives them a very long deadline.