• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Vipsoccermaster

It's cool that episode 1000 (Serebii numbering) airs May 12, the one-year anniversary of the SM premiere on Disney XD.
Nope. The one-year anniversary is actually Sunday, May 13, 2018. The dubbed SM3 was first aired on Saturday, May 13, 2017 on Disney XD in the United States.

It's nice to see episode titles from Itunes, but they're not allowed to air them until Disney XD has done so first.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Nope. The one-year anniversary is actually Sunday, May 13, 2018. The dubbed SM3 was first aired on Saturday, May 13, 2017 on Disney XD in the United States.

It's nice to see episode titles from Itunes, but they're not allowed to air them until Disney XD has done so first.
lol dude did you literally read the second part of my post, which you excluded from what you quoted? I'm not counting SM3 as the premiere, I'm counting SM1&2 which aired Friday, May 12. I know they also aired December 2016, but the first time they aired in sequence was Friday night, May 12.

Here is a tweet from Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld, Sophocles's voice actress, from Friday morning, May 12, 2017, where she calls "today" the premiere day. https://twitter.com/AlysonRosenfeld/status/863032956075593729

Vipsoccermaster

lol dude did you literally read the second part of my post, which you excluded from what you quoted? I'm not counting SM3 as the premiere, I'm counting SM1&2 which aired Friday, May 12. I know they also aired December 2016, but the first time they aired in sequence was Friday night, May 12.

Here is a tweet from Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld, Sophocles's voice actress, from Friday morning, May 12, 2017, where she calls "today" the premiere day. https://twitter.com/AlysonRosenfeld/status/863032956075593729
I did read it, not to worry. It was just that even though they premiered on May 12, 2017, it wasn't the first premier. Granted, I guess you can call them premiers since it was meant to start things off, as the December 5, 2016 premier was a "sneak-peek" premier.

Rotom in SM57 is going to go crazy for my graduation day. Fitting.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Rotom in SM57 is going to go crazy for my graduation day. Fitting.
Too bad it's not the actual graduation from the Pokémon school, then, that would have been more fitting! I presume that will happen near the end of the generation.

Congratulations.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Yesterday, both @CNschedules and @nickandmore, who've both been blogging about children's television and the state of children's television for years, so I strongly give credence to their opinions, both tweeted that they believe the recent shift of Disney XD's original animated programming to Disney Channel doesn't signal the end of the channel but is likely to make room for more gaming content.

Last summer, Disney XD ran a gaming block overnights 9p-3a, which also included some live eSports tournaments and finals. The block ended last October, but has come back in recent weeks, now airing in primetime instead between 8-11p.

It's possible they will expand it even more to take up much more of their schedule, and this run in primetime is just to gauge the reception/ratings.

Anyway, this theory of why they're shifting their animated content off Disney XD makes much more sense to me than the death of the channel, so I believe it more. Obviously under this scenario, Disney XD would still exist as a channel, and Pokémon wouldn't go anywhere.

Also @OshyHikari , even in the worst case scenario you imagined, your theory that Pokémon could not move to Disney Channel because it's not made by Disney (which I believed) actually turns out to be false as well -- I found out that while Disney Channel doesn't make a habit of airing acquired content, they do sometimes, and currently, Hotel Transylvania is an example of a show they air which was acquired.i

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Sorry for the triple post here guys, but I'm hoping that since I'm talking about 3 different things, and each post is a few days apart, it should be fine:

-------

Do y'all think we'll get a new dub opening after the Aether Foundation arc has concluded? I don't mean a new song, but just new images used in the opening:

Before you're so quick to dismiss, consider that the last time we had a villain arc for just a short number of episodes, Episode N, we actually had 3 different versions of the dub opening in Season 16:

league arc
Episode N
Da!

even though all 3 had the same song.

And before the Episode N opening, people were saying the dub wouldn't change the images in the opening, but others like me felt that it would be weird to have Trip, Stephan, and Bianca still appearing in the opening after the league, and that actually ended up being the case when Episode N got a new dub opening.

Similarly, since all the current images in the opening are Aether Foundation arc, I feel like it would make sense for it to switch after this arc, and would be weird to keep these same images all year long. What do you think?

(and btw I think the 4 Tapus part would stay the same images lol)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Sorry for the triple post here guys, but I'm hoping that since I'm talking about 3 different things, and each post is a few days apart, it should be fine:

-------

Do y'all think we'll get a new dub opening after the Aether Foundation arc has concluded? I don't mean a new song, but just new images used in the opening:

Before you're so quick to dismiss, consider that the last time we had a villain arc for just a short number of episodes, Episode N, we actually had 3 different versions of the dub opening in Season 16:

league arc
Episode N
Da!

even though all 3 had the same song.

And before the Episode N opening, people were saying the dub wouldn't change the images in the opening, but others like me felt that it would be weird to have Trip, Stephan, and Bianca still appearing in the opening after the league, and that actually ended up being the case when Episode N got a new dub opening.

Similarly, since all the current images in the opening are Aether Foundation arc, I feel like it would make sense for it to switch after this arc, and would be weird to keep these same images all year long. What do you think?

(and btw I think the 4 Tapus part would stay the same images lol)
I could see something like this happening

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Good news for PokeAni fans in Australia.

Season 21 of the dub, Pokemon The Series Sun & Moon: Ultra Adventures will air on 9GO! at 3:00pm Mon-Fri starting Friday April 27th, with rerun of the previous episode at 7:30am on Mon-Fri mornings.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
@OshyHikari so I guess Thursday, May 17, might be when y'all pass us up? (Americans)

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
@LilligantLewis The only episode that airs next week is SM044, which airs on the 27th. The US will be up to SM055 that week.

But anyways, here's the weeks ahead:

April 30 - May 4: SM045-SM049 (9GO!), Disney XD (US) airs SM055 on May 5th.

May 7 - May 11: SM050-SM054 (9GO!), Disney XD airs SM056 on May 12th.

May 14 - May 18: SM055-SM059 (9GO!), Disney XD airs SM057 on May 19th.

So yes, Australia will indeed be ahead of the US by two episodes come the third week. Since Australia usually tends to air new episodes a fair while after other countries do, this will be a rare feat.

Vipsoccermaster

@OshyHikari No, SM56 on May 5, SM57 on May 12, and SM58 on May 19. By the end of the third week, United States will only be an episode behind Australia.

In the end, though, it might look like by the start of the fourth week (May 20-May 26), Australia has no new episodes to air, otherwise they would be really ahead of United States/Disney XD.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
@OshyHikari No, SM56 on May 5, SM57 on May 12, and SM58 on May 19. By the end of the third week, United States will only be an episode behind Australia.

In the end, though, it might look like by the start of the fourth week (May 20-May 26), Australia has no new episodes to air, otherwise they would be really ahead of United States/Disney XD.
I'm guessing that other countries that air the dub probably have an episode limit on how far they can be ahead of the U.S. and it doesn't really last that long.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
@Pokegirl Fan~ I do believe that the US is mostly the one who has to be ahead when it comes to dubbed airings, since the US is the one who makes the English dub. We have had instances of the UK and Canada airing new episodes first, but the US eventually overtook them when Disney XD decided to throw a whole week of new episodes. I know that when S20 (Pokemon The Series Sun & Moon) aired new on 9GO! here in Australia in September 2016, we didn't get the whole season (that first run ending at SM020) but they did eventually air the rest of the season in a second block sometime in 2017.

My guess is that after the week after May 14-18, 9GO! will likely revert back to reruns just so the US can get ahead again. And then Australia will get another block of S21 episodes some time later.

@Vipsoccermaster Lilligant was the one who gave me the incorrect info. But as you said, I do predict the week of May 21-25 will see Australia revert back to reruns so that they don't get an unfair gap over the US due to Disney XD only airing new episodes once a week.

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
@Pokegirl Fan~ I do believe that the US is mostly the one who has to be ahead when it comes to dubbed airings, since the US is the one who makes the English dub. We have had instances of the UK and Canada airing new episodes first, but the US eventually overtook them when Disney XD decided to throw a whole week of new episodes. I know that when S20 (Pokemon The Series Sun & Moon) aired new on 9GO! here in Australia in September 2016, we didn't get the whole season (that first run ending at SM020) but they did eventually air the rest of the season in a second block sometime in 2017.

My guess is that after the week after May 14-18, 9GO! will likely revert back to reruns just so the US can get ahead again. And then Australia will get another block of S21 episodes some time later.

@Vipsoccermaster Lilligant was the one who gave me the incorrect info. But as you said, I do predict the week of May 21-25 will see Australia revert back to reruns so that they don't get an unfair gap over the US due to Disney XD only airing new episodes once a week.

I didn't give you any incorrect info. Thursday, May 17, is the exact date y'all will pass us up. That's a fact.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
It seems that daily this week, starting yesterday and presumably ending Friday, the official Pokémon YouTube channel is releasing videos of the theme songs from each generation: yesterday Gen I and today Johto. Both videos' descriptions mention #1000EpisodesofPokémon so I'm pretty sure this is in countdown to that

Here are the two videos that have been released so far

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Wow I didn't know that Disney XD is hyping up the 1000th episode's dub in a similar fashion that Japan did. Recapping all the previous dub intros does feel unfamiliar to the current generation though.