• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Here is the third video that was posted today: it has the 4 Gen III theme songs

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's an utter disgrace for them to refer to the anime as Pokemon the Series *insert game title here* for the original series. I don't mind Pokemon the Series, Black and White since.... Best Wishes was never that great of a title for Black/White, pretty cringey.

But referring to Johto as Gold/Silver and Advanced as Ruby/Sapphire is pretty insulting. DP gets a pass
I miss when the dub at least tried and gave each season a different title, not simply copying the game titles. It's lazy af. Like calling the current season Ultra Sun/Moon, uh huh.... only one thing so far has even been remotely close to Ultra and as it's a spoiler I can't say. If the Ultra Recon Squad or Necrozma were around, then yeah.... call it Ultra Sun/Moon but when/if those guys show up, it'll likely have a completely different title again.

Sorry for the triple post here guys, but I'm hoping that since I'm talking about 3 different things, and each post is a few days apart, it should be fine:

-------

Do y'all think we'll get a new dub opening after the Aether Foundation arc has concluded? I don't mean a new song, but just new images used in the opening:

Before you're so quick to dismiss, consider that the last time we had a villain arc for just a short number of episodes, Episode N, we actually had 3 different versions of the dub opening in Season 16:

league arc
Episode N
Da!

even though all 3 had the same song.

And before the Episode N opening, people were saying the dub wouldn't change the images in the opening, but others like me felt that it would be weird to have Trip, Stephan, and Bianca still appearing in the opening after the league, and that actually ended up being the case when Episode N got a new dub opening.

Similarly, since all the current images in the opening are Aether Foundation arc, I feel like it would make sense for it to switch after this arc, and would be weird to keep these same images all year long. What do you think?

(and btw I think the 4 Tapus part would stay the same images lol)

Pfffy, the dub dragged the first two XY openings on and on for literally forever. Not even bothering to update it even long after Frogadier had evolved, Froakie was still present in the opening.
The dub doesn't seem to care much about the openings anymore; We did just get the worst opening ever after all.... what utter trash it is too, I don't see how anybody over 5 years old could find that song good.
The only thing the dub's done right recently is the voice casting, apart from Lana and Lillie anyways. Everybody else has been spectacular, vast improvement from XY especially the TRio's VAs, they do an amazing job.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It's an utter disgrace for them to refer to the anime as Pokemon the Series *insert game title here* for the original series. I don't mind Pokemon the Series, Black and White since.... Best Wishes was never that great of a title for Black/White, pretty cringey.

But referring to Johto as Gold/Silver and Advanced as Ruby/Sapphire is pretty insulting. DP gets a pass
I miss when the dub at least tried and gave each season a different title, not simply copying the game titles. It's lazy af. Like calling the current season Ultra Sun/Moon, uh huh.... only one thing so far has even been remotely close to Ultra and as it's a spoiler I can't say. If the Ultra Recon Squad or Necrozma were around, then yeah.... call it Ultra Sun/Moon but when/if those guys show up, it'll likely have a completely different title again.

Pfffy, the dub dragged the first two XY openings on and on for literally forever. Not even bothering to update it even long after Frogadier had evolved, Froakie was still present in the opening.
The dub doesn't seem to care much about the openings anymore; We did just get the worst opening ever after all.... what utter trash it is too, I don't see how anybody over 5 years old could find that song good.
The only thing the dub's done right recently is the voice casting, apart from Lana and Lillie anyways. Everybody else has been spectacular, vast improvement from XY especially the TRio's VAs, they do an amazing job.
Team Rocket's VAs are a joke; theyre the worst especially Michelle Knotz. They're nothing like they were in the 4kids dub

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
only one thing so far has even been remotely close to Ultra and as it's a spoiler I can't say
what about the Ultra Beast that's appeared (Nihilego) and them going into Ultra Space? To me this whole arc so far for 11 episodes definitely seems to qualify as Ultra Adventures imo

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Team Rocket's VAs are a joke; theyre the worst especially Michelle Knotz. They're nothing like they were in the 4kids dub

I don't know, I'm almost at the point where I like Team Rocket's current voice actors better than their original. Admittedly, that's more based on what I'm used to, rather than what is objectively better, but the point is, I certainly would not call them a joke.

Also though, I just love Team Rocket so much, and the writing for them right now is the best it's been since Sinnoh, so that's going to make me feel happy about hearing their voices, regardless of who's voicing them.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I do feel that calling all the previous generation seasons as "Pokemon The Series (insert game title)" is silly, and seems to promote laziness on the part of TPCi. Just because that was the format used for dub season names since the XY series, doesn't mean you need to slap it on to all the other seasons too.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Forgot to mention before that agree on all accounts of the silliness of naming seasons after games, both retroactively and currently. I'm sure it has something to do with better advertising the games and keeping to a new standard, but it's just boring and uninspired.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I forgot to post this yesterday, but here's the fourth video from yesterday with the 4 Sinnoh theme songs

EDIT: Here is the fifth video from today: for the season 16 theme song, they only included the first version, not the Episode N or Da! versions

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I forgot that the first Unova theme used CGI instead of normal graphics. That was the weirdest opening ever.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I forgot that the first Unova theme used CGI instead of normal graphics. That was the weirdest opening ever.
It would have only made sense if the games had come out for the 3DS, that the opening was meant to reflect that fact. However, with the games on the regular DS, and no 3D until Gen VI, it really made no sense to have that 3D opening.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It would have only made sense if the games had come out for the 3DS, that the opening was meant to reflect that fact. However, with the games on the regular DS, and no 3D until Gen VI, it really made no sense to have that 3D opening.

I don't think it's so much about not making sense, it's just that they had never done it before, and have never done it since. Even if it had been a one-off during the Kalos region instead, it would still have been just as weird, at least to me.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I don't think it's so much about not making sense, it's just that they had never done it before, and have never done it since. Even if it had been a one-off during the Kalos region instead, it would still have been just as weird, at least to me.
that's fair, but it would have made more sense to me then, to represent the 3DS, than it did in Gen V

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
SM059: Tasting the Bitter with the Sweet!
Source: Apple TV

SM060: Getting a Jump on the Competition!

Last edited:

Vipsoccermaster

SM059: Taking the Bitter with the Sweet!

SM060: Getting a Jump on the Competition!
Uh oh. So even though we have the titles, we're likely in for a break coming up. According to the Disney XD Calendar, there's no Pokémon episode for any time slot on Saturday, May 26, 2018. It's Phineas and Ferb episodes/movies literally all day for that day. It's possible that we'll have to wait until Saturday, June 2, 2018 for SM59. It sucks that this might happen, even though we did have a week-long marathon last week of March 2018. I'm betting it's likely that we'll have another marathon for Pokémon in the Summer, just like last year on Saturday, July 1, 2017, to bring forward the episodes and shorten the gap between Japan and United States.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Last edited:

Vipsoccermaster

@LilligantLewis If Disney XD is airing the entire run of Phineas & Ferb this month, it looks like that the dub may fall behind. But I bet June will have new SM episodes in a marathon just to close the gap with Japan again.
Disney XD still intends to air the three new Sun & Moon episodes on May 5, 12, and 19, but not the 26th of May. Currently, the United States are 17 episodes (121 days) behind Japan, and at this rate, by the conclusion of May 2018, the United States will be 19 episodes behind, assuming Japan airs one episode on May 17, 24, and 31. So yeah, another marathon is likely for Sun & Moon, it's just a matter of when. Probably end of June 2018 or early/mid July 2018.