• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
New dub titles courtesy of @theworldofkevinc-

SM139: Enter the Champion!
Airdate: January 18

SM140: Z-Move Showdown!
Airdate: January 25

This may seem silly but seeing the title enter the champion and it refering to ash really makes me happy idk why. It's like a title you would expect for an episode featuring diantha Lance Steven or cynthia but no it refers to our ash. Just makes me happy

Leonhart

Imagineer
NPT said:
New dub titles courtesy of @theworldofkevinc-

SM139: Enter the Champion!
Airdate: January 18

SM140: Z-Move Showdown!
Airdate: January 25

I'm glad that the dub title for SM139 doesn't spoil the winner, although by now I'm willing to bet that even most dub viewers know the conclusion of that episode given all the news coverage that it received even in the US.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
My TV guide for tomorrow morning lists it as a rerun of last week's episode? Anyone else?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Yup. The correct episode is currently airing despite my TV still giving me info on last week's episode if I press the "info" button

Rune Knight

Do you guys think that this is movie is going to get dubbed eventually?

I heard that there was an issue in regards to lip-synching.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Do you guys think that this is movie is going to get dubbed eventually?

I heard that there was an issue in regards to lip-synching.
I have no idea if they ever will

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
You are in the endgame now dub boys

So we should get PM2019 content around february or march, still a bit far but we are alreay in the new year at least
Don't be so sure it'll be that quick:

here's the list of recent hiatuses between generations of the dub anime:

between AG and DP: March 2007 to June 2007 (3 months)
between DP and BW: no hiatus
between BW and XY: December 2013 to February 2014 (2 months)
between XY and SM: January 2017 to May 2017 (4 months)

Also, within the Disney XD era, here's been the hiatus between seasons:

between seasons 20 and 21: December 2017 to March 2018 (3 months)
between seasons 21 and 22: February 23, 2019, to March 23, 2019 (1 month)

So, based on all this info, I definitely expect a hiatus after SM146.

However, based on the way Disney XD has started each of the last three seasons, I expect that once the hiatus is over, we will get a weeklong bomb of at least 8 new episodes in 1 week.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Not sure on it since I only saw a few tweets but wasn't the dubbing coompany legally in trouble due to using the 4kids script for the movie making them having to go back and redub it? Not sure if it was really legal trouble since I only saw a few people talking about and can't find it online now but I guess it would make sense to keep it on the dl. If it really went down I wonder if that would affect how fast they dub the next series

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Not sure on it since I only saw a few tweets but wasn't the dubbing coompany legally in trouble due to using the 4kids script for the movie making them having to go back and redub it? Not sure if it was really legal trouble since I only saw a few people talking about and can't find it online now but I guess it would make sense to keep it on the dl. If it really went down I wonder if that would affect how fast they dub the next series
Does 4kids even still exist to be able to sue them?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Does 4kids even still exist to be able to sue them?
I think it could just be the original writers doing it (if real) I did think 4Kids existed in some way after the issues went down in the early 2010s but maybe that fell apart too. I have not kept up with dub VA work as much as I did and just saw the pokemon rumor randomly so I'm confused by it

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan