1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon: Sun & Moon Series Dub Title Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by KibaLG8, Jan 28, 2011.

1. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

Fair enough, but come on, "The Final Four" is super-boring. At least it's not as bad as BW40: Cilan vs. Trip! Ash vs. Georgia!! which is literally the worst title in the history of the show. When I hear that the Japanese has titles like this for almost every episode..................... wow let me just saw I'm glad I don't watch the Japanese lol. Some sort of weird directive definitely came from above between Gens IV and V with regards to dub titles lol, where Gen IV definitely had a pun title for every episode, and Gen V went so far in the opposite direction that many were literal Japanese translations, even to the point of having really long titles that took up the whole screen. I'm glad that now even though we don't always have pun titles, they aren't as literal as many were during Gen V, and furthermore that they are shorter.

Yes, a lot of Japanese titles are spoilery which is another reason I don't like the dub title directly translating. That's not to say that some dub titles aren't spoilery as well, like DP013: A Staravia Is Born! but at least that's few and far between, and furthermore, even the title in question I just mentioned is cute and punny

Gen I is a horrible example since pretty much every title was straightforward. Gens II-IV are the true era of the pun titles, and would be better examples.

2. NPT

NPT Just a member

New dub titles courtesy of @theworldofkevinc-

SM139: Enter the Champion!
    Airdate: January 18

SM140: Z-Move Showdown!
    Airdate: January 25

3. Trey pokes

Trey pokes Well-Known Member

6 more titles left, then that's it. Gen 7 will truly be over.

Leonhart and mehmeh1 like this.
  4. SerGoldenhandtheJust

SerGoldenhandtheJust Well-Known Member

This may seem silly but seeing the title enter the champion and it refering to ash really makes me happy idk why. It's like a title you would expect for an episode featuring diantha Lance Steven or cynthia but no it refers to our ash. Just makes me happy

5. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I'm glad that the dub title for SM139 doesn't spoil the winner, although by now I'm willing to bet that even most dub viewers know the conclusion of that episode given all the news coverage that it received even in the US.

SerGoldenhandtheJust and mehmeh1 like this.
  6. SerGoldenhandtheJust

SerGoldenhandtheJust Well-Known Member

Even the US Pokemon account tweeted about it that day lol

LilligantLewis likes this.
  7. LilligantLewis

My TV guide for tomorrow morning lists it as a rerun of last week's episode? Anyone else?

8. Trey pokes

Nope over here. 135 is supposed to be out tomorrow on my feed.

Leonhart likes this.
  9. LilligantLewis

Yup. The correct episode is currently airing despite my TV still giving me info on last week's episode if I press the "info" button

Leonhart likes this.
  10. Rune Knight

Rune Knight Well-Known Member

Do you guys think that this is movie is going to get dubbed eventually?

I heard that there was an issue in regards to lip-synching.

11. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

I have no idea if they ever will

12. NPT

NPT Just a member

SM141: Exhibition Unmasked!
    Airdate: February 1

SM142: A Full Battle Bounty!
    Airdate: February 8

13. Trey pokes

4 more episode titles left and it's all over. Curious as to how the PM ones will be like.

14. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NE-Let's just appreciate this for this week

You are in the endgame now dub boys

So we should get PM2019 content around february or march, still a bit far but we are alreay in the new year at least

15. LilligantLewis

Don't be so sure it'll be that quick:

here's the list of recent hiatuses between generations of the dub anime:

between AG and DP: March 2007 to June 2007 (3 months)
    between DP and BW: no hiatus
    between BW and XY: December 2013 to February 2014 (2 months)
    between XY and SM: January 2017 to May 2017 (4 months)

Also, within the Disney XD era, here's been the hiatus between seasons:

between seasons 20 and 21: December 2017 to March 2018 (3 months)
    between seasons 21 and 22: February 23, 2019, to March 23, 2019 (1 month)

So, based on all this info, I definitely expect a hiatus after SM146.

However, based on the way Disney XD has started each of the last three seasons, I expect that once the hiatus is over, we will get a weeklong bomb of at least 8 new episodes in 1 week.

Trey pokes likes this.
  16. NPT

NPT Just a member

SM143: Fiery Surprises!
    Airdate: February 15

Trey pokes and KenzeyEevee like this.
  17. Trey pokes

3 more titles left boys... I'm not ready for this to end TBH.

18. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

Not sure on it since I only saw a few tweets but wasn't the dubbing coompany legally in trouble due to using the 4kids script for the movie making them having to go back and redub it? Not sure if it was really legal trouble since I only saw a few people talking about and can't find it online now but I guess it would make sense to keep it on the dl. If it really went down I wonder if that would affect how fast they dub the next series

19. LilligantLewis

Does 4kids even still exist to be able to sue them?

20. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

I think it could just be the original writers doing it (if real) I did think 4Kids existed in some way after the issues went down in the early 2010s but maybe that fell apart too. I have not kept up with dub VA work as much as I did and just saw the pokemon rumor randomly so I'm confused by it