• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
What do you guys think about the 4Kids music? Will they use the iconic themes or copyright and all unallows it?
I think it could go either way depending who owns the rights after 4Kids shut down.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I did hear that Goldfarb apparently scored a trailer for a TV broadcast of the second movie once where he did his own arrangement of the 4Kids Lugia theme, which indicates to me that TPCi probably can use the themes 4Kids wrote. Will they? I... have my doubts. I'm not sure any part of MSB's dub score, or indeed any dub scores for the series, ever reached the same level of iconic-ness as Lugia's theme, so whoever makes the calls for this stuff might just figure composing new themes is just as well.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
JP Mew is best Mew.
I knew you'd say that. If the JP version told you to join PETA, you'd be right there helping them reduce the canine population for their nonsense reasons.

But I digress.

Though the dub of the First Movie is no work of art itself, I'll gladly take its 90s stupidity, corniness, and over-the-top script over the JP version's pretentious pseudo-intellectualism that makes Brian Griffin seem humble in comparison as well as making him seem like he knows what he's talking about.

Ryu Taylor

Having heard it already, I will give the OST one very glowing positive: it doesn't have circus music playing over the flying Pokeballs scene like M01's JP soundtrack did. I forgive it for almost everything else just for that.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I knew you'd say that. If the JP version told you to join PETA, you'd be right there helping them reduce the canine population for their nonsense reasons.

But I digress.

Though the dub of the First Movie is no work of art itself, I'll gladly take its 90s stupidity, corniness, and over-the-top script over the JP version's pretentious pseudo-intellectualism that makes Brian Griffin seem humble in comparison as well as making him seem like he knows what he's talking about.

We get it, you worship the dub and berate people for talking about the sub's original message about an existential crisis. So what if Mew advocated fighting to the death to prove which Pokémon was real? Mew was just as much in the wrong as Mewtwo for going along with him.

Ryu Taylor

We get it, you worship the dub and berate people for talking about the sub's original message about an existential crisis.
Of all the things people use to try to lure unfortunate victims to the JP version's FUBAR pre-PM2019 self, the First Movie is by far their most frequent topic. Even I fell for it once back when I was a high school sophomore, coincidentally the age people tend to become actually terrible: weeaboos. And though I know better now thanks to not having been one of those disgusting things since 2013, the First Movie's JP self is a reminder of the fact I was once a weeb who took Dogasu's bait hook, line, and sinker.

I guess that's what I get for not trusting my own judgement back then.

Mew was just as much in the wrong as Mewtwo for going along with him.
Honestly, I never understood that from either version, especially since he isn't there anymore in Mewtwo Returns.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
https://t.co/TU3Wzsi06Z?amp=1

I'm dying from this :p
I love the people who write these lol it's so hilarious

"Ash watches the first Pokemon he ever caught fly off to a better life. Well done Ash" Savage.

"And the prize for winning the pokeringer contest was a citizenship to a town ash has never visited or has yet to go back to. Well done, Ash" Lmfao

And how they kinda cheekily referenced that kalos league outrage lmao

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
https://t.co/TU3Wzsi06Z?amp=1

I'm dying from this :p
I love the people who write these lol it's so hilarious

"Ash watches the first Pokemon he ever caught fly off to a better life. Well done Ash" Savage.

"And the prize for winning the pokeringer contest was a citizenship to a town ash has never visited or has yet to go back to. Well done, Ash" Lmfao

And how they kinda cheekily referenced that kalos league outrage lmao
Ugh, really? TPCi is getting in on the "Ash is a garbage trainer" meme, or more specifically... the "complain that Ash doesn't act like Paul" meme? The last thing that meme needs is official acknowledgement!
I mean, what was he supposed to do? "No, Butterfree, you can't go off to mate with the pink Butterfree you just worked super hard to win the heart of, because I need you on my team to deal with the next Gym!"?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I'm just going to drop this here.

I think this entire thing makes it pretty clear TPCi only unwillingly dubs the anime because it's an official product the powers that be have decided should have an English version, and that they do it as cheap and halfassed as they can get away with because they have absolutely zero respect for neither the show, its creative staff or its fans, viewing all dub fans as dumb moneybags willing to pay for trash. This is the kind of stuff other companies actually lose contracts over.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Really? I think this is hilarious and have no problem with it. I think corporate entities not being aware of what's discussed in their fandoms is even more annoying, as I've dealt with that in so many other fandoms.

D

Deleted member 384931

A fact is that Pokémon isnt a show that is watched much anymore in the dub since a couple of years in other countries. Idk why, the passion is gone, atleast in the Dutch dub of Pokémon.