• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Do you all think we might have the new series announcement in Pokémon Day?

Since it's the franchise anniversary, surely they'll announce Season 23's dub title (first dub season of Pokemon 2019). I have a bad feeling it won't be called Sword & Shield, since it doesn't focus on Galar in favour of hopping around every region. Considering the franchise is trying to pander to the fanbase that only plays Pokemon GO, I bet the dub title will probably be named after or with some reference to GO.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Since it's the franchise anniversary, surely they'll announce Season 23's dub title (first dub season of Pokemon 2019). I have a bad feeling it won't be called Sword & Shield, since it doesn't focus on Galar in favour of hopping around every region. Considering the franchise is trying to pander to the fanbase that only plays Pokemon GO, I bet the dub title will probably be named after or with some reference to GO.
If it was actually called Sword and Shield I would absolutely shake my head at them. While the early episodes of PM19 left me feeling like they should have just done a Sword & Shield series... They didn't. PM19 is Pokémon Go plus Sword & Shield plus every previous mainline game. I can imagine them basing the title off Go or Let's Go. I can also imagine them calling it like Pokémon World or something. But they absolutely should not call it Pokémon the Series: Sword & Shield because at that point it's basically just false advertising.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Since the next episode has some tie-in with the new series, I think they're finally going to announce it this week
Pokémon Day is the perfect opportunity

Well, they can't just call it "Pokemon" as it has to have that "The Series" subtitle. It's just that PM2019 doesn't have a concrete focus on the current generation that will make its dub title harder to predict.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Honestly, whatever the dub title for the series is might be what I use for episode numbers, just like AG001, DP001, BW001, ETC. PM doesn't work for me, nor does NS.