• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Thanks KibaLG8 and (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.), good titles, and i know you might say, they aren't puns, but isn't Kibago a dragon and if you take Iris out of the title, wouldn't it be like enter axew, so it's sort of like enter the dragon, either way nice titles.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Unless there now dubbed by a new company? Viz maybe? Funimation I hope but is unlikely.
Please remember that the first 18 episodes of BW are in the same dub production block as Sinnoh League Victors

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Please remember that the first 18 episodes of BW are in the same dub production block as Sinnoh League Victors

yer ' that's why best wishes took a break after the 18th episode and wont be back till the 17th of feb'

i except tcpi will do something Like this'

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
yer ' that's why best wishes took a break after the 18th episode and wont be back till the 17th of feb'

i except tcpi will do something Like this'
The Japanese airings have nothing to do with the dub blocks. The break here is just coincidence. They needed to air the two specials so that's taking one week, and then there's a Naruto special the next week which takes Pokémon's timeslot. It's quite common

Daru

Beginning Trainer
From what I heard from my friend who is translating Pokemon - no, they aren't. All episodes of Black&White belong to 14th season production block and 13th season ended with the last episode of Sinnoh League Victors. As you maybe remember, season nine had only 47 episodes and we have similar situation with season 13th. It isn't 4Kids anymore where every season had to have the same (52) amount of episodes.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Wonderful, another season, another saga, another discussion thread.

Now, the episodes sound fine to me, doesn't bother me that they aren't puns because we don't need a pun every episode title. The first episode title sounds ominous as the second one sounds like it going to be a regular character introduction episode but it could be argued that the second episode is a pun of Enter the dragon which torpoleon stated earlier.

Now, one last thing. Are we going to be doing a thread a season this saga? In my opinion i think we should have one thread for the entire saga which will give a hub where all the episode titles can be found but if we have to do a thread a season i'm totally fine with it because it will be just as sufficient. Just a bit of food for thought now a new saga is approaching.

The era of Black and White is about to begin :D.

Maxim

Beyond repair
I wonder what will Shooty's dub name be.

Hopefully it's not Shooty. It's a lousy name.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
This thread should be sticked.

The titles are good, pretty similar to the Japanese version. Just drop the 'enter' and its the same.

tmega90

Pokemon Trainer
Those titles are really cool! I like both of them. The Zekrom one sounds really cool. I think that these first two episode titles are really good. I hope the rest are as cool as these ones! It is strange that they are not puns. I wonder why that is. I really look forward to more episode titles.

Last edited:

matt0044

Wow, the titles are pretty similar to the Japanese version.

Hmmmmm...

Mudkip8003

Hope they are staying more with the Japanise titles.

Torpoleon

Pretty nice titles. As people said, they are similar which is fine. It is the content of the episode which matters the most. I personally think the episode titles are fine and I don't have a problem with them.

February 12, 2011 is coming up soon!

JamWiy

Cool, I'll record them on my DVR so I don't miss them.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
i hope not.

I second that, the puns in the titles are great in my opinion, like i said in the other thread, i think enter Iris and kibago, might be referencing enter the dragon.

matt0044

It is strange that they are not puns. I wonder why that is. I really look forward to more episode titles.

Maybe they finally ran out of puns to use at last.

Electric

Are you suggesting that a new dubbing company could take over?

And I like the 2nd dub title: Enter Iris and Axew. The "Enter" part of it shows that it's being more serious with the anime (a little bit.) Enter usually refers to how a new character is introduced in an anime. If you've watched Inuyasha, there's episode titles for Enter Miroku..., Enter Sango..., Enter Shippo... etc, so I like how the dub already appears to be more serious.

SmartD

Interesting. It reminds me of how the 4kids dub titles in the first season are similar to the original titles. Maybe TCPI is using a similar style. Anyway, I can't wait for this season.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
In the Shadow of Zekrom, Enter Iris and Axew? I love the new titles! I also noticed that they're very similar to the Japanese titles and not as punny as you'd expect. It almost makes me hope that the rest of the B/W episode titles will be more like this. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but it's something that'll be at the back of my mind for a while.

I wonder what will Shooty's dub name be.

Hopefully it's not Shooty. It's a lousy name.

Five bucks says it's Cameron. It fits well and it doesn't make my roll my eyes as much as the name Shooti does.

Last edited: