• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
I couldn't decide which thread should prevail - opened earlier vs. more active - so I combined them. It seems like Kiba automatically became the OP because of their post being made earlier. I hope you can live with this arrangement^^ Of course, like in the old thread, everyone's still entitled to submit a new title in case they're the first to find out about it.

On topic, I like the first two titles. Despite the lack of a pun, they're easy to memorize and roll of the tongue easily :]

Edit: Stickied!

Last edited:

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
I couldn't decide which thread should prevail - opened earlier vs. more active - so I combined them. It seems like Kiba automatically became the OP because of their post being made earlier. I hope you can live with this arrangement^^ Of course, like in the old thread, everyone's still entitled to submit a new title in case they're the first to find out about it.

On topic, I like the first two titles. Despite the lack of a pun, they're easy to memorize and roll of the tongue easily :]

ok sweet ;)

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I'm wondering they plan to dub the Japanese opening now

matt0044

I would be amazed if they do, lets all pray to Arceus it happens.

If not, then I just hope the ENG Opening is good at the very least. Just don't be disappointed when the JPN opening theme isn't kept.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Also is impossible Ted Lewis will return to be Giovanni and James? Maybe even Lillis can return as Jessie. I mean she came back in BD but it would have been weird to let her go back to Jessie then so maybe now?

matt0044

Also is impossible Ted Lewis will return to be Giovanni and James? Maybe even Lillis can return as Jessie. I mean she came back in BD but it would have been weird to let her go back to Jessie then so maybe now?

I just hope the TRio's current VA can make themselves sound serious and villainous like the JPN version.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Bring back Veronica Taylor for Ash! C'mon TPCi, Sarah's acting sucks!

Kinda irrelevant to what im going to say but Sarah's voicing isn't as terrible as it used to be. Also, for the Black & White Series, they should use a male voice actor.... why is Ash the only one to get a female VA? Not sexist or anything but Veronica did make Ash sound like a guy though...haha

Anyways, I sort of formatted the first post, might get some changes here & there but yeah, just post the Dub Title, Air Date and source and I'll add them.

Edit: Also, as for the puns, isn't "In the Shadow of _____" some sort of saying or close to a saying...=/ I am probably wrong though but still glad they left out puns for these titles.

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Kinda irrelevant to what im going to say but Sarah's voicing isn't as terrible as it used to be. Also, for the Black & White Series, they should use a male voice actor.... why is Ash the only one to get a female VA? Not sexist or anything but Veronica did make Ash sound like a guy though...haha

Anyways, I sort of formatted the first post, might get some changes here & there but yeah, just post the Dub Title, Air Date and source and I'll add them.

Edit: Also, as for the puns, isn't "In the Shadow of _____" some sort of saying or close to a saying...=/ I am probably wrong though but still glad they left out puns for these titles.

I'm wondering if the third title wil lbe like A Critical Moment! Enter Sandile!

RickHoenn

Banned
OMG GREAT NEWS ZOMG!!!!

haha I hope they finally get rid of puns! :3

matt0044

I'm wondering if the third title wil lbe like A Critical Moment! Enter Sandile!

Or maybe "A Critical Moment For Sandile!" You know, shorten the Japanese title.

If not, then I just hope the ENG Opening is good at the very least. Just don't be disappointed when the JPN opening theme isn't kept.

Oh of course, I would never ask that they use a Japanese song as an opener, I mean can you imagine how awful it would be if some cartoon that's for kids were to have a song in it in some other language? *cough* Toy Story 3 *cough* Anyway joking aside I'm not really so picky as to insist that dubs leave the songs in Japanese like they do in Naruto or FMA, I would be just as ok with having the songs dubbed into English versions like the ones for One Piece (the FUNimation dub), DBZ Kai, or Yu Yu Hakusho heck it can't be difficult, the Japanese openings are almost all sung by Ash's Japanese voice, so they can just put Sarah up to a mic and tell her to sing this and bam done. If Sarah can't sing (I imagine her having a nice singing voice for some reason), call Vic Mignogna and ask him to sing it, can't go wrong there.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Oh of course, I would never ask that they use a Japanese song as an opener, I mean can you imagine how awful it would be if some cartoon that's for kids were to have a song in it in some other language? *cough* Toy Story 3 *cough* Anyway joking aside I'm not really so picky as to insist that dubs leave the songs in Japanese like they do in Naruto or FMA, I would be just as ok with having the songs dubbed into English versions like the ones for One Piece (the FUNimation dub), DBZ Kai, or Yu Yu Hakusho heck it can't be difficult, the Japanese openings are almost all sung by Ash's Japanese voice, so they can just put Sarah up to a mic and tell her to sing this and bam done. If Sarah can't sing (I imagine her having a nice singing voice for some reason), call Vic Mignogna and ask him to sing it, can't go wrong there.

Oh Vic. The ace in the hole for dubs :)

matt0044

Even so, if they do make a different ENG opening, it better be good.

matt0044

Could all of our wishes for a more accurate dub with Japanese BGM and less puns be coming true?

I don't know about more JPN music (though I hope) but I do expect less puns. But if there must be puns, they must be funny or have cheesy appeal.

I just want to know how they'll handle the Opening. If they're going to use to JPN opening sequence, then they'll have to pull some string with CN.

I wouldn't get your hopes too up so should the first two episodes of the dub be better than you expect, you'll be overjoyed.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I don't know about more JPN music (though I hope) but I do expect less puns. But if there must be puns, they must be funny or have cheesy appeal.

I just want to know how they'll handle the Opening. If they're going to use to JPN opening sequence, then they'll have to pull some string with CN.

I wouldn't get your hopes too up so should the first two episodes of the dub be better than you expect, you'll be overjoyed.

We might not even get an Opening for this 1-hour special... well thats what I think.