• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Noooo! Don't let the puns disappear.

Even though I think they won't disappear, it would be an absolute disaster. I prefer the pun titles they don't give away the plot of the episode before you have even watched it.

'Ferno

Top-Down Trainer
I would've called them "Foreshadowing Zekrom" and "The Iris of the storm" myself.

(even though the episode may have nothing to do with a storm...)

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
We might not even get an Opening for this 1-hour special... well thats what I think.

Why? We did for the DP special. Also I think this is just a hour premier of BW not a special. Myguest is they we just keep airing episodes weekly.

Rowdy

We might not even get an Opening for this 1-hour special... well thats what I think.

I think they'll use the Japanese opening, just shortened like they usually do for past seasons. It'll start at the beginning till Pikachu jumps off Reshiram, then jump to the group shot at the end.

As for them having the opening during the one hour premier? It all depends on if they will air episode 3 and on starting the next Saturday after and if they're combining episodes 1 and 2 or not.

I think they'll use the Japanese opening, just shortened like they usually do for past seasons. It'll start at the beginning till Pikachu jumps off Reshiram, then jump to the group shot at the end.

As for them having the opening during the one hour premier? It all depends on if they will air episode 3 and on starting the next Saturday after and if they're combining episodes 1 and 2 or not.

by Japanese opening do you mean the song left in Japanese with subtitles, or the opening dubbed in English?

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Why? We did for the DP special. Also I think this is just a hour premier of BW not a special. Myguest is they we just keep airing episodes weekly.

We got the DP Special on April 20, 2007, while it began airing episodes regularly June 2007..... and there was no opening:DP001 Page

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Episode 3
Title - A Sandile Gusher of Change
Date - 19th February 2011
Time - 9:00am

Episode 4
Title - The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice
Date - 26th February 2011

source msn tv schedule

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Episode 3
Title - A Sandile Gusher of Change
Date - 19th February 2011

Episode 4
Title - The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice
Date - 26th February 2011

source msn tv schedule

Off-topic: I find it funny how we both wanted to co-own the thread and since both of ours got merged, we each can post the titles.:p

On-topic: Again no puns???:D I'm liking where this is going.:D

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Off-topic: I find it funny how we both wanted to co-own the thread and since both of ours got merged, we each can post the titles.:p

On-topic: Again no puns???:D I'm liking where this is going.:D

i know :D

and the 3rd title is actually a pun but the 4th isn't but 3 out of 4 ain't bad but the english title added the tepig spoiler'' while the raw didn't

tmega90

Pokemon Trainer
I like these new titles! I really like The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice! That one sounds really cool. They are really cool and it confirms that the first two episodes weren't just a preview like some people thought.

matt0044

"A Sandile Gusher of Change"? Are we sure thats not somehow a pun? it just sounds...weird. But if it's not hopefully this confirms that TCPi is trying something new with the series.

Personally, I would've gone with Sandile's Critical Moment!

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Well there Sandile and there change. Were so damn close to the Javanese.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Personally, I would've gone with Sandile's Critical Moment!

That would've been too close to the japanese title, so I'm glad it's no where near the japanese title, the 4th one is okay i guess. I'm glad the battle club is the battle club in the dub, the battle center would have been better though.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Im surprised about the lack of puns in the titles. Sure, we're in sync with the Japanese titles, but it's starting to sound really bland. :x

Anywho, the titles for the first four episodes are alright. I can live with "In The Shadow of Zekrom"; I can feel a small hint or pun in there somewhere, so its a win win I guess.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Why does everyone think that every TCPi title must be a pun? This is not true just look at some of the sinnoh league episode titles.

Im glad episode 3 is a pun, looks like a fusion between 'The sands of time' and 'The winds of change' which I think is quite clever for a title. Can't wait to watch it :D.

I like this, doing things the way 4kids (back when they were considered ok) did things for season 1, have most episodes be a close translation, but have one out of every ten or so episodes be a cute little pun that isn't too obscure or annoying. Keep it up :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The first title does sound "punny" to me, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. The second one is my favorite so far. I remember people complaining that Japanese titles were full of spoilers, but this English title spoils the events of the episode more than the original title (hint: Tepig). I like it though, since it's straightforward.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Source MSN tv guide

Pokemon Black and white repeats will Be Changed from the 7:00am timeslot to 12:00am and 12:30 am only due to the 2 part special

after that each episode will repeat 12:00am every sunday afternoon