1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon: Sun & Moon Series Dub Title Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by KibaLG8, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Satomine Night

Satomine Night The Power of Z!

I do wonder about the need for the 'x' in "Egg-xhilarating" (assuming that's not a typo), but this title isn't so bad. It's by no means clever, and it's a bit lame, but it's not cringeworthy, and it at least fits the theme of the episode. I'd give it a 5/10.

2. mystic9899

mystic9899 Pokemon fan

the pun itself is fine, it's just the word that looks weird. in "egg-cellent", the "gg" was replacing the "x". in "egg-xhilirating", they just put two "g"s into the word without taking out anything. i guess it's a matter of how the word is said though.

3. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

Eh... I figured they would have changed it, to a cringier title of course.

4. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Caulifla v.s. _______

I don't think the title is that bad unlike some of the other ones tbh

5. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

They probably want to make sure people (well, little kids, anyway) remember to include the "Z" sound; to say egg-zill-ah-rating rather than egg-hill-ah-rating.

6. Pokegirl0102

Pokegirl0102 Well-Known Member

So there is no new episode this week???

7. Pokegirl Fan~

SM 5 airs this Saturday

8. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

You know what would make these titles a billion times better?

Just have Samson Oak be the one who read them all.

9. Pokegirl Fan~

That'd be hilarious tbh

10. Kodakliv

Kodakliv Pokemon Master!

Wait is the dub version now beginning?

11. mystic9899

mystic9899 Pokemon fan

disney xd is gonna start airing new episodes on may 13 at 9am/8pm ET, starting with SM03.

they're airing the volcanion movie and the first two SM episodes on the same day as well.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  12. Frozocrone

Frozocrone Miraculous!

Do you have a source for this?

13. Pokegirl Fan~

14. Pokegirl0102

Pokegirl0102 Well-Known Member

Wow so Disney XD is only going to be airing one episode and not doing a bomb of episodes :/

15. Pokegirl Fan~

They may air an episode a day for two weeks until they catch up to the other countries where the dub airs.

16. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

I doubt it. The very same link you provided also shows that on Friday, May 12, at 4/3c, they are airing "A Not-so-Flying Start!" so I expect them to continue their weekday reair of XY for now.

17. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

If Disney XD will be airing only one new SM episode weekly, then the dub (at least for the US) will be heavily falling behind both Japan and other countries. Japan will most likely be over the 30 episode mark by the time the SM dub starts on Disney XD.

18. Pokegirl Fan~

They could put XY on hold until SM catches up to the other countries though and then continue rerunning where they left off afterwards.

Edit: Looks like they are going to air episodes every day until they catch up.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  19. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

Thank Arceus. At least this way they won't always be behind, which they really shouldn't have been in the first place.

20. Pokegirl Fan~

If I'm counting it right, both teletoon and Disney xD will be at episode 10 on Saturday May 20th assuming and episodes airs every day until then.