• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
What a relief. I've been getting so annoyed with waiting. It's absurd that they took this long.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
That's pretty crazy. If they cared about not being super behind, why not just start airing things earlier? A week of Pokemon should be interesting.

It's probably the rules of the network. They want to have huge batches ready. The network rules programming and will do anything to keep things as they want to.

Good thing Naruto Shippuden pretty much died because of them so Toonami would get it back...

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It's probably the rules of the network. They want to have huge batches ready. The network rules programming and will do anything to keep things as they want to.

Good thing Naruto Shippuden pretty much died because of them so Toonami would get it back...

Naruto didn't really belong on Disney anyway. Even on XD. Or, at least it didn't back then. Now, with Star Wars Rebels, Star, Gravity Falls, I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
That's pretty crazy. If they cared about not being super behind, why not just start airing things earlier? A week of Pokemon should be interesting.

Possibly to promote switching to a new channel? Good thing it's just 2 more months of waiting rather than waiting until like July or August.

TheWanderingMist

I was going to say translation but then I re-read your post. Like Pokegirl Fan~ says, probably to promote the channel change. And also, so people won't complain when there aren't new episodes for a while when Japan decides to take a week-long break from it.

Possibly to promote switching to a new channel? Good thing it's just 2 more months of waiting rather than waiting until like July or August.

Less than a month, actually. Exciting, even though I've discovered subs now. I'm gonna stick with the dub until they stop dubbing it (not gonna happen anytime soon).

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I wonder what's going to happen after they air eps3-10 from Saturday to Saturday. Weekly episodes on Saturdays, or wait until they have 10 more episodes to air a whole week?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Took long enough, nobody gave a damn about XY. Cartoon Network is a basic channel for almost everybody, XD is not. Whoever wanted to see XY saw it, gen 6 is over. Literally the most liked comments on Pokemon stuff was "Screw XY, give us the Sun/Moon dub" for months, I'm not even joking. The recent "Kalos League" video they uploaded to Youtube was full of it as well
At least they gave Pokemon a time that normal people wake up on for Saturday. 9 am is way better than 6/7 am.

TheWanderingMist

At least they gave Pokemon a time that normal people wake up on for Saturday. 9 am is way better than 6/7 am.

Who knows why Cartoon Network did that. They had it on at 8 or 830 at the beginning of its run, which was a much better timeslot. And once XY is done, it'll probably also get the coveted 4 p.m. after school slot.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Who knows why Cartoon Network did that.

The network doesn't see any potential in letting anime that's for children air at reasonable hours, but you can tell they dislike it in general since they have zero advertisements in their commercials. Also, it's surely an inconvenience for programs that aren't made specifically for CN since they can't control them under their thumbs 24/7 other than airing them (unlike Teen Titans Go. Oh, Christina Miller just LOVES shoving it to our faces 24/7).

They would no doubt eradicate the rest of the non-CN-made shows in a heartbeat and replace it with something else (the usual answer being use Teen Titans Go for it). Followed by that, they would put Toonami on the chopping block. Adult Swim? Oh, that's staying forever all because of Family Guy reruns amassing too many views.

This is how chaotic CN has become. I want you to tell me what's so glaring with this chart by saying how many different shows they air in one day alone. And for reference, there was so much more yellow before.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

The network doesn't see any potential in letting anime that's for children air at reasonable hours, but you can tell they dislike it in general since they have zero advertisements in their commercials. Also, it's surely an inconvenience for programs that aren't made specifically for CN since they can't control them under their thumbs 24/7 other than airing them (unlike Teen Titans Go. Oh, Christina Miller just LOVES shoving it to our faces 24/7).

They would no doubt eradicate the rest of the non-CN-made shows in a heartbeat and replace it with something else (the usual answer being use Teen Titans Go for it). Followed by that, they would put Toonami on the chopping block. Adult Swim? Oh, that's staying forever all because of Family Guy reruns amassing too many views.

As a fan of the original Teen Titans, you have triggered me with your mention Teen Titans Go! I'll have my lawyers send over the papers for mental anguish.

The days when Toonami was on mid-afternoon were the best. You had Naruto, Pokemon, Megas XLR, random Hayazaki film marathons, etc. Cartoon Network failed to keep Toonami down, if they're 2015 revival is anything to go by.

EDIT/UPDATE: 2013 revival, apparently. It certainly doesn't feel like it's been four years since they restarted due to an April Fool's Day prank.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Hopefully we won't have to wait for months like this every year.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Agreed. I wouldn't mind a week's worth of episodes for when a new generation starts though. But not for every time a new season starts.

A new generation is debatable. Certainly its better than stopping between random seasons within the generation, but five months is a very long time to be on break for a show that airs every week in Japan. I certainly do miss the days when we never took breaks.

Vipsoccermaster

So we finally have a release date of Saturday, May 13, 2017, I see. And a whole week of new episodes, nice. Good timing, too, since by the time I finish the Spring 2017 semester (and just only two more class sessions to go until then), I only have to wait a week for Pokémon anime fun.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
wobbuffet's dub voice actor changed. he's voiced by erica shroeder now instead of kayzie rogers. was a good 16-year run for rogers.

TheWanderingMist

wobbuffet's dub voice actor changed. he's voiced by erica shroeder now instead of kayzie rogers. was a good 16-year run for rogers.

Wonder if she's planning on leaving Pokemon or something. No real reason to change the VA otherwise. For an imitation, Schroeder does pretty well, but it's definitely noticeable.