• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Wonder if she's planning on leaving Pokemon or something. No real reason to change the VA otherwise. For an imitation, Schroeder does pretty well, but it's definitely noticeable.

agreed but I still don't really get why people are so mad at the change or have the reactions they do. It didn't really bother me and still has a good effect in being silly! But im surprised someone would give up that role :p

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Also Disney XD will go back to premiering episodes weekly once they finish the week long premiere, starting on May 27th.

YES!!!
So happy we don't have to wait again

TheWanderingMist

Also Disney XD will go back to premiering episodes weekly once they finish the week long premiere, starting on May 27th.

I was kind of hoping for daily but that's asking a bit much. At least we get a week straight at first.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
wobbuffet's dub voice actor changed. he's voiced by erica shroeder now instead of kayzie rogers. was a good 16-year run for rogers.

Wow they really changed Wobbuffet's voice? I know there was a time where Kayzie Rogers went away from the anime (first dubbed DP season iirc) for a while and her voice clips were reused, but sad to see that she most likely seems to have retired. Maybe the dubbers didn't want to rely on reused footage again, but it is shocking to see a major character change VA that wasn't due to The Big Voice Switch of 2006.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
If they aired it daily then there'd be alot of hiatuses throughout the year and it sounds way too messy and inconsistent to me.

You know how XY01-02 aired just 2 days after they did in Japan? If that were possible, I don't understand why it couldn't always happen. Air daily for a while until catching up all the way to Japan, and then air weekly with Japan (not targeted at you specifically, but quoted you in order to verbalize a point I've been wondering for a while)

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

You know how XY01-02 aired just 2 days after they did in Japan? If that were possible, I don't understand why it couldn't always happen. Air daily for a while until catching up all the way to Japan, and then air weekly with Japan (not targeted at you specifically, but quoted you in order to verbalize a point I've been wondering for a while)

Translation still takes time. As does getting all the voice acting done. The premieres are different because those happen way in advance.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Translation still takes time. As does getting all the voice acting done. The premieres are different because those happen way in advance.

Okay, I didn't know the way they produce the premieres is different from the rest of the episodes. Thanks!

Yeah Lilligant, don't be an airhead.

That's not nice. I asked a question and got an answer. People should be allowed to ask questions on things they don't know.

Vipsoccermaster

Having every dubbed episode air just after two days Japan airs the episodes wouldn't be good at all. Japan do breaks approximately once every month or two, while the United States doesn't do breaks like Japan does, only between seasons and rarely the holidays of Christmas and New Year's Day. It would be odd in the United States to air an episode that didn't happen in Japan yet.

But like TheWanderingMist said, it all takes time and premieres are special that the writers/animators hand them to TPCI far before they air in Japan.

TheWanderingMist

Since Mimey appears in SM024, who are you hoping will become its new dub voice when the dubbed version airs?

It'll probably be Erica Schroeder again. She seems to have a good imitation of Rodgers down, even if long time viewers can tell it's off.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
SM010: Trial and Tribulation
SM011: Young Kiawe Had a Farm

Don't mind SM010's title. SM011, though.... that's just awful.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
What are you talking about? SM011 is hilarious xD

TheWanderingMist

SM010: Trial and Tribulation
SM011: Young Kiawe Had a Farm

Don't mind SM010's title. SM011, though.... that's just awful.

SM0010 is fine, SM0011 is annoyingly singsong-y.