• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Lol is every grand trial episode going to be "Trial(s) and ______ation(s)"

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
SM036: Trials and Determinations!
Airdate: October 21

Source: Zap2it

What is it with the Grand Trial episodes having very samey titles? That is what I call nothing but laziness on TPCi's part.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
SM037: Rising from the Ruins!
Airs: October 28

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
SM037: Rising from the Ruins!
Airs: October 28

So with this airing being before US/UM's release, Dusk Lycanroc is pulling a Roxie by being introduced in the anime before their debut games' release. Roxie's debut in the anime aired before the release of B2/W2, the games she debuted in, and now we're getting something similar with Dusk Lycanroc.

Vipsoccermaster

So with this airing being before US/UM's release, Dusk Lycanroc is pulling a Roxie by being introduced in the anime before their debut games' release. Roxie's debut in the anime aired before the release of B2/W2, the games she debuted in, and now we're getting something similar with Dusk Lycanroc.
This is true for Japan, but this is completely false in the English dub. Black 2 & White 2 were released in the United States on Sunday, October 7, 2012. Roxie made its English debut in the United States on Saturday, October 13, 2012. Roxie debuted nine days before Black 2 & White 2 were released in Japan, while she debuted six days after Black 2 & White 2 were released in United States.

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
This is true for Japan, but this is completely false in the English dub. Black 2 & White 2 were released in the United States on Sunday, October 7, 2012. Roxie made its English debut in the United States on Saturday, October 13, 2012. Roxie debuted nine days before Black 2 & White 2 were released in Japan, while she debuted six days after Black 2 & White 2 were released in United States.

I didn't know B2/W2 came afterwards in the dub, but then again it is my foggy memory.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Don't know. It could just be due to DuckTales that it moved.

Vipsoccermaster

So has the time slot for Sun/Moon changed or is today's showing at 7:30 Eastern Time just a one-time deal and it's going back to normal next week?
Can confirm that the time slot changed just for today. Will be back to normal after today. No changes for the repeat runs.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Please don't put spoilers in this thread outside of spoiler tags. This is a thread about the dub which means that people visit it who only watch the dub :( ugh

TheWanderingMist

And by the way, said movie will still be shown on TV for those who don't want to pay for a movie ticket.

Kind of makes the point moot.

Is this going to be a nation wide release in theaters or just select theaters like I think some after movie 3/4/5? have been?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
You can check the full list of theatres on the fathom website, it's a pretty wide release, frankly.

Chris, how is it moot? The movie theatre experience is so much better than TV. Plus, Disney XD is a paid channel as well. Not everybody has it

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
You can check the full list of theatres on the fathom website, it's a pretty wide release, frankly.

Chris, how is it moot? The movie theatre experience is so much better than TV. Plus, Disney XD is a paid channel as well. Not everybody has it

Let's be honest.

The anime dub is not exactly what anyone would call top rated enough to be featured in theaters, though I guess they pulled these stops because of anniversary thingies.

And isn't it way more affordable to have Disney XD available anyway?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

It's more convenient paying for Disney XD a month and watching it from the comfort of your home.... whenever you like thanks to DVR, than driving HOURS to go see it!
Quite a few states aren't showing the movie, including mine. It's not widely released at all if you'd need to drive 8 hours to see it.... or more. Especially when it is going to be on TV eventually... or maybe the Pokemon TV thing itself.

I mean if Brock was in it, I'd drive 12 hours to go see it.....

TheWanderingMist

Seems it'll be playing fairly close to me (2 hours away at most). Guess I should get some tickets then.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Sorry, when i said it is a pretty wide release, I meant in comparison to other fathom events, which usually have fewer theatres, not in comparison to an actual wide release, which obviously has WAY more theatres.

Also, it will just be a quick ride on the subway for me that night, so I honestly wasn't thinking about paying for gas on long drives if it's not locally available. I do apologize.

With the price of gas aside though, chris, I'm not sure how you can think a monthly cable bill is cheaper than one movie ticket.