• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I guess I'm lucky that it seems to be playing close by where I live since I don't have Disney xD And I would love to see a Pokemon movie in a theater again.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Chris, read above about Pokégirl Fan's situation. That's the kind of thing I'm talking about. Paying an entire monthly cable bill just to see the movie is not really a viable alternative, and it's therefore quite nice it's being shown in theatres. And it is NOT moot

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Why not released it in Japanese with English subtitles instead?

Probably because it is a kid's show based on video game franchise that is popular worldwide and has different names for many of the characters for each language. Kids would get confused as to why Charizard is called Lizardon in an animé. And given that it's a kids series based on a video game franchise for all ages, the market for a Japanese version with English subtitles probably isn't as large as it would be for a different animé not based on a video game franchise.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Plus, the anime is sacred in Japan that it's so integrated to their culture...

...and thus costs a lot of money to pay for royalties that include Japanese voices and music to air over here.

Oddly though, some anime I've never heard of is getting a two-day fathom events release just like Pokémon except that the first night is SUBBED and the second day is DUBBED. Like.....what?

http://bit.ly/2xLoulU

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
SM038: Mimikyu Unmasked!
Airs: November 4
Source: Zap2it

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

The title is a complete lie

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

HA.
What a troll title, even worse than the sub's was. I'm still bummed they didn't show it off

playerking

SM039: Mallow and the Forest Teacher!
Airs: November 11
Source: Disney XD Calendar

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Awesome! It seems we'll get an actual Mallow episode after so many complained this week that she did nothing in Ash's trial episode. Btw, I was not amongst the complainants and thought she played her role well as it was Ash's trial

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Awesome! It seems we'll get an actual Mallow episode after so many complained this week that she did nothing in Ash's trial episode. Btw, I was not amongst the complainants and thought she played her role well as it was Ash's trial

Even if the episode stars her, it's actually much more about her father than her own development. Sadly.

Not even in her own episode she's allowed to have some sort of growth.

playerking

SM040: Balloons, Brionne, and Belligerence!
Airs: November 18, 2017

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
SM040: Balloons, Brionne, and Belligerence!
Airs: November 18, 2017

Okay, I guess that works...Belligerence doesn't really fit though

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Well, I hope it's better than the last alliterative title: The Sun, the Scare, the Secret Lair! which imo is the #1 most overrated episode in Pokémon history, since everybody seems to be obsessed with it even though Team Rocket didn't even beat Ash