1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon: Sun & Moon Series Dub Title Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by KibaLG8, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

A fine title. It's exactly what the episode is showcasing, after all.

Of course they won't. They think it's fun and funny, which may be towards the younger audiences, but not to the older audiences.

If you were to choose the titles for these Sun & Moon episodes, we probably won't be having these puns, alliterations, and obscure book references as much. Let's say 1 in 50 you do the puns/alliterations, but TPCi do good titles 1 in 50.

2. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

What kids even know what belligerence means? Yet alone know how to spell it.

Back to the horrible puns, even I could come up with better puns and mine suck.

3. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

I'm so annoyed at TPCi picking all these stupid alliterations. SM episode titles are a real downgrade compared to previous generations, except for probably BW and their complex ones.

4. lolipiece

lolipiece Check it out! Staff Member Moderator

...You people are aware that the Japanese titles are also full of puns and alliteration, right?

Sure, it'd be annoying elsewhere, but here it fits.

5. Pokegirl0102

Pokegirl0102 Well-Known Member

I wish the English dub would do another marathon, so that we can at least be a month behind Japan

6. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

I think the Japanese ones are even worse.

7. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

I love the puns and alliterations! They are fun!

Anyway, what's the pun here? I thought it's just a punless alliteration like SM012.

8. Vipsoccermaster

9. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

SM041: Mounting an Electrifying Charge!
    Airs: Novemer 25
    Source: Zap2it

SM042: Alola, Kanto!
    Airs: Novemer 25
    Source: Zap2it

10. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Samayo Kiri, Keeper of the Gates Ethereal

Yay! Double episode! They're splitting up the Kanto part then,

11. The double episode is most likely for the movie promotion, but episodes 42 and 43 would have made more sense for an hour special.

12. Pokegirl0102

Pokegirl0102 Well-Known Member

Yes especially for the people who go be disspaointed that
    Brock and Misty are not in the movie.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  13. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

Maybe you should put that in a spoiler tag for dub-only watchers.

14. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Hahahaha, I had a feeling the movie would be aired on tv eventually but not that soon.
    Episode 42 and 43 make more sense to air together though.

15. Vipsoccermaster

We probably would have gotten SM42 and SM43 aired together if it wasn't for Duck Tales special hogging all day on Saturday, August 12, 2017.

And I was wrong about my prediction about SM42 being aired in December (specifically Saturday, December 2, 2017), and suffice to say, I'm happy that I was wrong and getting the episode earlier than predicted.

16. LilligantLewis

I'm SO happy because my sisters and I will be home for Thanksgiving and will be able to watch at least 1 Misty and Brock episode with my sisters!!!! Grew up watching Kanto and Johto with them in the 90s /early 2000s :)

17. Vipsoccermaster

Good for you! You'll be able to relieve that childhood moment again!

Also, I think SM43 (which is still untitled and lacks an air date) may be the last episode for the first season of Pokémon The Series: Sun and Moon. According to Eddy Lee, the English voice actor for Gladion, claims that SM44 will be the first episode of the second season. Unknown when that will start airing, but it looks like the United States may be in for the usual break between seasons.

Source

18. LilligantLewis

Well this is very intriguing. And thanks playerking for getting the clarification from him in this tweet thread. It definitely appears true, meaning this will become the shortest season since Season 13, which was only short because it was the end of the generation, not due to a TPCi decision like this one will be.

It's possible they're just doing it to end the season in December, which is when Seasons 16-18 all ended before last year's blip.

I have to wonder though.. do they know something we don't?

Such as..... maybe Generation VIII is coming in the early fall of 2018, which would make the SM series less than 100 total episodes, which is why this season is so short.. to make both seasons of SM about equal length.

It would make sense too, since Ash already has completed half the islands of the whole generation.

19. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

Unless the Switch game turns out to be a remake, this region won't have a lot of episodes.

20. Not if the switch game is delayed until 2019

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017