• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sunday Variety Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

hevver

Heart of Darkness
I hope the starter isn't going to follow me around all the time. I hope/think it's optional...

Anyway, as Tyrannotaur said: Sugimori arts are awesome. Never disappoints.

Finally I can play the 4th generation with a cooler character... The male player from GSC is my favorite. The DPP guy looks like a French guy... (not that I don't like France :))

Can't wait for more info/stuff/pics/videos/whatever.

I agree. The rival is also very fitting.
He's my favorite rival in all of the games
with Gary.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
@ I love the new, remixed New Bark Town music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0j9AOEhzO8

It sounds so familiar because it's from the original games. It's not a remix at all.

@ h0v0r: I agree; GS's rival is my favorite too. He's just such a jerk, even moreso than Gary, which just makes him all that much more fun to totally annihilate...

Kreis

Still Dirrty
@ I love the new, remixed New Bark Town music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0j9AOEhzO8

It sounds so familiar because it's from the original games. It's not a remix at all.

@ h0v0r: I agree; GS's rival is my favorite too. He's just such a jerk, even moreso than Gary, which just makes him all that much more fun to totally annihilate...

Actually, it is remixed. You're listening to a covered version of the video so you wouldn't have to hear the people talking. If you listen carefully you'll be able to hear the difference.

pit-fall

Angels Amoonguss
Anyone have the pictures of the starters?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Pity we can't quite get a full hearing out of the new New Bark Town music, although I can hear it well enough. Seems ok... although I'd prefer a better listen first before fully making my mind. Also seems slower-paced than the original.

Anyway, hurrah for video footage of New Bark Town. A few things such as the rival returning being revealed (standing in the same spot, no less!) were especially gladdening for me, although not unexpected.

Last edited:

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Has anyone else noticed the wind turbines? The spin round and round and round....

But the stairs (took me ages to notice them) and the things looking like underground vents are promising too.

I got all excited because the one I saw had some nice remixed music, but then I realised the video poster just added that...

Has anyone else noticed the wind turbines? The spin round and round and round....

But the stairs (took me ages to notice them) and the things looking like underground vents are promising too.

I got all excited because the one I saw had some nice remixed music, but then I realised the video poster just added that...

Yeah, I did!

Did anyone else notice that leaves where flying across the screen as well, and that their was a small object next to Proffesor Elm's Laboratory? And that the sun cast a five o'clock shadow on it?

And also that the generic world NPC's have had a makeover, as you can see with the girl near the western exit.

Well, they're not exactly going to leave npc's a 8 bit four colour sprites are they?

I didn't see the leaves...

If you look closely at the video, you can see white lines occaisonally going across the screen, I thought that was just the video quality, but then I looked closer, and it's leaves flying across the screen because of the wind.

That mean New Bark Town and Twinleaf Town will be the first starting towns to have weather conditions.

New Bark Town - Wind
Twinleaf Town - Snow (but it doesn't snow it snowing, it just appears in the town.)

Red1062

So Cool
Wow the gameplay vid looks amazing. Is the white streaks wind? I would believe so because the windmills are spinning in the vid. And I really want to know what those steps are for.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
The white streaks are wind, nice addition, but the graphics look worse than DP.

The graphics look exactly the same. Why would GameFreak lower the quality of their graphics?

BCVM22

but the graphics look worse than DP.

Disregarding the fact that this literally can't be the case, since HG/SS likely run on the exact same engine as D/P/Pt on the exact same hardware, you do realize you're watching footage recorded and converted and put through all sorts of wringers to get it on TV/the Internet and therefore yes, there's going to be a little quality drop in the process, right?

I swear, people have a list of complaints they're going to stick to, no matter how little sense they make.

Alloute

Not Banned
Disregarding the fact that this literally can't be the case, since HG/SS likely run on the exact same engine as D/P/Pt on the exact same hardware, you do realize you're watching footage recorded and converted and put through all sorts of wringers to get it on TV/the Internet and therefore yes, there's going to be a little quality drop in the process, right?

I swear, people have a list of complaints they're going to stick to, no matter how little sense they make.

LIKE I SAID, the graphics look worse than DP^_^

I wonder why they added wind to these games, and not to DP's Valley Windworks.

Red1062

So Cool
The white streaks are wind, nice addition, but the graphics look worse than DP.

Oh ok there wind then like I thought. I'm sure the game will look better though actually in my hand. It still looks amazing to me from that vid but most likely look way better in my hand.

Alloute

Not Banned
So like you said, you're going to stick to your predetermined baseless nitpicking no matter how nonsensical it gets. Good luck with that.

Like I said "The graphics look worse than DP" ^_^

I don't see how Kanto will be included in HG/SS, I suppose there will be more space available in the cartridges....

Thank you Pokemon Sunday

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.