• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sunday Variety Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red1062

So Cool
Kanto would probably look awesome in the game. We'll get to see a DS version of Kanto and a DS version of Johto in the same game. So its a win win.

sam_h12

WHERE IS PIDGEOT?!
BCVM22, we understand your petty comments are a cry for love and attention, but you wont find either on an internet forum. Maybe you should get back to real life and sort that out for yourself because clearly you're wasting your time here.

Didn't DP only use half the available memory, even with all 493 Pokemon data? So I guess there's no reason Kanto can't be included, unless they just can't be bothered, which isn't likely, considering how much there is graphically in Newbark Town already - windmills, those stairs, wind, more complex buildings, underground vents...

Alloute

Not Banned
Didn't DP only use half the available memory, even with all 493 Pokemon data? So I guess there's no reason Kanto can't be included, unless they just can't be bothered, which isn't likely, considering how much there is graphically in Newbark Town already - windmills, those stairs, wind, more complex buildings, underground vents...

Where did you hear that stuff about memory?

iAmDewgong

Not too shabby
> Didn't DP only use half the available memory, even with all 493 Pokemon data? So I guess there's no reason Kanto can't be included, unless they just can't be bothered, which isn't likely, considering how much there is graphically in Newbark Town already - windmills, those stairs, wind, more complex buildings, underground vents...

However, I think that a 100% packed cartridge would run kind of slow... Might be wrong though. But a computer with a filled HD runs much slower than one with 50%, so yah.

Skully367

*waits for HGSS*
To be honest, I would rather see the orange islands than kanto and there isn really and reson to go to kanto apart from battling gym leaders.

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
WHY THE ORANGE ISLANDS?! :|

I'm just worried to what will happen to Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile when the player uses the Bicycle :S will they just disappear? It would be cool to see them on the player's head... but then... what would the player do to Feraligatr, Meganium and Typhlosion :|

Skirgedot

WHY THE ORANGE ISLANDS?! :|

I'm just worried to what will happen to Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile when the player uses the Bicycle :S will they just disappear? It would be cool to see them on the player's head... but then... what would the player do to Feraligatr, Meganium and Typhlosion :|

Maybe because we've seen Kanto three times now and no Orange Islands at all? Although I seriously don't believe they'll ever include those islands in the games, but ok. I just don't want Kanto again. -_-'

Skully367

*waits for HGSS*
Didn't the orange islands have something to do with celebi?

EDIT:
Wait...no, it was the GSball wasn't it?

Last edited:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Orange Islands were used as an anime bridge for episodes in-between Kanto and Johto or something along those lines - it is unlikely to see them in the games - the anime and games are separate things for starters. Only time that they've mixed was in Yellow, ans that was the game's riding on the huge success the anime had then - has never happened since, and never to the point of an anime-specific place being put in the game as well.

Unless memory somehow does become an issue, we'll more than likely see Kanto again - hopefully they don't downsize in like they had in GSC (which apparently was because of memory issues then).

Skirgedot

the orange islands will NEVER be in the main games, we have the sevii islands
get over it fast
anime=/=games

Yeah, and so people like you always said that GSC remakes would NEVER, EVER be released. D:

Nothing is impossible so far. And memory issues would come if they want to make two big regions, something that would NOT appear if we're talking about a small group of islands.

Blazing Charmander

I wonder why they added wind to these games, and not to DP's Valley Windworks.

Maybe they didn't recognise the obvious opportunity to do so at the time, although you would've thought that Platinum's additions of minor yet cool aesthetic changes would have included that. Not something that somebody's gonna lose sleep over, mind you. ;)

Just in case the need of the addition of wind here has flew over people's heads by the way, it could be a reference to New Bark Town's renowned slogan - "Winds of New Beginning". Nice touch indeed.

I was also glad to wake up this morning to the small teaser showing New Bark Town in Gen IV graphics. Not only that, but also the overworld sprites of the characters, and the somewhat unanticipated inclusion of your Pokemon following you. Nice. I also like how Game Freak have made the game map significantly huger than that in Gen II, which is much needed considering how the Johto region was extremely small and easy to explore in GSC.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
I think the steps are jsut a porch for the lulz by the game creators...

nothing special, although I dont reall care if it IS a rival but I HILGHY doubt it...

JUST A DECORATON...

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, and so people like you always said that GSC remakes would NEVER, EVER be released. D:

Nothing is impossible so far. And memory issues would come if they want to make two big regions, something that would NOT appear if we're talking about a small group of islands.
I said the same thing and I always thought GS remakes would happen. =P So playing that card doesn't quite work on me...

It could always happen, yes - just like how Hoenn could always happen in this game, or Johto is the only place you can go to. But it doesn't change the fact that it is unlikely, simply because the people who made the orange islands and the anime are not Game Freak, and have nothing to do with the games, and vice versa. In fact if they wanted the Orange Islands, they could have done it in Yellow's time, when they did go as far as to slip in a few anime-related references in - yet they hadn't. It's like how the anime had additional places in it that never appeared in the games - just that none of them were as big as the Orange Islands - it was used as a bridge in-between them waiting to use Johto for the anime, which wasn't out then. Or something along those lines.

At any rate - it is highly unlikely to happen. Besides, this is a remake - at the very least Kanto should be here to stay. Keeping the main stuff the same and all. Besides, where would the Elite Four be then? And to a previous post, if beating gyms is the only thing to do in Kanto (and possibly there will be even more than that), then what does the Orange Islands offer instead of another full 8 gyms? =/

goinGreen

<-I herd u Liek me?
Did anyone else notice the music for New Bark Town was incredibly slow? It had a nice tone to it though, very peaceful. It sounded almost Zelda-reminiscent (although I'm probably one of very few to think that.)

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Did anyone else notice the music for New Bark Town was incredibly slow? It had a nice tone to it though, very peaceful. It sounded almost Zelda-reminiscent (although I'm probably one of very few to think that.)
Yeah, i picked that it was at a slower tempo than the previous one. (And if you don't believe that I did, I think I posted it earlier someplace =P) It was peaceful - leastways, from what I could make out from it while the people on the show shouted at each other on who looked cooler in which Pokemon suit - Lucario or Chimchar. -_-

wolfy

Has anyone stopped to consider that the starter only follows you right before you claim it as yours? I mean in the originals didn't you take the starter ut into the woods or something and end up having to battle your rival? I'm not saying having your starter follow you wouldn't be cool, but ya know, I'm just pointing out another option...

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
Yes we have coonsiderd it, but when you first get it it is yours there is no 'you dont own it but have it' period according to my memory.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
He gives you a Pokemon as a reward for doing the task of going to Mr Pokemon. So yeah it was always your starter. So I think instead of just normally growing on to you it likes you so much it decides to stay by your side all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.