• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sunday Variety Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
I could of sworn that he gave you the starter as a sort of bodyguard, then let you keep it as a reward/because Oak said you were so great with it.

I'm glad they didn't go with FRLG and try a different overworld style. FRLG's slightly different view annoyed me.

If anything, I think the graphics will be better then DP, because they've shown they're adding little subtle animations, where previously only water and magic dancing flowers animated.

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I could of sworn that he gave you the starter as a sort of bodyguard, then let you keep it as a reward/because Oak said you were so great with it.

I'm glad they didn't go with FRLG and try a different overworld style. FRLG's slightly different view annoyed me.

If anything, I think the graphics will be better then DP, because they've shown they're adding little subtle animations, where previously only water and magic dancing flowers animated.
And the buildings. Look at those details! Anyway yeah if you want go watch the beginning of GSC on youtube or something i dunno. I remember he gave you the Pokemon for the journey or something I can't remember and I'm too bothered to find 4 batteries for my game boy brick.

ArchsageX

I saw some things about data earlier in the topic. That's sort of my specialty so I'll be answering questions.

DPPt didn't even use half of a DS cartridge's memory even with all that data. Someone said that a game at 100% data would run slowly, that is false. Final Fantasy IV DS takes up nearly all the cartridge (the dev team had trouble fitting it all into the cartridge) and it runs perfectly.

Last edited:

Lemonade

I think they were trying to give the game more of an older, more 'classic' feel.
Basically, they tried to turn it into a exact replica of RBY with nicer graphics.

But yeah, I think they're actually trying a little harder with this one.
...But why must that Chikorita overworld sprite look so horrendous? ;-; Did they just slap on an unfinished version of it for the teaser or something?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

That is pretty much what happens, but he lets you keep it because it's grown to like you so much.

DPPt didn't even use half of a DS cartridge's memory even with all that data. Someone said that a game at 100% data would run slowly, that is false. Final Fantasy IV DS takes up nearly all the cartridge (the dev team had trouble fitting it all into the cartridge) and it runs perfectly.

Whereas that is true, the bigger SD cards have slower data transfer rates, and that is probably what they were talking about when they said slower.

But yeah, I think they're actually trying a little harder with this one.
...But why must that Chikorita overworld sprite look so horrendous? ;-; Did they just slap on an unfinished version of it for the teaser or something?

It looks fine, just like a Chikorita o_O

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
Am I missing something (this is what happens when you leave a thread like this for a few hours :/ ) or is your starter going to... eternally follow you... like in Yellow with Pikachu?

Is EVERY Pokemon going to have this ability? Why is there no thread about it? Ahhhggh

Pachirissu!!

I gots me a Pikachu.
I made a thread about this, but it hasn't been approved. Not that I care much, but I'm also curious whether it will be throughout the whole game, or only in New Bark Town.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
We dont know, thats what were discussin, weather the starter will follow you everywhere or not.

Its all speculaton though.

I personaly hope its for the entire game, itd be fun. but the novelty would wear off, fast...

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Am I missing something (this is what happens when you leave a thread like this for a few hours :/ ) or is your starter going to... eternally follow you... like in Yellow with Pikachu?

Is EVERY Pokemon going to have this ability? Why is there no thread about it? Ahhhggh

Well, we don't know fi they're going to follow you forever. See, it might just be until you get back from Mr. Pokemon's house after running that errand about the Mysterious Egg for Elm, and then your Pokemon will go back in it's ball ro something.

As for every Pokemon...
Well, no. I mean, Wailord. That is enough.

This. it's just unrealistic, I mean, Water Pokemon with no legs just cant do it and Pokemon that are huge. Groudon following you around? xD

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I guess the following chikortia has been discussed?

What does this mean?

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
Dude groudon following you around would be awesome.

...-sigh- well, I geuss corocoro might tell us sometihng...

I hope that they follow you for the whole game

I THINK it'tl just be for the errand(spelling?) portion though...

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Dude groudon following you around would be awesome.

...-sigh- well, I geuss corocoro might tell us sometihng...

I hope that they follow you for the whole game

I THINK it'tl just be for the errand(spelling?) portion though...

I hope they don't follow you for the whole game, although I cannot find a reason why a pokemon would spend some time out of its pokeball and then just go back in.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I guess the following chikortia has been discussed?

What does this mean?

It means there is a Chikorita following you xD

We have no idea what it means yet, other than for at least a little while your starter will follow you. But as for the limitations, we have no idea if there are any.

ap13095

Noobslayer
Actually, I think your starter will only follow you for the duration of the errand, simply because, in technical terms, you don't own it as of then.

Jigglypuff5000

But it does make the most sense that it only follows you until Elm officially gives it to you after the errand.
I don't know why that's so hard for everyone to believe.

Why would Nintendo choose to show it off in the first trailer if it's only there for 5 minutes then? Trailers are for hyping new and returning features in games as well as showcasing gameplay, they wouldn't include this if it's role is that short.

It's an obvious nod to Yellow and thus will remain so throughout the game, albeit with at least starters and Amity Square able pokemon [probably]. Why is this so hard for folk like you to understand?

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I would like to be able to have any of your pokemon (pokemon you have in your party) follow you. Even up to six!

I see no reason why this isn't possible. Each pokemon now has it's own chibi now and it's something that's been done before in Dragon Warrior Monsters (though you were limited to three monsters following you since that's all you could bring with you).

Last edited:

Yoru Ryu

Zhampy
Jigglypuff5000 said:
Why would Nintendo choose to show it off in the first trailer if it's only there for 5 minutes then? Trailers are for hyping new and returning features in games as well as showcasing gameplay, they wouldn't include this if it's role is that short.

Probably for the same reason they made a deal about how Sinnoh was colder in Platinum then only had a scratty bit of snow in and around Twinleaf Town. Small things get people excited. I certainly know i was expecting more visual difference in Sinnoh in Platinum but turns out it was just an excuse to give Dawn/Lucas an outfit change.

Status
Not open for further replies.