• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sunday Variety Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Probably for the same reason they made a deal about how Sinnoh was colder in Platinum then only had a scratty bit of snow in and around Twinleaf Town. Small things get people excited. I certainly know i was expecting more visual difference in Sinnoh in Platinum but turns out it was just an excuse to give Dawn/Lucas an outfit change.
True but this is something much much more then a visual change and such. This is a key feature that no ever thought would be seen again. People seeing this would go oh wow you can travel with your starter! and think well this will be an interesting journey. The snow thing was just an excuse for the new outfits. And sinnoh was colder. Just lets say somehow pollution didn't allow the snow to freeze over the cities.

hevver

Heart of Darkness
I would like to be able to have any of your pokemon (pokemon you have in your party) follow you. Even up to six!

I see no reason why this isn't possible. Each pokemon now has it's own chibi now and it's something that's been done before in Dragon Warrior Monsters (though you were limited to three monsters following you since that's all you could bring with you).

Eww no.
If you want that to happen, purchase
Pokemon Ranger.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I would like to be able to have any of your pokemon (pokemon you have in your party) follow you. Even up to six!

I see no reason why this isn't possible. Each pokemon now has it's own chibi now and it's something that's been done before in Dragon Warrior Monsters (though you were limited to three monsters following you since that's all you could bring with you).

There wont be that many following you. We don't even know if they made sprites for every Pokemon. And you draw reference to a game that is not Pokemon. just because it IS possible does not mean it will happen.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Woah chill out. I can't express my opinions but you can? There's a nicer way to disagree.

Yoru Ryu

Zhampy
True but this is something much much more then a visual change and such. This is a key feature that no ever thought would be seen again. People seeing this would go oh wow you can travel with your starter! and think well this will be an interesting journey. The snow thing was just an excuse for the new outfits. And sinnoh was colder. Just lets say somehow pollution didn't allow the snow to freeze over the cities.

But we don't know if it's a key feature yet. I'm of the thought that your strater will only stay out of its ball while you're going to Mr Pokemon's house and if that's the case then it's not a key feature. Just a fun little gimmick. I would actually enjoy having my starter follow me around though, but i don't like to get my hopes up. Game Freak have this habbit of making a big deal over something that only lasts for a short while. So until i see a longer trailer past the beginning of the game i'm gonna stay skeptical.

Last edited:

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I loved the scene where they were revealing the new Ken Sugimori artwork for the new starters, and every time they revealed one of them they almost fainted, acting in a way as if they had never ever seen them before. Was expecting a little bit more information though, but still loved the info about the starter following you.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791

Well, what about amity sqaure? That allowed you to have pokemon out of their pokeballs.

so it hasn't been seen since DPPT technacly :p

I just wonder why there wasnt a fuss then...

(maybe that means it WILL be for the whole game!?! -shot-)

BLADEDGE

loves a puzzle
Can anyone do a sub of the episode?

Ryo

o rly?
I'd like for it to be an optional thing. Talk to it to make it go back in it's ball. Or something of the like.
I really like the idea of having your starter+it's evolutions (And other 'Poke-park'-able pokemon) following you throughout the journey.

It's an obvious nod to Yellow

YOU ALL READ IT TOO- YELLOW REMAKE THEORIES START NAO.

hawaiian ale

zapdos master hoo ra
i would like to be able to have any of your pokemon (pokemon you have in your party) follow you. Even up to six!

I see no reason why this isn't possible. Each pokemon now has it's own chibi now and it's something that's been done before in dragon warrior monsters (though you were limited to three monsters following you since that's all you could bring with you).

please no cause den i honestly think it ruinz da game if it does dat

stick to pokemon ranger

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
But we had pokemon following you in the overworld in DPPT...

does that mean theyre hinting at a yellow remake in dppt?

(Im being sarcastic about the yellow remake thing BTW)

TSL

Mischievous.
Not sure if this has been mentioned but...
New Bark Town is the "Town Where Winds of a New Beginning Blow" so maybe the wind's just an allusion to it's concept?

ForeverFlame

Does anybody else think that it's just temporary (until you actually get your starter)? Until they show footage of you in a different city with your starter following you, I'm going to assume that it's just for the first portion of the game.

Surfing_Pikachu

*sigh* i expected a lot more from the show. Judging from the clip it looks like they did a pretty good job on improving the frame rate from D/P/P. I just recently played Emerald again, and i was completely shocked at how quickly and smoothly it ran. I think the main problem was all the 3D models that made some lag because they were hard to render.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
*sigh* i expected a lot more from the show. Judging from the clip it looks like they did a pretty good job on improving the frame rate from D/P/P. I just recently played Emerald again, and i was completely shocked at how quickly and smoothly it ran. I think the main problem was all the 3D models that made some lag because they were hard to render.

I think you're imagining things xD

There are no framerate issues with D/P/P. There's no lag, the only thing that is wrong with it are around the edges of the screen the pixels don't always cover everything they're supposed too.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Hmm...I noticed the bit of lag, but it didn't bother me too much really. :/

mitchman said:
True but this is something much much more then a visual change and such. This is a key feature that no ever thought would be seen again.
No, the Pokemon following you is more of an easter egg. It probably won't effect the gameplay at all.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
It is likely just an aesthetic change, but a refreshing, nostalgic, and impressive one at that.

If your little follower incorporated the HM animations into their OWN animations.... Well that would be interesting and humorous :D

Although unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.