1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by playerking, Feb 27, 2019.

1. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

Like previous threads. How do you think the first two Generation 8 games will impact the anime?

2. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ I'm hunting Ryoko!

Ash will go to the new region, meet the new girl and the other main character (s), challenge gyms, get stalked by Team Rocket, and eventually lose the league again.

3. johno1995

johno1995 Well-Known Member

I hope the anime keeps the character focused and light heartened tone that SM had. It is easily the most enjoyable season in a while for me. I do wish that they add more battles and whittle down the cast numbers. Go to a group of 2 or 3 main characters again, keep the focus on humor, add more battles and it'll be golden.

4. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Well there's not much to say right now....
    But Ash will embark on a journey again
    Gyms will return
    Ash will get Sobble; From what was said I think it'd work great with him...
    Scorbunny will be the Piplup/Chespin/Rowlet of the region

5. togenaught18

togenaught18 Well-Known Member

Well we know ash loves fast pokemon, so lets hype about another op fire starter lol... Ok no xD. Lets wait until then....

6. wellwellwells

wellwellwells Active Member

The fire starter SCREAMS Ash imo

7. CMButch

CMButch Well-Known Member

Ash goes to Galar region. Meets the girl. ( Brock returns or gym leader joins him), I think Ash should get grass and water starter. Fire starter can go to girl. TRio will follow him.Hopefully Ash's 2 starters evolve fully... that's it for now.

8. k6666

k6666 Pikachu Fan

Welp i hope they try something new like sun & moon but but yeah that what likely happen, Idk what so exciting about something predictable and repetitive
    And i can say the female protagonist will be sidelines since there no contest like goal and anime can't handle the right goal for poke girl right after May, dawn and Iris

AznKei and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  9. British Soul

British Soul Top Hat Regulator

I certainly think Ash will get the grass starter, and the fire starter will go to the girl. If they go down the 1 starter for Ash route, then maybe the water starter will go to the rival or something. Nevertheless with gyms returning, I can see this series be more battle orientated, but I'd like to see some character driven stuff as well, and if TR follow Ash here as well, I hope the writers do something creative with them or them help take down the organisation in the region.

FlygontheRavager likes this.
  10. Dragalge

Dragalge of the forums

Haha another "*insert title of game* effect on the anime" thread! Always these things for some weird reason! Ash will go there and explore what's needed!

11. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

I believe that Ash will get Scorbunny and Sobble.

12. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja ~Ice Cold~

Gyms returning? Check.
    Ash probably traveling around Galar? Check
    That cutie of a female protagonist traveling together with him? Hopefully

God that's all I wanted. Super hyped for it.

Also Ash is soooooo getting Grookey as his starter. Reminds me heavily of Chimchar. And the girl probably gets Scorbunny. And Sooble probably the second guy ala Brock, Cilan or Clemont OR maybe Ash too.

13. johno1995

johno1995 Well-Known Member

I think all 3 starters fit Ash... could we see another OS/BW situation where he gets all three of them? I don't like that for the sake of variety, but I also think it's always for the best of the starters so one of them doesn't get shafted in marketing. Still bitter about poor Chespin.

I also really dig the male protag's outfit, especially that beanie. Ash would rock it, I think!

If I had to pick two for Ash, I'd say Sobble and Scorbunny. The girl has never gotten the grass starter, so I think it's time for that to happen!

14. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Yeah. I think that Ash will get Sobble and Scorbunny while the girl gets Grooky, marking the first time that a Grass starter goes to a female companion.

15. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

So gyms are returning, i guess probably trials test in SM was not as succesfull, still was interesting at first. And please pokegirl have an active goal like may, dawn and serena or she will be in background.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  16. Dragalge

Dragalge of the forums

No they were successful silly! Reception was good!

17. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi Double Accel!

Crookey and Scorbunny scream Ash Pokémon. Sobble will probably be the companion Pokémon, or a rival's.

18. Remix2

Remix2 Well-Known Member

Given that gyms are back I’m expecting them to go back to the traveling formula form the previous series.

Also since this is based on the England, well it have any connections to kalo which is based on France?

19. CMButch

CMButch Well-Known Member

TBH, I am glad girl has brown eyes I am tired of blue green eyes. Sure Iris had brown eyes but, this girl probably won't be rude to Ash like Iris was.I also think we will get the girl and not female gym leader because in SM MC's are trial captains and Lillie and not female player.

20. British Soul

British Soul Top Hat Regulator

Not to mention, it fit the setting of the region, so yeah, whilst they were successful, it wasn't something that'd fit every subsequent region.