• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Technically, Megas are new Pokemon. I don't see why Clemont couldn't have had a Mega Manetric or Ampharos. Clembot wouldn't be able to use the Key Stone, so Clemont only uses the Mega versus Ash. It would have fit well with Korrina and Wulfric doing the same.
Because Clemont was meant to be the comic relief companion, while Ash was meant to be the one from the main cast who got involved into battles. Besides, his powerhouse Luxray barely did anything outside of their gym battles, so what makes you think that him having a Mega Ring would make things better? I would see him having one a waste. Korrina and Wulfric got away because they made their appearences close to their gym battles with Ash, after that we don't see them anymore except their short cameos at the Team Flare arc.

ShadowForce720

Are you kidding? There's a lot of comedic potential with a companion who wears a mask 24/7. Imagine a filler episode involving Ash trying to see his face behind the mask

Speaking of that, it reminds me of that one Naruto filler episode where Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura try to find out what is behind Kakashi's masked but everything gets in the way, maybe if we do get a similar pokemon episode it would end similarly and do this:

Allister:Behind this Mask!
Ash,Pikachu, and female companion:Behind this Mask?
Allister: Is another mask! :)
Ash,Pikachu, and female companion: "falls over in shock"

PreschoolerFromNowhere

I'm slowly warming up to Onion even though I think that he looks like a creepier version of a Shy Guy. I hope that if he's one of the Gym Leaders that Satoshi will face in the Galar saga, that he'll remove his mask during their encounter. And the fact that he owns a Mimikkyu in the games makes me hope that Musashi will actually get to keep her Mimikkyu in the Galar saga, so that it'll get to interact with Onion's.

Since he own Mimikyu, it probably safe to say he might keep mask on forever, like Mimikyu or it going to be joke where he drop the mask but only Ash can see what his face look like, just like Mario Tennis ending where Shu Guy drop his mask but only Luigi can see.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Because Clemont was meant to be the comic relief companion, while Ash was meant to be the one from the main cast who got involved into battles. Besides, his powerhouse Luxray barely did anything outside of their gym battles, so what makes you think that him having a Mega Ring would make things better? I would see him having one a waste. Korrina and Wulfric got away because they made their appearences close to their gym battles with Ash, after that we don't see them anymore except their short cameos at the Team Flare arc.
Ah, yes, Miss Let's Waste 5 episodes on showing off the shiny new thing that none of you will even get to do!

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Ah, yes, Miss Let's Waste 5 episodes on showing off the shiny new thing that none of you will even get to do!
Yeah, it's a waste of 5 episodes but the writers had 140 episodes to work with the companions and we all knew how they came out at the end. If anything, it exposed how limited the whole Mega Evolution concept could be and the companions would probably fare better if they had access to the Z-moves and probably Dynamax if they were introduced in that series.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Doppelgänger said:
If the writers were afraid of one Pokemon monopolising attention to the detriment of the team, the had quite the funny way of showing it with Ash-Greninja.

They certainly don't seem to have a fear of showcasing some Pokemon over others if it means that said Pokemon gets an increase in merchandise sales. I've been thinking about which Starter might become the most popular one of this generation and I feel like it might be Hibanny, which means that the writers will likely find some way of shoving it down our throats no matter which character ends up getting it.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I see Gigantamax happening for Ash. I could see Pikachu get a special one cause duh its Pikachu.

Drednaw seems like a Pokemon fitting Ash so that could happen as well.

Intrigued to see who will be the travel companions. Allister would be the perfect choice also would make us avoid the extra gym thing.

He'll have more than one, especially if the starters got them.
Pikachu, his starter(s), and a regular Galar Pokemon like maybe Rolycoly's final evolution?

Hopefully if other older Pokemon not named Charizard get them, they let the companions catch them. At least it'd be happening for a reason, unlike Luxray and Lana's Eevee...

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
How Ash finds out about Galar: A person from Galar comes to watch the Alola league (maybe Chairman Rose?) and decides to sponsor Ash after being impressed by his battling capabilities. And that's how he will travel to Galar and takes part in the Gym Challenge.

Since Alola has no previous Champion maybe Kukui recruits Leon to christen the first Alolan Champion. Ash wins the League, loses to Leon but gets his endorsement for an actual League?

Zariful

I wager all Pokémon can Dynamax if they’re in these games. But a select few can Gigantamax similar to z crystals and signature z crystals

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
Hopefully if other older Pokemon not named Charizard get them, they let the companions catch them. At least it'd be happening for a reason, unlike Luxray and Lana's Eevee...

I'm actually staunchly against the idea of Satoshi's friends catching older Pokemon in Galar. I've always disliked it when the writers have characters catch Pokemon that aren't part of the newest generation, so I'd rather see all of the main cast members catch Gen VIII Pokemon in the upcoming saga with no wildcards.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
As much as I hate to admit it, I think it would be nice to have a Pokémon Masters-themed mini season after Sun & Moon (similar to the Orange Islands) in order for the anime to transition into Sword & Shield. From a narrative standpoint, it would make more sense for someone like Leon or Chairman Rose to observe the Masters Tournament in Pasio, find Ash in a battle, & sponsor him for the Galar League that way rather than having them just randomly pop up in Alola or Kanto.

Last edited:

Emelie

Bookworm
I'm actually staunchly against the idea of Satoshi's friends catching older Pokemon in Galar. I've always disliked it when the writers have characters catch Pokemon that aren't part of the newest generation, so I'd rather see all of the main cast members catch Gen VIII Pokemon in the upcoming saga with no wildcards.

I think this was a huge flaw with the gen 5 anime since Iris didn't catch any new gen 5 dragon Pokémon or evolve the one she already had. Hopefully they will avoid this in the new anime. Gym leaders should stick to their type, otherwise they should use the female protagonist.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If we get cross-gen evolutions & regional variants, I think that would justify Ash & his friends catching old pokémon (similar to what they did for Alola & Sinnoh).

Most of the time, the only reason characters caught older pokémon was to promote the remakes:
  • May got Bulbasaur & Squirtle because of FR/LG
  • Dawn got Cyndaquil because of HG/SS
  • Lana got Sandy because of Let’s Go

catzeye

Writer's Block
It would be funny if Ash go to Galar and then he go to the gym and then ...

Ash : I want to challenge the gym leader!
Guard : Sure, first show me your endorsement letter.
Ash : What?
Guard : So... you don't have it... ///push the switch and Ash get kick out from the gym///

And there we go, he need to spend a few episodes to get one!

I mean it would be perfect to set up the event, like Ash spend time trying to able to challenge gym and then he somehow helping some gym leader or even leon himself and then he got the letter and able to battle gym now, something like that...

LMAO. I would die if this happens. That would be an interesting twist, but unlikely to happen. Which is a shame.

Based on one of the leaks I heard, I don’t think we have to worry about Ash being screwed out of a Gigantamax pokémon

Agreed. I was ticked that he didn't get a mega stone in X&Y, so I applaud the Sun&Moon anime for giving him a z-ring. I hope the trend continues into Sword and Shield.

Speaking of that, it reminds me of that one Naruto filler episode where Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura try to find out what is behind Kakashi's masked but everything gets in the way, maybe if we do get a similar pokemon episode it would end similarly and do this:

Allister:Behind this Mask!
Ash,Pikachu, and female companion:Behind this Mask?
Allister: Is another mask! :)
Ash,Pikachu, and female companion: "falls over in shock"

As that was my favorite episode of Naruto, I would LOVE to see this parodied in Pokemon.

Since Alola has no previous Champion maybe Kukui recruits Leon to christen the first Alolan Champion. Ash wins the League, loses to Leon but gets his endorsement for an actual League?

That would be cool or perhaps Leon (or Rose) were in Alola scouting for trainers and choose Ash.

Zariful

Since Pikachu and Lycanroc had their own unique z moves, one of Ash’s Pokémon may also have a Gigantamax form alongside Pikachu. Though honestly this is a gimmick I’d like to see get dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.