• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Since Pikachu and Lycanroc had their own unique z moves, one of Ash’s Pokémon may also have a Gigantamax form alongside Pikachu. Though honestly this is a gimmick I’d like to see get dropped.
It's pretty much implied to only work in Galar anyway, since it can only be used in certain locations, like Z-moves can only be used in Alola due to the Ultra Aura or whatever it's called.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mr.Munchlax said:
As much as I hate to admit it, I think it would be nice to have a Pokémon Masters-themed mini season after Sun & Moon (similar to the Orange Islands) in order for the anime to transition into Sword & Shield. From a narrative standpoint, it would make more sense for someone like Leon or Chairman Rose to observe the Masters Tournament in Pasio, find Ash in a battle, & sponsor him for the Galar League that way rather than for them to just randomly pop up in Alola.

I personally don't really see a transitional period as being necessary, because I could imagine Dande or Rose discovering Satoshi at the beginning of the Galar saga instead, and they could just sponsor him for the Galar League at that time. I'm all for foreshadowing when it's done right, but I don't trust the SM saga's final episodes to be able to handle that kind of subplot in preparation for the next region.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Whatever the case, I just hope they touch on Galar before SWSH episode 1.
I heavily dislike Ash traveling to the new region in the first episode, without proper setup like Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Kalos had. He just tagged along with his mother and Oak to Unova/Alola...

I'd even take Ash walking in on Oak talking/flirting with Magnolia in his lab, Ash questions who the lady is, blahblahblah, he's on his way to Galar!

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I heavily dislike Ash traveling to the new region in the first episode, without proper setup like Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Kalos had. He just tagged along with his mother and Oak to Unova/Alola...

I'd even take Ash walking in on Oak talking/flirting with Magnolia in his lab, Ash questions who the lady is, blahblahblah, he's on his way to Galar!
This happened in every odd-numbered season so far, so... We might at least dream

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:

As long as Satoshi's motivation for visiting Galar isn't as vapid as him going there for a vacation, I probably won't mind whatever excuse that the writers come up with to dump him in the new region this time around, honestly.

Decidueye23

it would be cool if get a glimpse of like someone watching ash battle in the league maybe the final battle and decides to sponsor ash to take down leone.
It would be cool if sonia recruits him to take down leone because he's become arrogant and wins only through some kinda manipulation.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Looking at it they will have like 10-12 eps post League. They will probably just wrap it up with all the schoolmates getting a farwell story.

Still would love a Pokemon Masters tie in that would introduce a Galar character or rival.

Wonder if they will keep the current anime style. Not a fan of the SM looks.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I personally don't really see a transitional period as being necessary, because I could imagine Dande or Rose discovering Satoshi at the beginning of the Galar saga instead, and they could just sponsor him for the Galar League at that time. I'm all for foreshadowing when it's done right, but I don't trust the SM saga's final episodes to be able to handle that kind of subplot in preparation for the next region.
It might look awkward writing them in SM art style (especially Leon) only to transition them right after to SWSH art style (assuring they change it again). Also they would just essentially be copying Alexa and how she brought Ash to Kalos.

catzeye

Writer's Block
I think Ash could probably meet Leon at the end of SuMo especially if Ash ends up winning the Alola league. Him meeting another champion sounds like something that would make him want to test his skills at another league.

As I've been thinking about this, I'm begining to think that this might actually be likely.

Still would love a Pokemon Masters tie in that would introduce a Galar character or rival.

That would be nice, but at this point I would rather have Pokemon Masters be it's own separate spin-off as I would feel like that would do it more justice.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Wonder if they will keep the current anime style. Not a fan of the SM looks.

I sure hope it goes away.
Jessie and James never looked right outside of disguises, Ash and Brock flat out didn't at all(Still stupid how they gave him extra pockets.... in flashbacks too! -.-)! Misty was the only old character that looked decent
I'd like a new style that makes it look like Ash and the TRio belong with the new characters, similar to how the M21 art style was handled. Ash and the TRio didn't stand out compared to everyone else

PreschoolerFromNowhere

Since Mimikyu and Toxapex was showed in game trailers, guess Jessie and James will bring both to Galar without any issue there... but maybe their Z ring will hand over to their boss so they can't use it during Galar arc..

Would be glad to hear if both are still around for another arc since i love them and they probably refuse to stay in TR HQ anyway... Mimikyu want to kill Pikachu and Mareanie love James so much after all...

There is a new Japanese commerical for SWSH that began airing today, and it confirms some new Pokemon to be in Galar, one of them being Toxapex. I know the anime will likely not even take into consideration the limited Galar Dex and show whatever species they want to show in the Galar saga, but I would love to see Jessie and James bring Mimikyu and Mareanie to Galar since both of them are confirmed to be in the Galar Dex. Like I said, I know this likely doesn't even play a role in the matter, but it's nice that they'll both be native to the region.

Edit: Jinx to the person above me since we posted at the same time about Toxapex lol.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Well they did say that their Pokemon weren't HQ compatible in episode 122

Since Galar could have Ash traveling again how would they keep the Bewear gag?

It travels although to Alola just to grab Team Rocket Trio and dragged them all the way back to the Alola region thus explaining why they won't appearing in Sword & Shield as much because they have to travel all the way back from the Alola region, either that or they just convince Bewear and Stufful to move to the Galar region, so that when Bewear comes for them they don't have to travel all the way back from Alola.

Status
Not open for further replies.