1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by playerking, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I sure hope it goes away.
    Jessie and James never looked right outside of disguises, Ash and Brock flat out didn't at all(Still stupid how they gave him extra pockets.... in flashbacks too! -.-)! Misty was the only old character that looked decent
    I'd like a new style that makes it look like Ash and the TRio belong with the new characters, similar to how the M21 art style was handled. Ash and the TRio didn't stand out compared to everyone else

Kawaii Emolga and wolf jani like this.
  2. PreschoolerFromNowhere

PreschoolerFromNowhere Well-Known Member

Since Mimikyu and Toxapex was showed in game trailers, guess Jessie and James will bring both to Galar without any issue there... but maybe their Z ring will hand over to their boss so they can't use it during Galar arc..

Would be glad to hear if both are still around for another arc since i love them and they probably refuse to stay in TR HQ anyway... Mimikyu want to kill Pikachu and Mareanie love James so much after all...

3. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

There is a new Japanese commerical for SWSH that began airing today, and it confirms some new Pokemon to be in Galar, one of them being Toxapex. I know the anime will likely not even take into consideration the limited Galar Dex and show whatever species they want to show in the Galar saga, but I would love to see Jessie and James bring Mimikyu and Mareanie to Galar since both of them are confirmed to be in the Galar Dex. Like I said, I know this likely doesn't even play a role in the matter, but it's nice that they'll both be native to the region.

Edit: Jinx to the person above me since we posted at the same time about Toxapex lol.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 3:30 AM
  4. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Well they did say that their Pokemon weren't HQ compatible in episode 122

Since Galar could have Ash traveling again how would they keep the Bewear gag?

5. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

It travels although to Alola just to grab Team Rocket Trio and dragged them all the way back to the Alola region thus explaining why they won't appearing in Sword & Shield as much because they have to travel all the way back from the Alola region, either that or they just convince Bewear and Stufful to move to the Galar region, so that when Bewear comes for them they don't have to travel all the way back from Alola.

6. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper Of The Gates Ambitious

I don't think Mimikyu is compatible anywhere else besides with TRio. And with Mareanie being confirmed for Galar, there's no reason to leave her behind either.

7. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Being in the Galar Dex does not mean that Mareanie and Mimikyu are coming back. I don't think that either of them are coming back unless both of them get new crossgen evolutions in Sword & Shield.

8. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

They took Seviper, Dustox and Cacnea with them from Hoenn to Sinnoh you know

9. RileyXY1

It was different back then. Aside from Meowth, Pikachu, and Wobbuffet, they hardly do region carryovers now.

10. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Man now that Mareanie's confirmed to be in the dex it's seriously spiked my hope that Mareanie and Mimikyu get to stay. It'd be stupid to make them leave when they're putting such an emphasis on their bond and the fact they don't want to be separated.

That and it'd be nice for James to have more than one Pokemon again for the first time in over 10 years! -.-

Kawaii Emolga, catzeye and wolf jani like this.
  11. Dragalge

Dragalge Swoobat

“It was different back then” is a flimsy excuse. That’s essentially throwing out the possibility of Mareanie and Mimikyu returning. There’s an equal chance of them staying/returning whether you like it or not lol.

As for where Bewear would stay, why not the Wild Area? Surely they can find some place that’s decent enough for a base there. =p

Pokegirl Fan~ and wolf jani like this.
  12. catzeye

catzeye Writer's Block

I've been wondering what type tone the SwSh anime will take. With Alola's laid back feel, the slice of life tone the anime took worked well in many aspects. I'm wondering since Galar is so competitive it might take on a sports anime feel? That'd be cool in my opinion since sports anime is what really got me into anime/manga as a whole.

13. wolf jani

wolf jani the sadistic Tranquill

Lol. Now I'm already imagining Ash & Pikachu having a falling out for a while. A pokemon being injured & not being able to use it for the rest of the season. Ash suffering a crushing defeat againts somebody he will beat in the end of the saga. And a jerk rival who turns nice at the end.

& all the other sports anime cliches

catzeye and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  14. RileyXY1

They're now more into promoting the new games, so we get less content from the older series because they don't promote anything new (with Pikachu, Meowth, and Wobbuffet staying around because they're iconic). I highly doubt that Mareanie and Mimikyu are coming back unless they get new evolutions in Sword & Shield.

15. potat_lasaro

potat_lasaro I'm kind of alive

Not sure if you ever watched it, but I've wanted Galar to take on more of a Beyblade feel to it due to the competitive sports feel it's giving off (I'm talking about Beyblade G-Revolution. That one is the best Beyblade series hands down. Not the new stuff).

16. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

Was that the one with the main character who had the pegasus beyblade? That's the only one I knew, after that ended CN switched to beywheels which I kinda dropped once the characters went to the desert.

17. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind if TR's Pokemon carried over again. It feels kinda dumb giving them only one capture each per region. I mean they're usually outclassed anyway, but at least when they have a Pokemon per twerp it doesn't feel like suicide before it's even started like it did whenever more than two protagonists battled them in XY and SM.

Plus I'd love if they did something like DP where both Mareanie AND James' Galar mon do the glomping running gag at once.

Mimikyu and Bewear are kind of arc centric though, I'm not sure if they'd carry over. I suppose Mimikyu might work if they still want something to distract Pikachu so the other twerps can have a role.

18. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

No, it's the one before the Pegasus guy

19. Master Pikachu 11

Master Pikachu 11 Well-Known Member

To be quite honest, I pretty much tired of the Bewear gag, so unless TR catches them, then they should stay in Alola since that is where there home is unless TR catches them

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  20. potat_lasaro

potat_lasaro I'm kind of alive

No. Pretty much G-Revolution was the last story for Tyson and the original cast. Pretty much the first half of the series covers a large world-wide tournament arc where Tyson has to defend his champion title for the 2nd straight time while now having to compete against his former teammates alongside his new partner who he buts heads with at times. Though the second half of the show focuses on a new organization (really an old one from the first series) takes over the organization that runs professional blading and brings in drastic changes and tries to commercialize it. It then ends with a 5v5 tournament that the main characters take part in to save their organization.

Yeah, not perfect, but it was Beyblade at its best considering it was just a show meant to sell spinning plastic tops. And based on how Galar gyms could be handled, they could easily implement mini-tournament like events for Ash to have to win to gain access to challenge a Gym Leader since it seems like a lot of people in the games take on the Gyms.

mehmeh1, Spider-Phoenix and wolf jani like this.