• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Beast Lover

I hope they do something new with the female protagonist. The previous ones are nice, some more than others, but many of them seem so close in personality.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I just want some innovation in storytelling, I feel like we’ve seen the “Satoshi helps bring out the bravery in a cowardly Pokemon.” thing so many times by now. If you’re going to give Satoshi Messon don’t make it a retread of the same thing we’ve seen so many times already. But I guess that bound to happen when a show has been going for two decades.

Give him Hibunny (has he ever had a high energy Pachirisu-esque ‘mon?) Sarunori is cool but again it’s described as mischievous and it’s a monkey, sounds like Aipom admittedly but if it evolves into a slow bulky gorilla it’ll add something interesting to his battle style and team aside from another speedy strong Pokemon.. Let the girl have Messon and help it become a good fighter.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
janejane6178 said:
I actually think that the girl will get Sobble, cuz May and Serena (Miss u) already got the fire starter :eek:

I personally don't really like Messon's design since it doesn't really seem all-that cute to me, so I have trouble envisioning the female companion owning it since female cast members generally tend to catch winsome Pokemon as their mascots for the most part.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Depending on the games, I'm hoping we get a companion who is actually connected to regional lore and has a more active role in the villainous subplot, more than our recent companions at least.

You know, before Ash decides to hijack the spotlight to go battle the villain and saves the day and whatnot.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Grookey definitely looks the most feminine, and I totally forgot Dawn had Piplup and Lana has Primarina somehow. So, just ignore me saying Water wasn't done yet. Grass definitely hasn't been done since Bulbasaur doesn't count as its not the regional starter.

Master Pikachu 11

I actually think that the girl will get Sobble, cuz May and Serena (Miss u) already got the fire starter :eek:
If anybody should get Sobble then should be Ash, both Dawn and Lana have gotten the water starter. None of the female protagonists have ever gotten a grass starter. Meanwhile Ash has gotten every single grass starter except for Chespin. I don’t understand why fire and grass continue to get the better end of the stick when Ash has them over the water starter. He has two fully evolved grass types and one in its second stage and three in their first stage. His fire starters are pretty much evolved from their first stage, with two fully evolved and three in their mid stage. Meanwhile his only evolved water starter is released until it comes back like Goodra and Charizard we won’t see it again for a while and he has three at the lab that are still in their first stage. So Ash deserves to get the water starter this time around because he already has both the fire and grass for this region.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Grookey definitely looks the most feminine, and I totally forgot Dawn had Piplup and Lana has Primarina somehow. So, just ignore me saying Water wasn't done yet. Grass definitely hasn't been done since Bulbasaur doesn't count as its not the regional starter.
Oh I forgot about Lana too, since she's not a companion, but a student.
Anyway, Yes - maybe the girl will get the grass starter this time. I hope it doesnt evolve into a mascular gorilla :/

Lightning Bolt

Oh I forgot about Lana too, since she's not a companion, but a student.
Anyway, Yes - maybe the girl will get the grass starter this time. I hope it doesnt evolve into a mascular gorilla :/
But the students are companions too. They are on the same class as Ash, but still follow him in (most of) his (mis)adventures since they belong to the main cast.

Last edited:

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
The Galar starters are interesting because like Alola before it, none of the base stages are overtly ‘feminine’ (now I don’t particularly think Snivy and Fennekin are very girly Pokémon, but that seems to be the popular opinion). Out of them all though, Scorbunny is definitely the Piplup 5.0 with its cutesy design and strong marketability, so if Gloria is on the cast my bets are that it’s going to her. Grookey’s hair stick could be a hint to a more feminine evolutionary line (plus the fact that after Delphox and Primarina we haven’t had a obviously feminine Grass starter) but who knows.

It is about time for the female to get literally anything other than the fire starter, though.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Only one who had a fire starters is May/Haruka herself.
--edited--
I forgot about Serana my bad

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
With Galar having a sports theme, it kind of sucks they blew their loads on a bunch of comfy sports episodes this saga, PokeBase, PokeGolf, Pokemon Sled, Pokemon Ping-Pong (2.0). I wouldn’t mind seeing PokeRinger make a return next saga, Pokemon Baccer, of course already exist as a stand-in for soccer. Suiren really liked sports, so did Kaki and Iris liked football iirc. Shame we won’t get a reunion episode focusing on these kids battling as a team.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
With Galar having a sports theme, it kind of sucks they blew their loads on a bunch of comfy sports episodes this saga, PokeBase, PokeGolf, Pokemon Sled, Pokemon Ping-Pong (2.0).
I guess we could always go with the weird and obscure sports like hammer throwing and caber tossing, two sports created in Great Britain. It would be perfect for Galar.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It is about time for the female to get literally anything other than the fire starter, though.

Um.... I'd say that about the Water type.
Ash has missed out on Mudkip, Piplup, and Popplio
Compared to Torchic and Fennekin. And Chespin of Grass

However you look at it, the female's had Water twice(And most recently too, been YEARS since Fennekin now....) and Fire twice. Grass none.

dman_dustin

I'm still not sure how dynamaxing is really going to work here. Because I severely doubt they'd be able to do it properly with Pikachu (given that it doesn't like being inside Poke balls), so is Pikachu stuck battling giant Pokemon?

Um.... I'd say that about the Water type.
Ash has missed out on Mudkip, Piplup, and Popplio
Compared to Torchic and Fennekin. And Chespin of Grass

However you look at it, the female's had Water twice(And most recently too, been YEARS since Fennekin now....) and Fire twice. Grass none.

And Ash has yet to have both JUST the fire and water starters. He's had fire and grass (twice), all three (3 times), and 1 starter (2 time). Another reason why Ash should get Scorbunny and Sobble, while the female gets Grookey (if that's the case).

Yes I do realize Ash hasn't had JUST the Grass and Water starter either, but that would leave hypothetical character getting the fire starter, Clemont is the only companion that truly had the grass starter. But if a female companion HAS to have a starter than give her Grookey for something UNIQUE.

Status
Not open for further replies.