• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
I see Marnie as female gladion, and i hope she become first legit female rival ala gladion, i don't want any companion if their goal hardly battle, i rather they sole focus on ash and made Marnie and the other character rival and appear more often , it work with gladion, because after bw all female lead goal kinda sucks
Also if some one said ash cannot handle the series itself, the Ula ula episode tell other wise, just make rival appear more often

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Looking at the "Rotomi" pic I can see a filler where Rotomdex falls in love with it only to end up heartbroken. It fits previous patterns and it's the kind of joke that's so obvious it has to be made.

Look, we finally have a female character who's close enough to Ash's age that she could reasonably his female traveling companion other than Gloria.

And she has the resident Pika-clone, too. Though I'm not holding my breath.

If Marnie isn't used, I could see the Pika-clone going to TR. I dunno, it just fits them.

Better yet, members of Team Yell ship Marnie with Ash to parody the shipping wars.

Sold!

Now, I want it to happen but it's most likely it won't.

(still want Victor as Ash's companion though)

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Looks like we'll have quite a few rivals this time!
The question now is if the creative team will make good use of them (or use them at all)...

I'm getting Team Skull vibes from Team Yell. Not a good thing. Please tell me the Show won't make them a poor man's TRio too...

Please tell me there will be something about James and Galarian Wheezing!

Lightning Bolt

No one. Gag starters are starters that remain unevolved, have poor battling prowess, and have personality attributes that are abused for the sake of gags.
For the sake of practicality, Rowlet fits 2 of those categories. He's the most gag - focused starter this region. He just got lucky that he got to be a competent battler.
Now that I think about it, Poipole kinda of took that role. Considering in the games is said Poipole is a starter Pokémon in it's main world, Ash's Poipole fits all of those categories. He didn't evolved, was just there for the sake of being cute and doing funny antics, and never evolved. So maybe the SM writers realized this, and the Alola starters werefree from that disgrace. Ash's Litten evolved one time, Lana's Popplio evolved all the way to Primarina being the only female starter besides May's Blaziken and Venussaur to do so and Ash's Rowlet didn't evolved and is a butt monkey but has a pretty solid battle track record unlike Chespin and Oshawott.

That's very unlikely, but it would be pretty funny if that's what the writers were thinking.
Galarian Weezing for James yay or nay?
That would need continuity, and the show just don't really care about that anymore.
But considering SM has made several references to TRio's past mons it's not out of context. I would love to see that tbh.
Remember the one SM episode where Rotom went through different appliances and ended up controlling a Pokemon Center?

Well they weren’t (sorta) joking around: https://mobile.twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1159089853339963394?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet
Many people theorized gen 8 region would be based on England based on a SM filler, so at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Detective Laki became a Gym Leader.

(Coincidentally, both fillers were focused on Rotom Dex)
Speaking of potential, I think Bede has a lot of it if he becomes his main rival for Galar.
He gives me some Harley vibes.

Ultra Beast Lover

I could see Marnie going either way, from the way the Japanese trailer presented her I doubt she'd be very hostile towards Ash if she was a rival, if anything she might stop Team Yell from fighting him at certain points, heck I could see her forming a close friendship with Ash. If she is the travel companion that could make fighting Team Yell hard unless of course they ignore her protests and do things anyways until she fights them. Bede on the other hand, oh boy we're gonna be in for quite the ride with Bede.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Give Galarian Weezing to the main cast instead of TRio, causing James emotional devastation every time he has to fight them.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Around what time is the first anime related news released for new games? I’m ready to see who Ash’s companions are. I’d like Bede or maybe Hop as the male companion and Nessa or Sonia as the female companion. I really don’t want it to be Gloria..

Status
Not open for further replies.