• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I do hope the success of the Mewtwo remake gives them enough reason to continue with the AU started with M20 for the Gen 8 films.
Except M22 doesn't take place in that AU timeline. It is a CGI remake of the first movie.

Red and Blue

Except M22 doesn't take place in that AU timeline. It is a CGI remake of the first movie.
I know. I just wanted the next films to stay in the alternate universe instead of going back to the old formula. If M22 bombed that might keep them from trying new things

I'm hoping it doesn't just encourage them to continue with the remake trend. I'm all for the AU thing, just no remakes please. And I feel one movie per generation at least should star the current cast. The Alola gang might have been too big for that to be feasible.
The Alolan legendaries and UBs being tied deeply with the plot of the anime was probably another factor

Sham

The Guardian of War
I’m positive that the remakes were Kanto exclusive although I could be wrong.

Leonhart

Imagineer
janejane6178 said:
The first news for SM anime in september 12th and the first news for XY anime were around 9th, so we might have less than a month till we have some news regarding SwSH anime right?

I expected the Shield and Sword saga to be officially announced next month anyway since we're getting really close to the release of the games and the saga that'll promote them should in turn be promoted a few months in advance to increase the hype.

DatsRight

I wonder if SS will continue SM's trend of letting mythicals be officially caught by the protagonists by the way.

I know some aren't big on the handling but it was interesting to see usually elusive Pokemon be main characters and part of the main group this time round.

Leonhart

Imagineer
DatsRight said:
I wonder if SS will continue SM's trend of letting mythicals be officially caught by the protagonists by the way.

I know some aren't big on the handling but it was interesting to see usually elusive Pokemon be main characters and part of the main group this time round.

Given that the Mythicals that have joined the cast have been portrayed more like glorified plush dolls with comedic gags on occasion than anything substantial, I'm not really looking forward to more potential flanderization of Mythicals in Galar.

Red and Blue

If Ash's Galarian team is comprised of marketable Pokemon again he could end up with a second mythical. Or legendary

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

I'd be okay with that, but only if they space it out. Not like SM where Ash got Meltan, Mallow befriended Shaymin, and Lillie 'received' Magearna all within 5 episodes
And actually take the time to make you care for more than just one of them, it's hard to care about Shaymin at all given how little we saw of a personality and the fact it might leave Mallow, and Magearna's going to literally be the same way as she'll awaken with a handful(or even one or two) of episodes to showcase any personality

Like if the first mythical of the generation is going to be caught, don't wait until the very end of the damn saga to give it to somebody!

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
No, because they're never gonna pull off 3D humans convincingly for at least the next decade or so.
Dunno, I'd down for something stylized like Slugterra or TMNT 2012, for example, but well executed. However, animeverse wise, 3D just doesn't feel as Pokemon in the long run. People complained a lot about SM changed the classic style, but I liked have the characters less "square" and more "rounded". If anything, Ash's hair in SM is kinda...iffy. I don't think they will ditch 2D for 3D in the main anime so soon.

If Ash's Galarian team is comprised of marketable Pokemon again he could end up with a second mythical. Or legendary
I hope nothing aside a starter and some special wild card this time (I'm even missing the early route bird now), but if anything, give him a full team this time, maybe an extra mon just for the sake of not forget he can send/pick things to/from Oak. Give more love to his old mons would be very appreciated too.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Red and Blue said:

I feel like most if not all of Satoshi's previous teams have been assembled from marketable Pokemon for the most part. It's one of the few things that's consistent about his character since the writers like promoting popular Pokemon such as the Starters on his team, which is partially why I was thinking before that he might get all three Galar Starters.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Since galar is looking like pro battle region, i think most of ash's team will evolve this time just like sinnoh and kalos. I hope they give him starter who had good final evolution design sort of like in sinnoh. Its shocking they have not given a great full evolved fire type starter since infernape since emboa, delphox and incineroar all have underwhelming design and from the looks of it scorbunny's final evolution will join that group.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Was Iris, Cilan, Mallow, Kiawe, Soph, Lana and Lillie introduced early in the games announcement or late? Maybe we can make connection. I remember SM announcing trial captains pretty early but I’m not sure about individual characters.

Red and Blue

Now I wonder if Team Rocket will challange the Galar League and who will be there sponsor if there do?
I bet Jessie will be the one that will try to challange this league like she did both Contests and Showcases.
While the Team Rocket trio doing gyms is an new idea would they stand a chance against trainers that would give Ash a difficult challenge?

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Was Iris, Cilan, Mallow, Kiawe, Soph, Lana and Lillie introduced early in the games announcement or late? Maybe we can make connection. I remember SM announcing trial captains pretty early but I’m not sure about individual characters.

I remember Lillie being announced in the 6/2/16 trailer, and Mallow, Kiawe, Sophocles, and Lana followed in the 8/1/16 trailer. I wasn’t around for the BW prerelease cycle, so I’m not sure about Iris and Cilan; I can faintly remember Clemont first being in a CoroCoro scan around Summer 2013. So from that, we can tentatively say they tend to choose characters announced right in the middle of the prerelease cycle.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Legend1985 said:
Now I wonder if Team Rocket will challange the Galar League and who will be there sponsor if there do?
I bet Jessie will be the one that will try to challange this league like she did both Contests and Showcases.

I don't think the Rocket-dan should compete at the Galar League, because assuming that the next saga will be more battle focused than SM, I can't imagine Musashi or Kojirou being strong enough to progress far in the next League.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I remember Lillie being announced in the 6/2/16 trailer, and Mallow, Kiawe, Sophocles, and Lana followed in the 8/1/16 trailer. I wasn’t around for the BW prerelease cycle, so I’m not sure about Iris and Cilan; I can faintly remember Clemont first being in a CoroCoro scan around Summer 2013. So from that, we can tentatively say they tend to choose characters announced right in the middle of the prerelease cycle.
Going by that logic Bea and Allister have the best chance of appearing sadly. I don’t like neither of their appearances.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I don't think the Rocket-dan should compete at the Galar League, because assuming that the next saga will be more battle focused than SM, I can't imagine Musashi or Kojirou being strong enough to progress far in the next League.

I dont think they are strong enough to win gym badges, as seen with dawn winning a gym badge is far more difficult than winning contest ribbon.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Going by that logic Bea and Allister have the best chance of appearing sadly. I don’t like neither of their appearances.

I really like Allister and I think he has potential as a companion, but Bea all around isn’t very appealing to me either. Her design is very blocky and rounded which I think would look awkward in motion, and a companion with virtually no personality like Bea would be so monotonous to watch. There’s still a chance that neither of them will be on the cast though; Lillie was announced in June and she’s arguably the main Pokégirl of SM. It’s all just coincidence anyways in the long term, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.