• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Is it me or there are very less number of new pokemon designs in this series as well which has become custom for last two regions are they going out of idea.

dman_dustin

Is it me or there are very less number of new pokemon designs in this series as well which has become custom for last two regions are they going out of idea.

We don't know how many Pokemon there will be. There is a theory based on how many Pokemon there would be after Sword and Shield which implies (but DOES NOT confirm) there will be over a 100 new Pokemon in Sword and Shield.

As for X&Y and Sun and Moon, no, I don't think its that they are running out of ideas. I just think its as simple as they didn't or couldn't bother to put the effort into making more Pokemon. Either making a new Pokemon model from scratch on a 3DS is very time consuming along with all the poses and moves/animations OR they just really wanted to focus on other aspects of the game, and didn't want to add more Pokemon to the game.

D

Deleted member 384931

The rule if a major female companion will make it in the animé is: if the female Player character doesn't appear in the games, she won't be in the animé. Think about it:
RS had May in it, May appeared in the anime
DP had Dawn in it, Dawn appeared in the anime
BWBW2: you could battle Rosa in BW2, but it was way too late into the animé to introduce her
XY: Serena appeared in the GAMES, Serena appeared into the anime
SMUSUM:Moon/Selene didn't appear in the games, so she didn't appear in the animé.
+considering you already have three rivals in SWSH (Marnie, Hop and Bede) I doubt they will introduce Gloria in it
Misty is an exception because they didn't have a female player character back then and GS they didn't want to introduce Layra in GS but introduced her In DP to promote HGSS.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
The rule if a major female companion will make it in the animé is: if the female Player character doesn't appear in the games, she won't be in the animé. Think about it:
BWBW2: you could battle Rosa in BW2, but it was way too late into the animé to introduce her
SMUSUM:Moon/Selene didn't appear in the games, so she didn't appear in the animé.
+considering you already have three rivals in SWSH (Marnie, Hop and Bede) I doubt they will introduce Gloria in it

Nah, we all know that Gloria would be just Serena in a Galar outfit. :p

Animac

Seeing how the new games will be competitive oriented(or that is what they are selling us), the anime "could" take the Sinnoh way with battles. With the slow-paced, non action packed battles we are having now, it wouldn't be that much of a change. Also kids who watched Alola in japan are 3 years older now(not that that would really matter in a 20 years long series anyway but...).

Ultra Beast Lover

Misty is an exception because they didn't have a female player character back then and GS they didn't want to introduce Layra in GS but introduced her In DP to promote HGSS.
So far that pattern has been maintained, we can probably consider it confirmed if Gloria doesn't have a role in the games and doesn't appear in the anime and if/when the next game has female player has a role in the game they appear in the anime.

Animac

You can see other players in the wild area, so there is that loophole. I wouldn't bet on that, though.
pokemon_sword_and_shield_obtaining_pack_of_potatoes_in_wild_area.jpg

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Please continue with the alternate universe. There are so many possibilities without the restrictions of the main anime settings. You could literally place AU Ash anywhere
Or better yet each region is a AU Ash so they don't need to connect a series to a past series but we have multiple Ash. This is the best route since the series has not felt like it has flowed since DP era

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I miss when the games utilized the opposite gender PC; it made them feel like actual characters with personality instead of just the leftover option. Rivals like May/Brendan, and to some extent Serena/Callum (which they could have done much more with) were fun characters, and I wish they would bring the concept back. Even if they don’t want to write the alternate PC as your rival, I’d still like if they made use of them in the story.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Maybe hearing about the galar region and it's gyms might inspire some of alolas cast to visit it and take the gym challenge.

Also id love to see Jessie and James join team yell. Either officially quitting team rocket or infiltrating team yell for some reason

Or better yet each region is a AU Ash so they don't need to connect a series to a past series but we have multiple Ash. This is the best route since the series has not felt like it has flowed since DP era

God damn it now I want an all ash tournament. where every final battle is Pikachu Vs Pikachu

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
So far that pattern has been maintained, we can probably consider it confirmed if Gloria doesn't have a role in the games and doesn't appear in the anime and if/when the next game has female player has a role in the game they appear in the anime.
Maybe hearing about the galar region and it's gyms might inspire some of alolas cast to visit it and take the gym challenge.

Also id love to see Jessie and James join team yell. Either officially quitting team rocket or infiltrating team yell for some reason

God damn it now I want an all ash tournament. where every final battle is Pikachu Vs Pikachu

Personally the more they isolate the SM era from the future of the anime the better.

As for AU Ash it almost seems that is what they want to since BW,XY and SM all feel si different while OS,AG and DP flowed well. Maybe the movies were a test to see how an AU Ash would work. If the SM Ash was a continuation of movie 20 I'd be ok with it. Like they could say that Ash is the indigo champion and age him by a few years and he decides to go to Galar hearing the league is a lot more intense. This would allow them to do a lot more with Ash since they would not have the past canon holding them back.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MidnightMelody said:

Satoshi's just inconsistent as a character, so there's no need for the writers to delve deeper into that by heading into alternate universe territory from my perspective. I don't feel that the writers are even competent enough to go in that direction in the Galar saga and make it worthwhile, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.